FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Francisco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-francisco-468/)
-   -   Napa/Sonoma Hotel, for Mom & Daughter? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-francisco/1298492-napa-sonoma-hotel-mom-daughter.html)

stan1162 Jan 4, 2012 1:23 pm

Napa/Sonoma Hotel, for Mom & Daughter?

A friend and her 20 something daughter are going to Napa/Sonoma.

They are looking for nice accommodations, but obviously, not for a "romantic" king bedded sort. Hotel? Inn?

They are going mid-April. Anything jump out to anyone that might work for them?

Thanks!

J.

aacharya Jan 6, 2012 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by stan1162 (Post 17747251)

They are looking for nice accommodations, but obviously, not for a "romantic" king bedded sort. Hotel? Inn?

Thanks!

J.

Hilton Santa Rosa. Great deal on livingsocial for $104, which includes $25 credit p/p to the restaurant, and tasting passes.

Doubletree American Canyon/Napa. Travelzoo deal for $99, including $50 credit (not p/p) to the restaurant.

sonomawine Jan 8, 2012 9:57 am

Originally Posted by stan1162 (Post 17747251)

Thanks!

J.

They'd probably enjoy being near the action, shopping and what nightlife there is. To then end, check-out the Eldorado Hotel, Swiss Hotel, or for a more upscale experience MacArthur Place. All located in the town of Sonoma.

JerryFF Jan 14, 2012 1:49 pm

If they go to Napa, the Embassy Suites is one of the nicer properties of this chain and very convenient. Downtown Napa has really been improved in the last couple of years and is now quite interesting. The new Westin is even nicer but pricey.

If you go to Sonoma, I would avoid the Sonoma Mission Inn - IMO, it is highly overrated and way overpriced.

LongingForORD Jan 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Sonoma Airport Hilton Garden Inn

in Santa Rosa, just off the highway, 101. Not romantic, but nice, good service, nice wine list in the little restaurant/bar. indoor pool/hot tub. clean and fairly new. Just what you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn.

You really need a car in this area anyway, so if you are looking for convenient, this fits the bill.

I take my Mom and niece there every Christmas for an overnight swim stay-cation (I live 4 miles away).

Calistoga (in Napa)

Many choices, for years we took family vacations there, lots of good choices, quaint little town with 2 blocks of "downtown". Sort of spa relaxed type of town, lots to do within 10 miles, again you need a car.

GenevaFlyer Mar 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi,

Originally Posted by aacharya (Post 17762319)
Hilton Santa Rosa. Great deal on livingsocial for $104, which includes $25 credit p/p to the restaurant, and tasting passes.

Doubletree American Canyon/Napa. Travelzoo deal for $99, including $50 credit (not p/p) to the restaurant.

Related but unrelated question. Do deals purchased through LivingSocial earns HH points?

Thanks,

GenevaFlyer