Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2013, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fanger
Parking Options at SJC

Please help by adding info that you happen to know! Thanks.

Airport short and long term parking

Airport hotel parking

---Radisson (to become Starwood)

---La Quinta

---Doubletree (http://www.quikparksjc.com/) PNF doesn't appear to work as of 21 Aug 2019 Also try/compare: https://www.pnf.com/airport-parking/sjc-san-jose-airport-parking/doubletree-san-jose

---San Jose Airport Garden Hotel (pretty good prices to stay and park)
http://sjcairporthotel.com/rooms/specials-packages#fly

Private Lots

---Park N Travel
Print Wikipost

Parking at SJC?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:26 pm

Location: Los Angeles and Eastern Sierra (weekly travel to SJC). "Home airports": LAX/BUR/BIH/SJC
Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, TSA Pre
Economy Parking Lot #1 has gotten pretty bad. It regularly fills up Friday evenings in the summer. I don't park there very often, but I never used to have so many problems finding parking. And the rates are ridiculous. Even LAX is cheaper.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Heading SJC to KOA for at least a month. Anybody know a good one month parking option (preferably indoor) at SJC? I usually fly out of SFO and had options there for a one month or greater rates but due to limited flights into Hawaii I need to fly out of SJC. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:48 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
For that length of time, I might just Lyft/Uber to/from.

Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by brp
For that length of time, I might just Lyft/Uber to/from.

Cheers.
Need to get a car stored off local property in Marin County and will be traveling with a dog. I have looked at even day rates and with Uber in wasn't that much cheaper given the distances involved here. But ideally I still need to store a vehicle. Sky Park at SFO used to have a flat rate of $250/month (no in and outs) I used multiple times and that was indoors as well. Any similar deal out of SJC?
Old Jul 17, 2020, 6:06 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomad420
Need to get a car stored off local property in Marin County and will be traveling with a dog. I have looked at even day rates and with Uber in wasn't that much cheaper given the distances involved here. But ideally I still need to store a vehicle. Sky Park at SFO used to have a flat rate of $250/month (no in and outs) I used multiple times and that was indoors as well. Any similar deal out of SJC?
There's nothing I can think of off-hand for this. All our parking is outdoor and shorter-term.

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sky Park at SFO used to have a flat rate of $250/month (no in and outs) I used multiple times and that was indoors as well. Any similar deal out of SJC?
A similar price will be easy, but I doubt you'll find undercover. Multiple of the off-site lots will do $7-10/day at least when booked in advance. eg, Spothero currently has the Four Points hotel for $8.80/day, with shuttle included.

SJC itself has reduced all lots to $18/day which includes the main multi-level (thus undercover) lots opposite the terminals, but that's going to end up well over $250.
nomad420 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 11:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by docbert
A similar price will be easy, but I doubt you'll find undercover. Multiple of the off-site lots will do $7-10/day at least when booked in advance. eg, Spothero currently has the Four Points hotel for $8.80/day, with shuttle included.

SJC itself has reduced all lots to $18/day which includes the main multi-level (thus undercover) lots opposite the terminals, but that's going to end up well over $250.
FWIW pre-booked parking at 4P SJC is covered parking in a multi-level garage (well, it's open to the elements, but the spaces are covered). I've done it both as a Marriott park-and-fly booking using rate code PKF, and Best Parking/ParkWhiz/whatever booking site du jour.
nomad420 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by docbert

This has come up for me again. Anybody know if the Four Points deal is still on. Any others available in the SJC area, I need long term (at least 2 weeks and probably 3 weeks) parking in the area?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This has come up for me again. Anybody know if the Four Points deal is still on. Any others available in the SJC area, I need long term (at least 2 weeks and probably 3 weeks) parking in the area?
The deal I mentioned above is still there via ParkWhiz. Outdoor lot across the street from the Doubletree. It's the parking lot for a business. $6/day. There is no shuttle, but it's an easy walk to/from the terminal. We do this one frequently.

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by brp
The deal I mentioned above is still there via ParkWhiz. Outdoor lot across the street from the Doubletree. It's the parking lot for a business. $6/day. There is no shuttle, but it's an easy walk to/from the terminal. We do this one frequently.

Cheers.
THANKS! I may actually stay at the Doubletree the night prior to departure and I am pretty sure they have a shuttle to the terminal anyhow. I am going to check it out now.
Just booked the Doubletree and got 15 days free parking with them for a nights stay. Add that to my HH points and great room rate and I am very please. Thanks again!

Last edited by nomad420; Dec 15, 2021 at 5:06 pm
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
What are the current options at SJC? Last time we parked (years ago) I remember a long shuttle ride from the long term lot. Not sure what the fastest/cheapest options are now. We won't be staying at a hotel but it looks like Doubletree is closest and 4P a little farther.

Seems like much less info here than we have for SFO...
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
What are the current options at SJC? Last time we parked (years ago) I remember a long shuttle ride from the long term lot. Not sure what the fastest/cheapest options are now. We won't be staying at a hotel but it looks like Doubletree is closest and 4P a little farther.

Seems like much less info here than we have for SFO...
Use SpotHero and park at 2025 Gateway. Just a building parking lot. On the back , left side, just past the dental trucks. Make sure license plate is correct in the booking. Then walk to SJC. Like 10 minutes to B. Maybe 13 to A. $5 a day.

We do this quite a bit and it works great.

Cheers.
jmw likes this.
Old May 12, 2023, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by brp
Use SpotHero and park at 2025 Gateway. Just a building parking lot. On the back , left side, just past the dental trucks. Make sure license plate is correct in the booking. Then walk to SJC. Like 10 minutes to B. Maybe 13 to A. $5 a day.
Did exactly this for a 2 day trip last week. Total was ~$13 for 2 days, minus a $5 coupon (SH5AIR) for a total of just over $8.

Only catch was that the entry on SpotHero had the wrong instructions and the wrong photos - they were for a carpark in Concord over 50 miles away. I reported this and it looks like they have fixed it already.

Parking is now along the RIGHT hand side, starting at the front (not left/back as was previously stated - guessing they changed it as I saw another reference to it being back left too). There are "Airport Parking" signs, but they are just freestanding signs in front of a some of the spots (not all of them). They have arrows pointing both ways on them so all of the spots are valid parking, but if vehicles are already parked in the spots with the signs you won't see them.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just to update:

On recommendation of a colleague we decided to try AM airport parking, as the price was right. We prepaid and found the shuttle service to be satisfactory, though allocate at least 10 minutes for the ride + 10 minutes waiting time. Also do not valet as security is virtually non-existent and the area seems a bit sketch.
squeakr and himang like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.