Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Join the Smith & Wollenksy Founder's Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2009, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred

Join Smith's Founders Club for only $50 and enjoy the following benefits:

1. We will mail you a personalized membership card that will provide you with hotline phone numbers so you can make preferred reservations at all Smith & Wollenksy Steakhouses, including New York.

2. We will also mail you a $100 Reward Card to use at your local participating Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse. A Reward Card can be used towards food and beverage but not towards tax and gratuity and is valid for 12 months after it is issued. * ^

3. About two weeks before your next Birthday we will send you a certificate for a complimentary bottle of Smith & Wollensky Private Reserve wine when you purchase dinner for 2 or more at your participating Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse within 60 days of receiving the certificate. *

* Smith's Founders Club Birthday Program is not available in New York.

Please note: An additional $3.50 will be added for shipping and handling.

If you have questions about Smith's Founders Club please call 1-800-279-8387 or email us at [email protected]. Membership limited to one per person.

https://www.smithandwollensky.com/fo...unders_VIP.asp
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec
Looks interesting. Are there any restrictions on use of the card (not valid w/o purchase,not valid Fri/Sat,etc.)?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by pistonsdc
Looks interesting. Are there any restrictions on use of the card (not valid w/o purchase,not valid Fri/Sat,etc.)?
As noted "A Reward Card can be used towards food and beverage but not towards tax and gratuity and is valid for 12 months after it is issued."
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
If there was one near us, I'd jump at this.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
As noted "A Reward Card can be used towards food and beverage but not towards tax and gratuity and is valid for 12 months after it is issued."
Thanks. Clearly, I meant were there any OTHER restrictions beyond that. Any fine print?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred
none that is listed on the site...I suppose they will forward the "other" restrictions once you get the package
Old Jan 8, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Edit - delete
Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
I can taste the Macaroni and Cheese right now. Too bad there is not one near me - I only get to enjoy the restaurant when I am travelling.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:49 am

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Note - link works quite poorly, but can be found easily on the site
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:06 am

Heads-up to anyone who is planning to use the gift card in the near future: make sure you also bring your Founders Club Card with you. I signed up for this promo and received my $100 card about 3 weeks ago. Last night, I went to use it at the Miami location and was told the card was expired!

I hear the warnings about gift cards all the time, but come on! 3 weeks? As I began to explain the situation to the manager, I pulled out my Founder's club card. He mentioned something about running the numbers from the club card and gift card together. Then 3 minutes later, he came back and all was well.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL, Mariott Rewards
I wonder if this card is honored at the Las Vegas Blvd. location....I dont have one by me, but I'm there fairly often during the year.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Heads-up to anyone who is planning to use the gift card in the near future: make sure you also bring your Founders Club Card with you. I signed up for this promo and received my $100 card about 3 weeks ago. Last night, I went to use it at the Miami location and was told the card was expired!

I hear the warnings about gift cards all the time, but come on! 3 weeks? As I began to explain the situation to the manager, I pulled out my Founder's club card. He mentioned something about running the numbers from the club card and gift card together. Then 3 minutes later, he came back and all was well.
Weird... but good to know !

I think it's a protection against fraud that people dont sell their cards on ebay or elsewhere !
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:52 pm
ski

PPX Loyalty replacing Founders Club 500 Bonus Point

Received postcard, PPX Loyalty program replacing Founders Club...If enrolled by 3/31/13, 500 bonus. points will be awarded to your account...equivalent to $50 in Dining Rewards. Can bring mailer to restaurant and enroll right away to earn points during visit ( not valid in N.Y and points can not be redeemed on that same day). or Visit smithandwollensky.com/ppx and click enroll. Enter promo code PPXFOUND to waive $40 enrollment fee. Membership package will arrive in mail. or Email [email protected] or call 617-600-3597 M- F and mention mailer. Founders Club 500 Bonus Point offer expires on 3/31/13
Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by ski
Received postcard, PPX Loyalty program replacing Founders Club...If enrolled by 3/31/13, 500 bonus. points will be awarded to your account...equivalent to $50 in Dining Rewards. Can bring mailer to restaurant and enroll right away to earn points during visit ( not valid in N.Y and points can not be redeemed on that same day). or Visit smithandwollensky.com/ppx and click enroll. Enter promo code PPXFOUND to waive $40 enrollment fee. Membership package will arrive in mail. or Email [email protected] or call 617-600-3597 M- F and mention mailer. Founders Club 500 Bonus Point offer expires on 3/31/13
Thanks much for this!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Thanks ski

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.