Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Plenty of surveys today, all of which I've qualified for, to my astonishment.
At last, today is like the good old times. Looks like someone flicked the switch at HQ today.😃
goldencondor likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:15 pm

Can someone tell me how I can get an invite to join e-rewards, thank you.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I was also having a bit of a dry spell and too many of the "no-points" profile questions, but then I went back and clicked on an old "You Have a Survey" e-mail and got into one that qualified me for a REALLY lucrative study- don't want to give away details that they might want kept confidential, so I'll just say that it's detailed and over a long period, but nothing too onerous on a day-to-day basis.

This, though, points out one of the maddening aspects of e-Rewards.

Open up the splash screen: no new surveys.
Click on a link in an e-mail just received: this opportunity has expired.
Click on an e-mail received last week- you get directed to a lucrative survey for which you qualify.

I'm sure it makes sense to someone.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I do a couple of different survey sites and the owner of Prize Rebel has said that surveys were pretty thin across different third party survey companies in January but that he was expecting the opportunities to pick up in February.

Which makes sense because there's going to be some lag time between companies commissioning the surveys and the surveys getting to people like us, and there probably wasn't much getting ready for the survey router pipeline in late December.
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by calical
Can someone tell me how I can get an invite to join e-rewards, thank you.
Not sure but I think you can only sign up if you are invited and the best way to be invited is to make sure airlines or hotel loyalty programs have your email address. Rarely, there are sign up offers found by FT folks who will post here - that's how I signed up and got a bonus of some sort years ago.

Originally Posted by Athena53
I was also having a bit of a dry spell and too many of the "no-points" profile questions, but then I went back and clicked on an old "You Have a Survey" e-mail and got into one that qualified me for a REALLY lucrative study- don't want to give away details that they might want kept confidential, so I'll just say that it's detailed and over a long period, but nothing too onerous on a day-to-day basis.

This, though, points out one of the maddening aspects of e-Rewards.

Open up the splash screen: no new surveys.
Click on a link in an e-mail just received: this opportunity has expired.
Click on an e-mail received last week- you get directed to a lucrative survey for which you qualify. Wow! This - thanks! I went into my trash, hit the link for an email a few days old - got through 3 surveys and a bunch of 25cents ones and then this pm. just did the same again and boom! A couple more. All without those pesky no points profile questions!

I'm sure it makes sense to someone.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I do a couple of different survey sites and the owner of Prize Rebel has said that surveys were pretty thin across different third party survey companies in January but that he was expecting the opportunities to pick up in February.

Which makes sense because there's going to be some lag time between companies commissioning the surveys and the surveys getting to people like us, and there probably wasn't much getting ready for the survey router pipeline in late December.
Has it gone quiet again for anyone here? I had a good day last Monday but since then it's been very slow. Waiting on this new wave in Feb..
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: British Airways
Has anyone else had issues with an e-reward account originally registered via Avios.com? Mine was opened and linked to an Aer Lingus Avios account, but I tried to log into my account last week only to find it had been closed due to inactivity. They've re-opened it saying that it was a closed by mistake, but now my only redemption option is into BA Executive Club! The redemption figures are also much lower with the maximum being 1000 Avios for 3,500 points as opposed to the old 2000 Avios for 6500.
E-rewards are also no longer listed as a partner on the Avios website either, and the old link URL just gives a 404 error
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by tartanguru
Has anyone else had issues with an e-reward account originally registered via Avios.com? Mine was opened and linked to an Aer Lingus Avios account, but I tried to log into my account last week only to find it had been closed due to inactivity. They've re-opened it saying that it was a closed by mistake, but now my only redemption option is into BA Executive Club!
Ditto. Avios.com has completely vanished from E-Rewards.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Ditto. Avios.com has completely vanished from E-Rewards.
My partner's Avios registered account has also just been closed for "inactivity" - I wonder if they are just systematically closing all of the Avios accounts? The was a comment from a few months ago on HfP that they would be automatically migrating all Avios.com registered e-rewards accounts over to BA Exec ones - I'm guessing that any Aer Lingus and Vueling accounts will get dragged over as well
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Has anyone else had issues with an e-reward account originally registered via Avios.com? Mine was opened and linked to an Aer Lingus Avios account, but I tried to log into my account last week only to find it had been closed due to inactivity. They've re-opened it saying that it was a closed by mistake, but now my only redemption option is into BA Executive Club! The redemption figures are also much lower with the maximum being 1000 Avios for 3,500 points as opposed to the old 2000 Avios for 6500.
E-rewards are also no longer listed as a partner on the Avios website either, and the old link URL just gives a 404 error
My account remains closed and "marked as inactive". I wrote to e-Rewards about it a few days ago, and this is what they replied:

