Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:58 am

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that Virgin Atlantic miles are NOT IHG Elite Qualifying anymore? Is Hertz still EQ, though?

Thank you in advance
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Athena53
My concern, even though I read the T&C carefully and I don't seem to be violating them, is that ResearchNow will terminate my account because I'm having points deposited into the same Hilton account both directly from ResearchNow/E-Rewards and via ResearchNow/E-Rewards surveys completed from the Hilton site.
While past performance doesn't guarantee future results, I've uneventfully double-dipped in different RN survey programs for BA, United, Jet Blue, IHG, and Alaska without any issues.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachmouse
While past performance doesn't guarantee future results, I've uneventfully double-dipped in different RN survey programs for BA, United, Jet Blue, IHG, and Alaska without any issues.
Haven't heard from e-Rewards yet, but I just got kicked out of a survey on Hilton.com because I'd already taken it using another ID (or similar words to that effect)- I guess they have a way of making sure you don't take a survey through Hilton.com AND e-Rewards. Fine with me. Bonus points for signing up, plus a few "thanks for trying" points have already posted. Nice way to get more Hilton points.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Athena53
Haven't heard from e-Rewards yet, but I just got kicked out of a survey on Hilton.com because I'd already taken it using another ID (or similar words to that effect)- I guess they have a way of making sure you don't take a survey through Hilton.com AND e-Rewards.
Probably either identification of your IP or (less likely) a persistent cookie that both sites can read. If you have access to another computer (e.g., work or tablet) you might want to segregate and access one site exclusively from one device and the other site exclusively from the other.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by wadmak
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that Virgin Atlantic miles are NOT IHG Elite Qualifying anymore? Is Hertz still EQ, though?

Thank you in advance
I did read online that VA miles are no longer EQ.
wadmak likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
yougov.com time-waster

A survey from yougov.com seemed to be a time-waster. I was screened out after correctly answering my age. The survey already had my date of birth, as it was the first question. If age was the real determinant, it could have screened me out right after the first screen.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Does anyone know what will happen to the Avios.com sponsored accounts (where the only redemption option is Avios)? The Avios program shuts down next week. I had a redemption this week and the Avios "automagically" turned up on my BA account, without any intervention from me.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wadmak
Hi,

Thank you in advance
Hertz points earned through E-rewards are not elite qualifying.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I've noticed that e-rewards now do lots of screening for surveys before they let you into a survey. In the past you could enter more surveys and get a partial reward for not qualifying. They've reduced this chance to get something for answering any questions by having this unrewarded screening. I also think they've reduced the incentive/time ratio. Bleeders...
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
I regularly completed E-reward surveys and redeemed AA miles, with no problem. A few months ago I attempted a redemption, but the miles never posted to my AAdvantage account. I didn't attempt to contact anyone but have decided to cease completing surveys.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by catcher1
I didn't attempt to contact anyone
Well, that's probably wrong. In my experience they are quite heplful in such situations.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Well, that's probably wrong. In my experience they are quite heplful in such situations.
Agree. It may take them sometime to reply your emails, including those on missing credit or being thrown out after 4/5 completion of a survey, they would post courtesy credits. But if you do not let them know, just how they would be aware of the problems?

We use the program primarily because it is handy to extend the loyalty program's expiration date. Just redeemed $25 in husband's account to his United account because his United account is set to expire 11/30/18. I did not know now the UA redemption is instant. Nor I was aware that now eReward requires 2ndary authentication via phone. At least it allows a landline voice call, thank goodness.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Happy
Agree. It may take them sometime to reply your emails, including those on missing credit or being thrown out after 4/5 completion of a survey, they would post courtesy credits. But if you do not let them know, just how they would be aware of the problems?

We use the program primarily because it is handy to extend the loyalty program's expiration date. Just redeemed $25 in husband's account to his United account because his United account is set to expire 11/30/18. I did not know now the UA redemption is instant. Nor I was aware that now eReward requires 2ndary authentication via phone. At least it allows a landline voice call, thank goodness.
I think that the secondary authentication is just a one-time thing, and subsequent redemptions won't require it. But I'm not sure. (It's been a while since I last redeemed, so I could be mistaken.)
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:09 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Hi all,

I'm looking to sign up to E-Rewards to boost my AccorHotels LeClub points. Ideally, however, I'd like to sign up through a partner that allows me to redeem points for a wide range of partners, and not just one.

The LINK on the AccorHotels website has not allowed signups for at least 18 months, and instead directs users to a page to 'learn more' about E-Rewards.

Previously, I had signed up through Virgin Australia, however this only allowed me to redeem for VA, and no other partners, so I got the E-Rewards team to close this account, so I could try to find another partner in which to sign up that allows me to earn LeClub points.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for a partner that allows redemption for LeClub points, and ideally allows redemption on a range of partners, including Virgin Australia?

I'm based in Australia, if that information is pertinent.

Cheers,
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
I've noticed that e-rewards now do lots of screening for surveys before they let you into a survey. In the past you could enter more surveys and get a partial reward for not qualifying. They've reduced this chance to get something for answering any questions by having this unrewarded screening. I also think they've reduced the incentive/time ratio. Bleeders...
Yes, that's happening to me a lot, too and it started just recently. I can understand why replying in the negative to "Do you plan to purchase a new car in the next 12 months?" will make me ineligible for a survey of new car buyers, but when I answer "Yes" to "Have you taken an international flight in the last 3 months?" and it just leads to more questions with no rewards, I wonder why they're collecting all this free data.

I've been on e-Rewards long enough to remember when you got 25 cents or 50 cents for answering the non-survey profile questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.