FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   HHonors is joining e-miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/915028-hhonors-joining-e-miles.html)

WolfManDoug Jan 27, 2009 10:00 am

HHonors is joining e-miles

Just got an e-mail from HHonors anouncing that you can now join e-miles and earn HHonors points. I've been hoping for this as an easy way to keep my kids HHonors account's active.

ChaseTheMiles Jan 27, 2009 10:11 am

Is e-miles a good program? What are the best benefits?

lucky9876coins Jan 27, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks! Any clue what the transfer rate is? Also 1:1?

AAerSTL Jan 27, 2009 10:14 am

I got the same thing!

Cheapskate Travels Jan 27, 2009 10:17 am

Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles (Post 11150966)

HiltonHHonors points. :D

Seriously, it's 5 miles per advert clicked, but it depends on how many offers they send you: from 0 to 7 or 8 per week. It seems that the offers have been declining a bit after the holidays and due to the economy. Our family got about 1000 miles per account last year without signing up for any additional offers/bonus points. (NW, DL, US, CO and now HH)

Just remember you are locked into one program redemption, so if you choose NW you are stuck with NW unless you move.

mommafrica Jan 27, 2009 10:53 am

Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles (Post 11150966)

Not as bad as e-rewards!

ktremor Jan 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 11150981)
Thanks! Any clue what the transfer rate is? Also 1:1?

1 e-mile = 2 HHonors points

KathyWdrf Jan 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by mommafrica (Post 11151273)
Not as bad as e-rewards!

I disagree with your rather overgeneral and completely vague statement. :rolleyes:

I've found that accumulation is VERY SLOW with e-miles (except at the very beginning with your signup bonus), while e-rewards has been more generous. YMMV, obviously. (Both are run by the same company.)

Also, e-miles only allows you to accumulate in ONE FF program (with serious limits on switching). E-rewards (depending on your particular type of membership) may allow redemption in various FF programs (as well as other types of rewards). That's a BIG disadvantage for e-miles.

For those who want to know more about e-miles, I suggest you do your homework first: read about it on www.e-miles.com .

roadtripman Jan 28, 2009 1:13 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf (Post 11155372)
Also, e-miles only allows you to accumulate in ONE FF program (with serious limits on switching). E-rewards (depending on your particular type of membership) may allow redemption in various FF programs (as well as other types of rewards). That's a BIG disadvantage for e-miles.

Not entirely true - I have accounts for each earning program. I haven't been called out on it yet, almost 2 years into the deal or whenever it began. It's quite easy to accumulate in this case.

Richard1148 Jan 28, 2009 7:30 am

I didn't get the email. Can you have an HHonors e-miles account if you already have an airlines e-miles account?

shorelife Jan 28, 2009 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Richard1148 (Post 11156702)
I didn't get the email. Can you have an HHonors e-miles account if you already have an airlines e-miles account?

Exactly the question I asked in the thread I started below but received no clear answers on yet.

AFAIK, you'll have to cancel that existing airline miles link with e-Miles but how to do so is hard to determine from their own website. Also if you'll lose the existing points you've accumulated under that existing airline miles program if you make the change before you reach the minimum 500 points, is another concern.

fly2w Jan 28, 2009 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148 (Post 11156702)

I emailed e-miles asking if one can change to Hilton. I will post their response.

fly2w Jan 28, 2009 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by fly2w (Post 11158670)
I emailed e-miles asking if one can change to Hilton. I will post their response.

Just got the following response from e-miles

Dear Member,

If you wish to change your preference to another e-Miles sponsor, you may do so for one of the following reasons, subject to the e-Miles Member Agreement.

You move fifty (50) miles or more from your current address.
There is a significant reduction or elimination in service to your city with your selected Sponsor
Your selected Sponsor is no longer an e-Miles participating sponsor.
Other conditions could apply on a case-by-case basis, subject to e-Miles Member Agreement.

If you qualify for one of these reasons, please contact Member Services via e-mail at [email protected]. Please include in your reply the following e-Miles registered information:
1. Your current membership first & last name and zip code
2. The reason for your sponsor switch along with any supporting materials,
3. Your primary e-mail address,
4. Your current frequent flyer airline or sponsor and number for authentication
5. Your new preferred frequent flyer airline or sponsor and number.

Your account will then be researched and you will be notified within 5 – 7 business days if your request will be honored.

Please note that any e-Miles(R) miles earned that have not already been deposited to your preferred frequent flyer or sponsor account will be lost, when switching to a new sponsor. e-Miles miles are non-transferable from one sponsor to another.

Thanks again for being part of the program

roadtripman Jan 28, 2009 12:48 pm

Just open another account under a different email address, people! You guys are thinking too hard!

lin821 Jan 28, 2009 4:45 pm

One e-Miles Account Per Person: Please Respect Agreement/TOS of Any Program

First things first. I don't have an e-Miles account (yet).

With all the previous discussion on e-Miles in the last couple of years (such as the quarter redemption/expiration, one FFP restriction...), I am not sure if I would enroll right now, even I did get the Hilton invite. However, I do read their member agreement. As a matter of fact, I read the agreement/TOS of all the programs that I sign up or enroll. But that's just me. ;)

Originally Posted by roadtripman (Post 11155609)
- I have accounts for each earning program. I haven't been called out on it yet

Originally Posted by roadtripman (Post 11158744)
Just open another account under a different email address, people! You guys are thinking too hard!

(Bolding mine)

By your own statement, you obviously already know per e-Miles Member Agreeement, any individual can only have one e-Miles account. Whether anyone should breach the agreemet/TOS, well, it's up to the individual himself.

However, I doubt it's a good idea to encourage or suggest others to violate the agreement/TOS.

By accessing or using the e-Miles Service, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below,...

If you do not agree to the terms and conditions set forth below, you may not use the e-Miles Service.....

By completing the registration process, which includes submitting the e-Miles Enrollment Form, you become an authorized user of the e-Miles Service (a "Member"). ...

1) Eligibility

a. The e-Miles Service is limited to individuals only; corporations or other business entities may not become Members.

b. The e-Miles Service is limited to one account per individual, even if an individual has multiple e-mail addresses.