We’re sorry to hear you have had issues with your account. We are in the process of reviewing your account(s) now. We hope to get you your survey account(s) back in the next 7-10 business days. In the meantime, until you receive an update regarding the status of your account, we kindly advise you to avoid any attempts to access your survey account including clicking survey invitations received via email prior to deactivation.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we review your account. Thanks again and have a great day.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:10 am

@josmon10 That was the same response I received. I got a followup a few days later saying that they were reinstating the account and it was back online in about 5 working days
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
@JOSman10. I hope you have the same positive experience as @tartanguru and not mine!

I also had been a e-rewards member through Avios and had been completing surveys for 10 years until the end of August. When I realised I'd stopped receiving new survey email alerts I attempted to log into my account and got "your account has been marked inactive". I therefore emailed them and after supplying the answers to a couple of security questions received a response that my account had been reactivated. However the emails didn't restart and when I logged into my account was still not finding any surveys to complete so I contacted them again and received exactly the same response as you've copied in your previous post. However when I had no response after 14 business days I chased them and then received the following bombshell response:

"Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account. As a member of our program, you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts. We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time, your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website."

I've asked for an explanation as to what it is I'm supposed to have done (I only had one account and I have always answered the surveys I've been given honestly) so I'm at a loss as to what has caused them to take this decision. What aggrieves me the most is that the trip I had been planning which would have needed most of the 30,000+ points I'd accumulated converted to Avios had to be postponed due to a serious family illness and instead of converting them anyway I left them in my e-rewards account and now I've lost them!!

If anyone has any suggestions on ways I can take this any further with e-rewards I would be very grateful.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by selondoner
@JOSman10. I hope you have the same positive experience as @tartanguru and not mine!

I also had been a e-rewards member through Avios and had been completing surveys for 10 years until the end of August. When I realised I'd stopped receiving new survey email alerts I attempted to log into my account and got "your account has been marked inactive". I therefore emailed them and after supplying the answers to a couple of security questions received a response that my account had been reactivated. However the emails didn't restart and when I logged into my account was still not finding any surveys to complete so I contacted them again and received exactly the same response as you've copied in your previous post. However when I had no response after 14 business days I chased them and then received the following bombshell response:

"Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account. As a member of our program, you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts. We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time, your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website."

I've asked for an explanation as to what it is I'm supposed to have done (I only had one account and I have always answered the surveys I've been given honestly) so I'm at a loss as to what has caused them to take this decision. What aggrieves me the most is that the trip I had been planning which would have needed most of the 30,000+ points I'd accumulated converted to Avios had to be postponed due to a serious family illness and instead of converting them anyway I left them in my e-rewards account and now I've lost them!!

If anyone has any suggestions on ways I can take this any further with e-rewards I would be very grateful.
Sounds like your 30.000+ points were suspicious enough for them to suspend your account. You are not the first, I am afraid. Sorry to hear that.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by mirror74
Sounds like your 30.000+ points were suspicious enough for them to suspend your account. You are not the first, I am afraid. Sorry to hear that.
But their records should detail exactly how all those points had been legitimately gained!
mirror74 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:17 pm

Yep, same here over two Avios accounts. I wasn't closed then reopened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.