Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Has anyone attempted to change e-miles sponsor from NWA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

With our mileage accumulation patterns changing, and with the NW/DL merger final and planning for a skyteam-lighter future...has anyone contacted e-miles yet to ask for a change of their sponsorship airline and what were your results?

Per e-miles:

Section 9) Changing Sponsor

If you wish to change your selection to another e-Miles Sponsor, you may do so for one (1) of the following reasons.

1. You move fifty (50) miles or more from your current address.
2. There is a significant reduction or elimination in service to your city with your selected Sponsor.
3. Your selected Sponsor is no longer an e-Miles participating sponsor.
4. Other conditions could apply on a case-by-case basis, subject to e-Miles Member Agreement.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:02 am
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
With our mileage accumulation patterns changing, and with the NW/DL merger final and planning for a skyteam-lighter future...has anyone contacted e-miles yet to ask for a change of their sponsorship airline and what were your results?

Per e-miles:

Section 9) Changing Sponsor

If you wish to change your selection to another e-Miles Sponsor, you may do so for one (1) of the following reasons.

1. You move fifty (50) miles or more from your current address.
2. There is a significant reduction or elimination in service to your city with your selected Sponsor.
3. Your selected Sponsor is no longer an e-Miles participating sponsor.
4. Other conditions could apply on a case-by-case basis, subject to e-Miles Member Agreement.
Good question. I was thinking the same thing.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 7:06 am

If you email them, they are pretty prompt with responses.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
I did - and here was the response, which was in fact quite prompt.

Dear Member,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the merger announcement between Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines. The U.S. Department of Transportation granted final approval for Delta and Northwest’s merger, creating the world’s largest airline. During the merging process, both airlines will continue to operate their sponsor programs independently and both carriers will remain part of the e-Miles program. Frequent flyer miles will continue to accumulate according to each airline’s existing policies; therefore, e-Miles will not change our process at this time. Delta and Northwest are working towards merging their sponsor programs by the end of 2009. During this process, e-Miles will work with the airline in creating a smooth transition.

Should you have any specific questions regarding your account(s) with Delta Air Lines and / or Northwest Airlines, please contact their customer service directly or visit their websites: www.delta.com or www.nwa.com.

If you have any additional questions regarding your e-Miles(R) membership, please contact member services at [email protected].
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
I did - and here was the response, which was in fact quite prompt.
Thanks FBG...did you specifically ask if you could switch your sponsor?

Their response is typical boiler-plate stuff, not really related to the reasons you, the member would want to switch airline sponsors as a merger-is-in-process.

Of course we can keep earning and depositing into NW, but the key point is many of us don't want to now, and will be switching our flying patterns because of this...
Old Nov 5, 2008, 5:29 pm

The e-Miles FAQs also state that you may cancel your membership at any time, and then re-enroll (presumably with another sponsor). Using this route, any accrued miles will be lost, so you may want to wait until you hit a reward threshhold.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:58 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
I did not directly ask to change sponsors; I asked if I would have to change over to DL because of the merger, as I would prefer CO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.