Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Bank of America - $100 bonus for opening up a new checking account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2009, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat

Bank of America is currently offering a $100 bonus for opening a new checking account.

-New customers only
-Minimum opening balance of $500
-Must be open for at least 30 days
-Minimum one transaction with check card
-Offer code AOU260909
-Offer good until 11/30/09

***Fine Print****

1 To take advantage of this offer, you must use the Offer Code provided to open your qualifying new Bank of America personal checking account by 11/30/09. Bank of America may terminate the offer before this date. This offer is available only to new customers who open a new qualifying personal checking account. The new customer will receive the incentive upon verification of qualification in the incentive programs. We will deposit the $100 incentive directly into your new checking account within 90 days of its opening; if unable to do so, a check will be issued. The new customer is not eligible for this offer if they were a signer on a Bank of America checking account that was closed within the last three months. All accounts are subject to our normal approval process. Limit one offer per household. Offer does not apply to Bank of America associates, current checking customers or student checking accounts. To the extent required by law, Bank of America will report the value of the offer to the IRS. Any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the account holder. Reproduction, purchase, sale, transfer or trade of this offer is prohibited. For Tiered Interest personal checking accounts, the APY is as follows:For Tiered Interest personal checking accounts, the APY is as follows: Less than $10,000, 0.05 %; $10,000 - $99,999, 0.25%; $100,000 and over, 0.40%. APYs are accurate as of 09/11/2009.The APY may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. Keep the Change® patent pending.

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=1554257...072j650000d980

stolen from SlickDeals
Old Sep 13, 2009, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for the post. My only question is on the check card. I never use a check card, and can't think of how I can maintain the regular 1 minimum transaction a month.

I guess I do have another question: Will they accept cash (coin) deposits without a fee?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
Thank you for the post. My only question is on the check card. I never use a check card, and can't think of how I can maintain the regular 1 minimum transaction a month.

I guess I do have another question: Will they accept cash (coin) deposits without a fee?
You get the check card, make a transaction with it (even an ATM withdrawl) for some nominal transaction, then shred it. *poof* you've me the requirement ... and if its 1xmonth, then rinse and repeat -- straightforward and doesn't require you to to change your normal habits
Old Sep 13, 2009, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
So does one have to deposit $500 upon opening the account or keep a $500 minimum balance.

Can I open with $500 and then withdraw $480 after a couple of weeks?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by bsb21
So does one have to deposit $500 upon opening the account or keep a $500 minimum balance.

Can I open with $500 and then withdraw $480 after a couple of weeks?
A bank agent has confirmed that it is a $500 opening deposit.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:37 pm

Opened the account: check
Made $500 initial deposit from FF earning check card: check
B of A new check card arrived; made my one required check card transaction: check
Waiting from my $100, please post when you receive your $100 bonus, thanks
Old Oct 8, 2009, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by jbtniros
B of A new check card arrived; made my one required check card transaction: check
Account needs to be open for at least 30 days.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 4:04 am

Bank of America has got to be the WORST bank that I opened an account with.

I opened an account with them last April 2, 2009 on their refer a friend program(rules were this: keep your account opened for 90 days, make a 25USD initial deposit, make a one time transaction-debit of any amount, and youre set to get the 50USD)..

so I thought everything was ok...WRONG!

they refused to give me the 50USD after 90 days claiming that the teller that opened my account put a direct deposit in my account..so now the rule was that 1. open an account 2. make a direct deposit 3. maintain I dont know how much.

When I opened the account in Las Vegas and I told the teller that I was not a resident of the US and I opened the account with them, she knew the promotion of 50USD(referral) and put the promotion code in. Now, I talked to her manager after 6 months and theyre claiming that I need to do a direct deposit with them. WHICH I TOLD THEM HOW CAN I DO DIRECT DEPOSIT IF I DONT WORK IN THE US!

BOA has got to be the WORST BANK WHEN IT COMES TO PROMOTIONS. I have opened an account with WellsFargo and Washington Mutual (now Chase) and they gave me the 50 and 100 dollars after leaving my money there for 90 days. SO DONT TRUST BOA...theyre thieves!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:58 pm

Thanks for the link. I will do this. Just got back from a overnight gambling trip with the gang and lost a couple of C notes, this gets me back $70 after Uncle Sam takes his cut.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
What other options are there to fund this with?

Credit Card, other checking account, electronic transfer, or what?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: Various
There are other/better banks out there that have similar offers. B of A is a big enough bank...my suggestion take the offer to another bank you might WANT to do business with and see if they'll match it. Out here in the West, Bank of the West has this kind of offer, and would be more appreciative of your banking business.

**All IMO, I have no tie-ins to any banks.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by jbtniros
I contacted CSR through my account access and was told it would post around Nov 15.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Aitchly
I contacted CSR through my account access and was told it would post around Nov 15.
Interesting! When did you open you account!

I opened mine on Sept 14 and contacted Customer Service yesterday. I was told my bonus would post on Dec 29th.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:59 pm
In memoriam

I'd pay a hundred dollars not have to bank with BoA.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by bsb21
Interesting! When did you open you account!

I opened mine on Sept 14 and contacted Customer Service yesterday. I was told my bonus would post on Dec 29th.
Perhaps karma is on my side, my $100 posted today. My account open was in August.

biggestbopper, I agree that they are painful, but I was feeling guilty depositing all those $1 coins at my main bank . . . needed a new dump and BOA fits the bill nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.