Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vending Machines in UA Area at SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Vending Machines in UA Area at SFO?

Not that anyone is up at this hour, heh!

Stranded at SFO until rebooked 6:00 a.m. flight due to big delay out of PHL.

Anyone know if there is anywhere one can get a Diet Coke or similar planeside? vending machines, perhaps?

Some notes:

- The Subway on the Mezzanine (up the escalator past the TSA point of no return) is allegedly open 24 hours. However:

- TSA checkpoints close between Midnight(?) and 4:00 a.m. so once you go out, no coming back until 4:00.

- I tried to check out the International Terminal, but there was an "Exit Only" sign in the hallway near Gate 75, so I assume that means no coming back that way either.

In case you were wondering, Priceline doesn't work (same day) after 11p and sometimes neither does the service on the flyer they hand you for discounted rates (no discounted rates available around SFO tonight). Average price for hotels near SFO tonight approaches $200; a pretty hefty fee for ~2 hours of hotel room.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by DimSum
Anyone know if there is anywhere one can get a Diet Coke or similar planeside? vending machines, perhaps?

- The Subway on the Mezzanine (up the escalator past the TSA point of no return) is allegedly open 24 hours. However:

- TSA checkpoints close between Midnight(?) and 4:00 a.m. so once you go out, no coming back until 4:00.

- I tried to check out the International Terminal, but there was an "Exit Only" sign in the hallway near Gate 75, so I assume that means no coming back that way either.
I do not believe I have seen vending machines around T3.

According to the SFO website, the subway is open 24 hours

Nothing is open in the international terminal at this hour.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 2:39 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the Burger King inside security is also open 24hours, but I'm not positive. It is right before the inside walkway turnoff to international.

There are some vending machines in the International Terminal but they are for Best Buy and such -- they sell iPods rather than Diet Coke!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I think the Burger King inside security is also open 24hours, but I'm not positive. It is right before the inside walkway turnoff to international.

There are some vending machines in the International Terminal but they are for Best Buy and such -- they sell iPods rather than Diet Coke!
I can definitely verify that nothing was available for purchase anytime last night between 1:00 and 4:30 plane-side. I finally broke down at 3:15 a.m., exited security, and guzzled down about a gallon of diet coke at the 24 hour Subway.

Yelpers expand extensively on the quality of that Subway, and I'll add my story. This is going to sound like I made this up and/or exaggerated, but I swear on my FT Membership that this is a 100.00% true story: I order a "BLT with extra-mayo and a little bit of onion". The guy asks if it's ok if he microwaves the bacon (is there another option?!), which I agree to. Then I make the mistake of checking e-mail on my iPhone and by the time I look up, the sandwich is in the bag. After unwrapping, I got a bun with extra mayo, microwave bacon and onions. That's it. No L or T at all. I guess he thought I said BMO.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by DimSum
If you bear left, it's exit only, if you bear right, it's the walkway to the International Terminal.

I thought the Burger King closed down at some point, at least, I'm pretty sure I've been at SFO early enough in the morning that it wasn't open yet.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:40 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
....I thought the Burger King closed down at some point, at least, I'm pretty sure I've been at SFO early enough in the morning that it wasn't open yet.
Yup, we have confirmation from the OP above that it closes. They probably need time to rotate the grease with some other Burger King.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
If you bear left, it's exit only, if you bear right, it's the walkway to the International Terminal.
Understood. On this particular night, there was a sign in the middle of the path on the right that leads to the International Terminal.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Yup, we have confirmation from the OP above that it closes. They probably need time to rotate the grease with some other Burger King.
Around 2:45 a.m. I think I would have paid $5.00 for a cup of grease...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.