Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Have seen several surveys recently where the initial question is :

“How would you best describe your level of involvement in your company's purchase process for _________________?”

And the item is something nonsensical like “rocket-powered axle flangellators”

Response choices are :
Sole decision-maker
Shared decision-maker
Not involved
Not applicable

Seeking advice : what is the model answer here to make sure you go forward into the survey ?
Or is this purely a non-functional question designed to waste your time ?
Funny you mention this. I'm so fed up with wasting time with the now, many initial survey questions only to be shut out I did an experiment over the last month with these nonsense Q's. My conclusion is they are definitely just time wasters, no matter the chosen response unfortunately.

Last edited by MAXII; Nov 18, 2018 at 4:27 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Have seen several surveys recently where the initial question is :

“How would you best describe your level of involvement in your company's purchase process for _________________?”

And the item is something nonsensical like “rocket-powered axle flangellators”

Response choices are :
Sole decision-maker
Shared decision-maker
Not involved
Not applicable

Seeking advice : what is the model answer here to make sure you go forward into the survey ?
Or is this purely a non-functional question designed to waste your time ?
The 'are you responsible for purchasing flux capacitors for your company?' questions are honesty checks. It always sends me to the main survey after selection the not involved/not applicable option

And the ones for Global Test Market- they do not care if you own a crab pot or not- they seem to want 1-3 'yes' responses from the 10 or so question list, again as an honesty check or to make sure you're not just running down the column of check boxes

Also for anyone who is in via the Avios.com program, it might be worth an e-mail to see if you can get reassigned to Iberia Avios as a redemption option for 2019 instead of BA because you can get 3K IB Avios a month that way instead of just the 1K BA Avios.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mirror74
Anyone else noticed that there are more and more surveys that ask you all the questions, and when one should get rewards, one gets notice that unfortunately one does not fit into the survey? Had two such encounters just today.
Yes, this is getting more and more common.

My most recent one was about TV watching from https://insights.ugamsolutions.com/
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I think I've got about a 2% or less completion rate for the ugamsolutions ones. At this point, I always pick answers that will get me the quick boot with them so I can get the pity points before being redirected to a study more likely to work.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I think I've got about a 2% or less completion rate for the ugamsolutions ones. At this point, I always pick answers that will get me the quick boot with them so I can get the pity points before being redirected to a study more likely to work.
I'm exactly the same. I say I'm 1 year old or from none of the countries on the country list whenever I get a ugam survey.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by andyandyandy
Got the following answer from e-rewards:
Don't hold your breath. I have 6000 Avios in limbo - probably gone forever.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Another round of accounts culling... my only account closed... damn it... will try to fight this, but have little hope. Had $117...
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:25 am

Same here :-(

That could be it for me. Oh well...
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wadmak
Same here :-(

That could be it for me. Oh well...
Well, I had culling experience few months ago, and after providing all details (address, zip, etc) account was re-established. Lets see what happens now.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by mirror74
Well, I had culling experience few months ago, and after providing all details (address, zip, etc) account was re-established. Lets see what happens now.
I was culled also, managed to get one reinstated. TBH, since then my survey opps have dropped finding only one day a week I might hit above 1k points, the rest of the week 300-500 points a day if I'm lucky.
Just been screened out at 40% in, it's starting to become not worth the time anymore.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tilly71
I was culled also, managed to get one reinstated. TBH, since then my survey opps have dropped finding only one day a week I might hit above 1k points, the rest of the week 300-500 points a day if I'm lucky.
Just been screened out at 40% in, it's starting to become not worth the time anymore.
I seem to have lost my US account. (details cobbled together from friends) Annoying... a good source of free Alaska miles... Hopefully one final conversion made a couple of days ago will make it to my account, meaning I only lost a few points.

I get far fewer surveys in my far-more-legitimate UK account so the net effect is probably 4-5k per month disappeaing.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:58 am

Has anyone received their Hilton redemption points very recently? I done a redemption three weeks ago and still not arrived, I know there was a Hilton IT update but the message has now disappeared off their app so curious if anyone has received points now.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:36 am

I did it just three... hours ago and am already concerned :-/
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
This is what Hilton answered after I inqured about the status of the points 2 weeks after the transfer from e-rewards.Thank you for your inquiry regarding e-reward. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.
I would like to request you to please contact e-reward customer support, as checked the account points are not yet exchanged.
As always, thanks for traveling with us and please let us know if you have any other questions. You can reach us any time at [email protected].

So it seems the points just disappeared in cyberspace. Off to complain to e-rewards
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
This is what Hilton answered after I inqured about the status of the points 2 weeks after the transfer from e-rewards.Thank you for your inquiry regarding e-reward. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.
I would like to request you to please contact e-reward customer support, as checked the account points are not yet exchanged.
As always, thanks for traveling with us and please let us know if you have any other questions. You can reach us any time at [email protected].

So it seems the points just disappeared in cyberspace. Off to complain to e-rewards
Could you please update us with what erewards CS reply back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.