Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Airport: Luggage Storage?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 2:42 pm
Hoc
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
SFO Airport: Luggage Storage?

This summer, we're flying from LAX-MAD. Going on AA from LAX-SFO, then connection to BA for SFO-LHR-MAD. We decided to give ourselves a few hours in San Francisco to get some food.

Here's the rub: we will have two carryons, that I hope not to have to carry into the city. I know that we could store them at the Travel Agency in the International terminal, but that will cost us about $50 or so. We won't be able to store them in the Admiral's Club, because that's in Terminal 3, and once we leave security, our ongoing boarding passes are on BA, which (I think) leaves from the International Terminal.

Does the BA Club in the International Terminal have any secure luggage storage? If so, we could use our boarding passes to go in there and store our luggage before going into the city. Alternatively, does anyone have any other ideas where it won't cost us a small fortune to store luggage at SFO?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
I stored my rollaboard at the left luggage store at SFO in December for the morning/afternoon/early evening. I think my total ran ~$10.

Why do you think it will cost $50 to store your luggage if you have two carry-on suitcases?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:43 pm
Hoc
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
Why do you think it will cost $50 to store your luggage if you have two carry-on suitcases?
Because I called and asked, and that's what they quoted me.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:24 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Did you look at these:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-f...uggage+storage

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-f...=luggage+store

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-f...hlight=luggage
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
This FAQ answer at SFO's website about luggage storage indicates the fees are charged per 24 hour period, not hourly, which isn't IMHO helpful for those with 9-10 hour layovers as I have next March on the way back from NRT.

However since it's the only option there is no choice so will email them and ask them for a rate and see what the reply is and will update the thread.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
general fees listed here

http://www.airporttravelagency.org/

the SFO link indicates that holds of less than 24 hrs will be charged at the 24 hr rate/
Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by squeakr
the SFO link indicates that holds of less than 24 hrs will be charged at the 24 hr rate/
Thanks for the link.

"$12 to $20 and up" for luggage storage seems a fairly inexact price range but as mentioned since there is no choice guess you pay whatever they charge or don't store your luggage.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:39 am

I had this in my personal travel notes for rates. I am not sure where I found this, either on here or a website:

5/2012 prices: $15 small carry-on, $26 medium carry-on w/wheels, $30 large check-in bag
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by wcj1
I had this in my personal travel notes for rates. I am not sure where I found this, either on here or a website:

5/2012 prices: $15 small carry-on, $26 medium carry-on w/wheels, $30 large check-in bag
Makes sense as the email inquiry I sent has come back saying practically the same thing:

Our storage rates are based on the size (not weight) of each piece. Most pieces are around $12-$25 each for each 24 hour period. (Our minimum charge is for 24 hours.) We can take just about any size piece in our secure storeroom. We are open every day from 7AM to 11PM, and we are located on the departure level of the International Terminal, on the "G" side, outside of the security area, so we are accessible to all travelers. We are just down the hall from BART. You can find maps at www.flysfo.com. We take cash, traveler's checks, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. You do not need to make a reservation, and we always have room.

If I store a small carry on for $12-$15 for 9 hours isn't too steep I guess so it is what it is.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:15 pm

I figured out where I found those prices, under the Products link (a pdf) on their website.
http://www.airporttravelagency.org/PRODUCT1.pdf
Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
If I store a small carry on for $12-$15 for 9 hours isn't too steep I guess so it is what it is.
Having returned I thought I'd update the costs in case others are interested in doing this storage.

My small Briggs & Riley carry on plus a rollaboard both came to $35 for the 7or so hours of storage and they broke it down as $15 for the smaller carry-on and $20 for the rollaboard which was a little more than I was expecting but not having tons of choices still went ahead. Pretty conveniently located too so all worked out.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:52 am

Prices went up!

LUGGAGE:

SMALL (CARRY-ON SIZE) -$35
MEDIUM (CHECK-IN SIZE) -$50
LARGE (CHECK-IN SIZE) -$80

I guess I will just hang on to my luggage for the 2.5 hour layover....
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:50 pm

Is that for storage or actually purchasing luggage? Their online price list is vague and I cannot imagine charging that much money for storing a medium or large bag for 24 hours.

http://www.airporttravelagency.org/price_list.pdf
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by wcj1
Is that for storage or actually purchasing luggage? Their online price list is vague and I cannot imagine charging that much money for storing a medium or large bag for 24 hours.

http://www.airporttravelagency.org/price_list.pdf
These prices seem just for purchase. Yes, the aforementioned prices seem high for storage and don't seem to coincide with what OP paid.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: LH Senator, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Plat. Previous: UA 1K, AAdvantage Platinum;
SFO bag storage

Hi -

I will be having a 7+ hour domestic->international layover in SFO.

Will I be able to leave my carry on bags in the lounge if i head out to see the city? Either in a locker OR with an Agent? What about other options at the airport?

I will be in Business Class and am also 1k ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.