Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Free Quizno's Sub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Quizno's Sub

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Free Quizno's Sub

Quizno's is giving away one million free subs. The coupon is sent via email immediately. Photo ID is required at time of redemption. Note: You have only five days to redeem from the time you print coupon.

http://www.millionsubs.com/Reg.php

Last edited by bestbet33; Feb 24, 2009 at 2:34 am
Old Feb 24, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Already a thread on this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...iznos-sub.html
Old Feb 28, 2009, 8:59 pm

Beware, the stores apparently have a daily limit on the amount they each give away. When they reach that limit, they will only give you 30% off. Luckily, there are enough Quiznos around that you can go down the street. Found this out today when I used mine.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ilgoldstein
Beware, the stores apparently have a daily limit on the amount they each give away. When they reach that limit, they will only give you 30% off. Luckily, there are enough Quiznos around that you can go down the street. Found this out today when I used mine.
That kinda sounds like BS to me... per discussions I had earlier in the week- but YMMV... glad u were able to successfully redeem it
Old Mar 1, 2009, 2:35 pm

no one around me would redemn..even have photo copies of the coupon saying they won't redemn
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
There is alot about this promo online. The Quizno's are all franchises and the total for the food comes out of the pocket of the individual owner without any help from corporate. Also all the food for each shop must be purchased from corporate, so the shop owners are not happy about paying for the entire promotion. Of course most people are just getting the sub and leaving without making an additional purchase, so it is a lose lose situation for them.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
There is alot about this promo online. The Quizno's are all franchises and the total for the food comes out of the pocket of the individual owner without any help from corporate. Also all the food for each shop must be purchased from corporate, so the shop owners are not happy about paying for the entire promotion. Of course most people are just getting the sub and leaving without making an additional purchase, so it is a lose lose situation for them.
Too bad for them. If they want to be a part of the franchise then they should be required to abide by the corporate offer. I personally won't return to a location if they refuse to honor it.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ilgoldstein
My coupon has a specific store location and I have to use it this week. Wonder what will happen? I really don't feel like eating out again for a few days as my fridge is still packed with leftovers from eating out this weekend.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA

I'm not defending Quizno's corporate (because perhaps they really DO abuse their franchisees), but anyone who says things like "it is a lose lose situation" for the franchisees really just doesn't get it.

There is actually a PURPOSE to these promos. It isn't some type of charity, but rather it is intended to, at the very least: 1) introduce consumers to Quizno's products if they have not eaten there before and 2) introduce consumers who HAVE eaten at Quizno's to their revised menu and prices.

In other words, the intent is to drive more (paying) customers to the business in the future. If it works, that is NOT "lose-lose." @:-)

However, this promo seems to have been botched and I don't know whether there will be a net benefit to them or not!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I normally don't like to badmouth a freebie, but this promo is a dud.

I went to the local store. There was a printed sheet saying "Show your coupon before order".

I pulled out the coupon.

Man behind the counter says: "We do not take the coupon".

Me: "Oh?"

Man: "We are a franchise. We don't participate in that."

Me: "Where can I go then? Do you know another Quizno's that will take the coupon?"

Man: "OK, I will give you a free drink and chips if you buy a sandwich. Or buy a sandwich and get one free."

Me: "I will buy a sandwich and get one free."

I figured that was my intent anyway, as I was going to get the small freebie and buy a sandwich for Mr. CTM.

With tax the total came to almost $7. I don't quibble with that, but I really didn't like what this storeowner had to do to get his business, and I didn't like the way I was made to feel just to use a legitimate coupon issued by Quizno's. And, certainly, Quizno's made its point across that it did not trust its customers by making such a "secured" method of printing a uniquely numbered coupon with a warning that ID must be shown.

Why didn't Quizno's just issue a buy-1-get-1-free coupon then? That would have guaranteed a purchase of a sandwich. Denny's recent free breakfast was definitely a success as it brought in long lines of customers, gave customers a free breakfast and a coupon book, and customers came back with more family members and friends to use the coupons.

I mentioned the total ticket was nearly $7.00. As I looked at the size of the 2 sandwiches, I realized I could have gone to Subway's and got the foot-long for $5 without a coupon.

Mr. CTM and I both liked the Quizno sandwiches, but this promotion really did not achieve success if it was meant to foster good will and increase sales. They would have done better with a Buy-1-Get-1 coupon, or $1 off of a sandwich combo.

Quizno's, I hope you are paying attention to our critiques.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.