Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:08 am

Getting increasingly annoyed with this '0.0 points' business. I've been 57 points short of my target for 48 hours. Had I been getting the usual 25 points per survey I'd have hit the target on Friday. And to annoy me further, I've just done a survey on petrol (which was heavy on graphics and slow to load) and one of the questions towards the end seems to freeze the web page so I couldn't proceed further. Grrr!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
So e-rewards merged with a competitor (SSI) not that long ago. I'm not an insider, but I am a seasoned survey taker. SSI do lots of prescreening (qualification questions before allowing survey entry) and rarely offer an incentive for answering presurvey or being disqualified after entering a survey. I'm UK-based and believe what we've seen is e-rewards moving to the SSI system for survey administration. I suspect this is the new e-rewards offer.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
The "this opportunity has expired" responses never seem to pay out anything, while the "Your e-Rewards account has been credited the partial credit amount" responses credit as usual.

My recent experience has been that one of those response types tends to be followed by many of the same type, even when dumped out in seemingly identical circumstances. (e.g. When having not clicked on anything within the survey at all.) Maybe some really have expired, but then why flash them up at all?
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:09 am

I haven't had a direct entry into a survey for weeks! EVERY one is shown as "expired" even though the invitation arrives within minutes of my clicking on it! And then you are faced with a long string of (very invasive) "questions to find a new survey" where they wind up knowing more about you than I'm comfortable with -- and then if a survey does come up it has nothing to do with the "questions to find a new survey" you just answered! Looks as though they're prying for personal information more than running surveys.

I've begun just closing the window rather than answer a long list of prying questions. If they don't start actually offering surveys (which they don't seem to) I'll redeem the "money" in my account and leave.
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Counsellor
and then if a survey does come up it has nothing to do with the "questions to find a new survey" you just answered! Looks as though they're prying for personal information more than running surveys.
They're also trying to weed out people who aren't paying attention. I've had questions asking about whether I buy items that don't exist. Did you get the one asking you to check products you own, which included an option for "submarine (e.g. yellow)"?!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kremmen
They're also trying to weed out people who aren't paying attention. I've had questions asking about whether I buy items that don't exist. Did you get the one asking you to check products you own, which included an option for "submarine (e.g. yellow)"?!
Well, this is nothing new... you have to pay lots of attention...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:59 am

I haven't had a direct entry into a survey for weeks! EVERY one is shown as "expired" even though the invitation arrives within minutes of my clicking on it! And then you are faced with a long string of (very invasive) "questions to find a new survey" where they wind up knowing more about you than I'm comfortable with -- and then if a survey does come up it has nothing to do with the "questions to find a new survey" you just answered! Looks as though they're prying for personal information more than running surveys.

I've begun just closing the window rather than answer a long list of prying questions. If they don't start actually offering surveys (which they don't seem to) I'll redeem the "money" in my account and leave.
Now (at least sometimes) they're not even making the (probably phony) claim that the teaser survey they announced to get you to click through has "expired" -- they go directly to the prying questions as soon as the splash page.

In such cases, I just close the window.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:52 pm

I seem to be getting a few surveys wherebye I'm advised I have successfully completed the survey but invite me to to answer a few more questions for additional credit. Perhaps this is a direct result of my continuously closing out of those screens that are "answer a few questions to find a survey" or those that look like I won't even get a partial credit for answering any questions.

As a data point - redeemed Monday 21st Jan., "Experiencing Processing Delays" in the ERewards Redemption history; points appeared in my transaction details of the Hilton Account 24th/yesterday but are not yet included in the Hilton points total amount (the app or desktop access).

Update: Points total updated 26th. So, from ERewards redemption through to correct Hilton tally just 6 days😀👍

Last edited by MAXII; Jan 27, 2019 at 7:57 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:05 pm

Yes, Hilton redemptions appear to be posting "quickly" again, eg within 1 week from redemption on the e-rewards site.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:22 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Same here. Very frustrating. Haven't yet seen any explanation of why this might suddenly be the case.

Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Same here. Very frustrating. Haven't yet seen any explanation of why this might suddenly be the case.
Definetly something going on, ive had all of four surveys this week, each one failed.

Last edited by Tilly71; Jan 26, 2019 at 2:07 am
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Definetly something going on, ive had all of four surveys this week, each one failed.
I think I got 6 this week, all but one failed (one of which after about 30 questions). The one that I got through was worth 100 points. Not even the 25 points for the screenouts.

I'm done. These people are yanking my chain.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:30 am

Finding a survey is like pulling teeth at the moment.
mirror74 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:29 am

Plenty of surveys today, all of which I've qualified for, to my astonishment.

Last edited by goldencondor; Jan 28, 2019 at 5:29 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I feel a little better having checked this thread today. I had been getting tons of surveys the last year - double the redemptions from previous years. Then a few weeks ago things stopped. I'd get survey emails for both myself and my wife's accounts - and most of the time it went right to the no surveys available screen. I just checked and I haven't received more than 25 cents for a survey for the past 14 days. The one survey that always went through was the one asking what TV shows you watched then asks dozens of questions about the show and of course the commercials. But they were always listed as worth 75 cents for 6 minutes - and if you screwed up and listed more than one show it went on and on. The last time I got the survey completion screen, rated it, and never got credited. Lots of issues it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.