Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Prescription Drug Coupons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2008, 6:53 am
Original Poster

I never realized that there were coupons for prescription drugs

I was reading on the AARP site about InternetDrugCoupons.com. They claim it has more than 300 coupons for prescription drugs, non-prescription drugs and medicines for pets.

Happy hunting!
Old Oct 17, 2008, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
^ Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2008, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; United Silver
A recent Sunday Target ad had a $10 gift card coupon for a new or transferred prescription. When went to the Target pharmacy, there was a small sign by the cash register saying that they would not accept a coupon printed off the internet. I can't recall if the sign said there was fraud.

No problem using the coupon that I cut out of the Sunday newspaper

Rite Aid ads frequently include a coupon for a $30 gift card for a transferred prescription.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 11:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, lots of points, & timeshares I got for free. To talk travel deals, PM me!
Originally Posted by divine
Rite Aid ads frequently include a coupon for a $30 gift card for a transferred prescription.
When I was at Rite Aid today, they had a coupon booklet at the checkout register with four coupons, each good for $30 GC if you transfer a prescription to them. So, that's $120 if you have 4 meds that you take regularly. Coupon was good until 11/30/08.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:12 pm

I'd just like to point out that Costco/Sam's both have pharmacies and by law are required to allow non-members to use them. MUCH cheaper than the typical drugstores, even with the discounts.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KRSW
I'd just like to point out that Costco/Sam's both have pharmacies and by law are required to allow non-members to use them. MUCH cheaper than the typical drugstores, even with the discounts.

do they accept coupons from BJs' or WalMart?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 4:35 pm
In memoriam

IMHO Costco is a little cheaper, if you have insurance which gets you a discount. It is quite a bit cheaper if you do not have insurance discount. The Costco price listed on the webstie is not the discounted insurance price.

By the way, many weekends (although probably not for the next few weekends since I have observed they don' run the $30 coupons before the Holidays) the L.A. Times and other papers have $30 for transfered (sometimes, even new) prescriptions. Or, stop by the store and look at the handout flyer, it often has a $30 coupon.

I have found CVS to be the easiest to deal with, followed by Ralph's. They all, including Longs and Rite Aid, honor each other's coupons.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA
We've been unable to transfer certain prescriptions more than once, if at all.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 6:31 pm

Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2008, 6:37 pm

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
Walgreens, at least in South Florida is offering a $25 coupon for any transfered Rx. Just transfered a Rx that cost me $4.45 so not a bad exchange

Sam
Old Nov 12, 2008, 7:43 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
The following has a lot of useful information:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=829062

Look at the wiki post for Walgreens and Rite Aid pharmacy coupons that can be printed online.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:27 pm
In memoriam

There is a thirty dollar Ralphs coupon running the the L.A. Times today (Sunday, April 26, 2009). Might also be in the flyers you get at the store too--haven't checked.

Good for $30 on new or transferred prescriptions. This is better than the usual offer of transferred prescriptions only at $25.

By the way, I understand that with a little imagination it is possible to daisy chain transfers from say, Ralphs to CVS to Vons to Walgreens etc. and get $30 per transfer for many months. Not bad if you are paying $4 for a generic prescription. And, some stores (CVS) let you pay for a transfered prescription with a previously earned gift card making your prescriptions effectively free. Socialized medicine is here today! (at least for drugs).
Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Walgreens has been sending me $30 checks that are validated when you transfer. Surprisingly, WAG now often beats COSTCO generics. The coupons say only once per customer, but I have successfully done 3 transfers from COSTCO and validated $30 checks, less than a week apart, so their system doesn't catch the T&C well.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Apr 26, 2009 at 10:54 pm
Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:43 pm
In memoriam

The Walgreens checks are nice. However, I prefer the Walgreens gift cards you get from the coupon in their fliers (or sometimes can find online) because they don't have all be used at the same time as do the checks.

Problem with Walgreens is they don't have a liquor dept. and don't really have much I need (at least at vaguely competitive prices). I have been reduced to buying milk and eggs there to use up my gift cards.

By the way, under a new California law you can cash out any gift card with a balace of $10 or less. That helps, although many store employees have yet to hear about this change and assure you it can't be done.

I hear (although I haven't tried it yet) that Walmart will accept competitive prescription transfer coupons. That would be good. By the way, Walgreens apparently only takes its own coupons, CVS and RiteAid take 'em all; as do Ralphs and Vons.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
There is a thirty dollar Ralphs coupon running the the L.A. Times today (Sunday, April 26, 2009). Might also be in the flyers you get at the store too--haven't checked.

Good for $30 on new or transferred prescriptions.
I can't find it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.