Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Still showing up for me. $35 for a $10 amazon card and $75 for a $25 amazon card.

Quartelry redemption: Redemption Limitation Redemptions of Amazon.com Gift Card rewards will be limited to one (1) redemption per calendar quarter.
Luckily, even though I still don't see Amazon as an available reward, I still have Starbucks and iTunes (my usual gift card redemptions), among many others. And who knows, maybe Amazon will show up some day.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
My ONLY e-rewards account just closed with $250 balance, even after sending in the complaint. No read reason given (just some .... about one account per member allowed and similar). My sin - in my opinion: had done over $300 per month regularly and always redeemed $100 for United, Iberia, British and Avios, netting 2000 United and 5000 Avios miles every month. As I don't have any other e-rewards accounts, I obviously couldn't earn and redeem from other accounts. Obviously, this was too much and too expensive for those pigs. Thinking of suing them in front of small claims court. This is just unacceptable business in my opinion. So, all that still have active accounts: do no hold any balance, spend all that you can. You never know.
diburning likes this.

Last edited by mirror74; Jul 5, 2018 at 7:29 am
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mirror74
My ONLY e-rewards account just closed with $250 balance, even after sending in the complaint. No real reason given (just some .... about one account per member allowed and similar).
Thanks for the warning; I have over $200 in my account but am waiting till I can redeem them for Hilton points and a Starbucks gift card, both of which will happen in July. Too soon to redeem either now). Ordinarily I don't let the balance get that high but figured if they're going to limit how often you can redeem, best to get the highest-value award.

Haven't seen Amazon as an option yet.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
My cell phone is a VOIP number and is net being recognized as a valid phone number for confirming rewards, Even as a landline / voice line it doesn't work. I tried a few of the available online burn numbers but these don't work either. Anybody have a workaround other than the obvious, asking a friend to do get the confirmation?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by iang000
My cell phone is a VOIP number and is net being recognized as a valid phone number for confirming rewards, Even as a landline / voice line it doesn't work. I tried a few of the available online burn numbers but these don't work either. Anybody have a workaround other than the obvious, asking a friend to do get the confirmation?
If you go on ebay etc people sell real phone numbers for phone verification also. But asking a friend is easier, even easier is next time you're visiting your mom/dad/brother/sister, just do verification there while they're not around.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: JetBlue, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
My ONLY e-rewards account just closed with $250 balance, even after sending in the complaint. No read reason given (just some .... about one account per member allowed and similar). My sin - in my opinion: had done over $300 per month regularly and always redeemed $100 for United, Iberia, British and Avios, netting 2000 United and 5000 Avios miles every month. As I don't have any other e-rewards accounts, I obviously couldn't earn and redeem from other accounts. Obviously, this was too much and too expensive for those pigs. Thinking of suing them in front of small claims court. This is just unacceptable business in my opinion. So, all that still have active accounts: do no hold and balance, spend all that you can. You never know.
I don't think they really care how much you redeem. I redeemed $540 last month and that's pretty typical for me. What survey companies usually get you on is data validation (missing too many trap questions) or IP/location mismatch.
mirror74 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by karaoke
I don't think they really care how much you redeem. I redeemed $540 last month and that's pretty typical for me. What survey companies usually get you on is data validation (missing too many trap questions) or IP/location mismatch.
Might be. Did forget once or twice while vacationing abroad, Mexico or Jamaica, that I am no longer on US soil. But the punishment still seems harsh.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Does checking the balances of your account and other household members on Awardwallet trigger investigations? I do that often and recently I redeemed a bunch of e-rewards dollars for a few airlines accounts and none have posted in 4 or 5 weeks. Usually AA get posted in 3 weeks, I don't know about Southwest and Alaska though as I have not redeemed for them before. I have not seen the miles in all 3 accounts.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:20 am

Might be. Did forget once or twice while vacationing abroad, Mexico or Jamaica, that I am no longer on US soil. But the punishment still seems harsh.
I got kicked out a couple of times while trying to access surveys from Panama and Costa Rica last year while on vacation- they detected that my IP address was outside of the US. It didn't affect my account.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:49 pm

Add me to the list of crooks and liars. Account deactivated yesterday with $90 in it (would have been able to redeem another Hilton award in a couple of weeks). Usual boilerplate about what they look for before deactivating an account, they have no choices, blah, blah, blah. Thoroughly disgusted with e-Rewards.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
It looks like they are doing another purge of high value accounts. Keep burning those points down, people. Holding any kind of balance in e-rewards is a bad idea.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:58 am

I just got a tube of toothpaste in the mail that I'm supposed to use for 2 weeks and then evaluate via an e-Rewards follow-up survey. Naturally, I can't now. I think the only right thing for me to do is to send it to the Chief Marketing Officer of the Fortune 500 company that manufactured it and explain that I can't evaluate it and tell him why. What do you think?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Athena53
I just got a tube of toothpaste in the mail that I'm supposed to use for 2 weeks and then evaluate via an e-Rewards follow-up survey. Naturally, I can't now. I think the only right thing for me to do is to send it to the Chief Marketing Officer of the Fortune 500 company that manufactured it and explain that I can't evaluate it and tell him why. What do you think?
I think you can just get rid of it - he or she is not taking it that personally, There are always drop-outs in any study; they plan for it. I now because I've completed trial use studies but a little slow and found that they said they had completed their quotas when I went to answer my questionnaire.
FTF
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:49 am

I'm sure they don't care about the toothpaste- I'm making a statement. ResearchNow's web site touts its ability to recruit "hard-to-reach professionals", which probably applies to most of the people on this Board (although I'm retired from being a hard-to-reach profesional). I want the Marketing CEO of the F500 company to understand that ResearchNow is alienating the very segment most marketers want to reach. I suspect a box with a tube of toothpaste in it will get a little more attention than just a letter. I know one letter won't change his mind but I'll have channeled my frustration into a constructive action and maybe planted an idea.
mirror74 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Ah, OK. I had to look back and see that you were the recent purge victim. When you get the FT daily e-mail it's hard to follow the narrative of who is saying what from day to day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.