Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Not sure where you get that idea. The smallest transfer amount is the worst ratio, i.e., 1,000 HH points for $25 = 2.5 cents per point; 2,500 points for $50 = 2 cents per point; 4,500 points for $75 = 1.67 cents per point (the best deal); and 7,000 points for $125 = 1.79 cents per point. Maybe your redemption prices are different from what I posted?

This info is provided on the erewards website when you do the transfer, BEFORE you finalize it. Right now, it says the following for HH: "Redemption of this Reward is limited. You may claim one Hilton Honors Reward per 60-day period per Hilton Honors account and/or e-Rewards Member account."

Note that the limitations change from time to time. HH has in the past required 90 days between redemptions, and they also later removed any restriction on frequency, but at the moment, it is 60 days.
Hi - FYI, I'm getting 7k HH points for $100. You had me worried for a minute but I just checked
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Anyone having trouble getting Hilton Points?

I did a $125 E-Rewards Transfer for 7K Hilton Honors Points on Nov 2, unaware of that Hilton website maintenance. It hasn't posted as of today Nov 12. Sent 5 emails to Hilton, got runaround that they will post soon - for 4 of them, only 1 said to call. Someone give that 1 correct response from Hilton a reward. But we all know this reward is an instant posting + my number was typed correctly in E-Rewards----I checked with my number in hand before going forward. I'm gonna have to call Hilton about this----this week. That's 7000 Points!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:41 pm

Signup link?

I tried to find this covered earlier in the thread with no luck.

I'm trying to get my mom an invite link so she can redeem with Hilton and Alaska.

When I signed up a few years ago, I’m fairly sure I found the link on Alaska’s website, but I can’t find anything now.

How can she signup?

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
I did a $125 E-Rewards Transfer for 7K Hilton Honors Points on Nov 2, unaware of that Hilton website maintenance. It hasn't posted as of today Nov 12. Sent 5 emails to Hilton, got runaround that they will post soon - for 4 of them, only 1 said to call. Someone give that 1 correct response from Hilton a reward. But we all know this reward is an instant posting + my number was typed correctly in E-Rewards----I checked with my number in hand before going forward. I'm gonna have to call Hilton about this----this week. That's 7000 Points!
I redeemed for 7000 Hilton points on 11/6 and they still have not yet appeared in my account either.
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by McCharms
I tried to find this covered earlier in the thread with no luck.

I'm trying to get my mom an invite link so she can redeem with Hilton and Alaska.

When I signed up a few years ago, I’m fairly sure I found the link on Alaska’s website, but I can’t find anything now.

How can she signup?

Thanks
It's been covered in this thread. Bottom line, there is no guaranteed way to find a signup link. It doesn't hurt to keep looking, though.
McCharms likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by MAXII
Hi - FYI, I'm getting 7k HH points for $100. You had me worried for a minute but I just checked
Lucky you!
MAXII likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Last night (more than 14 hours ago) I redeemed for IHG points, but they have not posted yet. Is this normal for IHG points? I haven't redeemed for IHG points in a few years, but I am accustomed to other e-rewards redemptions posting basically immediately. tls
The points posted today. So it took about 6 days, although per one of the above comments, that may have related to the point in the week that I redeemed. tls
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:03 am

Lucky you!
When did you redeem and how long did it take for your HH points to credit in your account?
I was under the impression that no HH points were crediting at present due to their IT systems update.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tilly71
When did you redeem and how long did it take for your HH points to credit in your account?
I was under the impression that no HH points were crediting at present due to their IT systems update.
Haven't redeemed recently. (I did do a "dummy" redemption, where I started the process but cancelled it, just to check the current restrictions on redemption frequency.)
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:00 pm

Haven't redeemed recently. (I did do a "dummy" redemption, where I started the process but cancelled it, just to check the current restrictions on redemption frequency.)
Same here. I'm just short of $100 & keep hoping I'll get enough to redeem while I keep seeing 7k H points for a $100.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Anyone else noticed that there are more and more surveys that ask you all the questions, and when one should get rewards, one gets notice that unfortunately one does not fit into the survey? Had two such encounters just today.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by mirror74
Anyone else noticed that there are more and more surveys that ask you all the questions, and when one should get rewards, one gets notice that unfortunately one does not fit into the survey? Had two such encounters just today.
It seems to be becoming quite common. I'm disappointed, and have cut back my visits.

It seems to me that the screening (for DQ) should be limited to demographics and one or two pertinent subject-matter related questions (e.g., Do you own a car? When did you last shop for auto insurance?) and anything beyond that should qualify for the success amount. Clearly going through a whole series of pertinent questions and then being DQ'd after 5 minutes of answering questions should not be permitted.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by andyandyandy
Same question. I used to transfer e-rewards points to avios.com and further to BAEC. Since all native avios.com accounts are now closed, what to enter when redeeming at e-rewards? The avios.com chat told me to switch to "Rewards for Thoughts" because avios.com are no more partnered with e-rewards, however e-rewards is still listed on avios.com and redeeming on e-rewards to Avios is possible.
Got the following answer from e-rewards:

You can still redeem for Avios using your Avios number. The Avios will then be transferred to your BA Executive Club account. Once the BA Executive Club miles reward option is available in the Reward Centre, you can use your BA Executive Club account number to redeem.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Counsellor
It seems to me that the screening (for DQ) should be limited to demographics and one or two pertinent subject-matter related questions (e.g., Do you own a car? When did you last shop for auto insurance?) and anything beyond that should qualify for the success amount. Clearly going through a whole series of pertinent questions and then being DQ'd after 5 minutes of answering questions should not be permitted.
Yes, I'm frequently thrown out of surveys after answering enough questions that they've collected some valuable information. In one case I actually watched videos and provided text comments. If it was a particularly long or tedious survey, I e-mail e-Reward's Customer Service team and have gotten credits- one time they told me that they were able to verify that I'd spent a long time on that particular survey. This tells me they have the technology to measure average times till rejection for particular clients/;surveys- they just aren't policing it very well.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Have seen several surveys recently where the initial question is :

“How would you best describe your level of involvement in your company's purchase process for _________________?”

And the item is something nonsensical like “rocket-powered axle flangellators”

Response choices are :
Sole decision-maker
Shared decision-maker
Not involved
Not applicable

Seeking advice : what is the model answer here to make sure you go forward into the survey ?
Or is this purely a non-functional question designed to waste your time ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.