FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   Erewards will not let me redeem for emiles again this year (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/836565-erewards-will-not-let-me-redeem-emiles-again-year.html)

Carolellen607 Jun 20, 08 5:11 am

Erewards will not let me redeem for emiles again this year
 
Has anyone tried to redeem a second time for emiles from the erewards program. The emiles reward clearly states every 90 days, So since 90 days has passed, i tried to redeem for another emiles reward. When I get to the last step, it will not let me proceed and states only one per calendar year. I sent an email to erewards two days ago but I still haven't heard anything.

Bangkok Dave Jun 20, 08 5:26 am


Originally Posted by Carolellen607 (Post 9910368)
Has anyone tried to redeem a second time for emiles from the erewards program. The emiles reward clearly states every 90 days, So since 90 days has passed, i tried to redeem for another emiles reward. When I get to the last step, it will not let me proceed and states only one per calendar year. I sent an email to erewards two days ago but I still haven't heard anything.

emiles and erewards are two completely different programs. emiles every 500 miles accrued, i think, you can redeem. erewards is once per calendar year.
Dave

Carolellen607 Jun 20, 08 2:38 pm

I think you misunderstood my post. I know that erewards and emiles are two different programs but on my erewards, I can redeem for emiles supposedly every 90 days. (not all ereward programs have the same rewards; depends on whom you signed up through). However, when I tried to redeem for emiles again after 90 days, I got a message that I had already redeemed this calendar year. I just got an email from erewards and they are looking into this glitch.

newK2 Jun 22, 08 10:29 am

confusion with 'e'
 
i think the confusion is the OP is using 'emiles' when she means 'miles' from erewards. I am having a similar problem. The T&C state the limit on frequency of redemption for each airline. My previous redemption for that airline falls outside the limit. yet, when I go to redeem it tells me I have had a redemption within the limiting period and am therefore ineligble! I haven't bothered to follow up because I have enough various airlines that I can use the miles on as to make it a minor annoyance... still it would be interesting to know if others have encountered this and if there is a workaround or if they contacted CS and got a fix.

thanks

Ritz Jun 23, 08 1:00 am


Originally Posted by Carolellen607 (Post 9913143)
... I can redeem for emiles supposedly every 90 days..

They're not "e"miles you're redeeming - they're just miles. The misunderstanding here is that there is a totally seperate (yet not unrelated) mileage redemption program called emiles.com

lin821 Jun 23, 08 6:11 am

It's correct that e-Miles and e-Rewards are two different programs.

Having said that, the last two posters didn't understand OP's inquiry and failed to address OP's question. There are indeed folks enrolled in e-Rewards via e-Miles invites hence restricted to e-Miles redemption in their e-Rewards accounts. I don't do e-Miles so I have no idea about their current redemption terms (quarterly or yearly) via e-Rewards.

For those who are still confused about e-Miles redemptions via e-Rewards, please acquaint yourselves with the following existing discussion thread (dig up more threads if you like. I know for sure there are more than one thread in SPAM on this topic already):

e-Rewards e-miles redemptions are now in stock

OP's taking the right move and email e-Rewards CSR. Not until OP hears from e-Rewards, I don't think we'll know if it's a system glitch or what. Or OP can jump in the above referenced thread. Folks in that thread should have a better idea on the most current terms and can share their recent redemption experiences.

Carolellen607 Jun 23, 08 7:26 am


Originally Posted by lin821 (Post 9923127)
It's correct that e-Miles and e-Rewards are two different programs.

Having said that, the last two posters didn't understand OP's inquiry and failed to address OP's question. There are indeed folks enrolled in e-Rewards via e-Miles invites hence restricted to e-Miles redemption in their e-Rewards accounts. I don't do e-Miles so I have no idea about their current redemption terms (quarterly or yearly) via e-Rewards.

For those who are still confused about e-Miles redemptions via e-Rewards, please acquaint yourselves with the following existing discussion thread (dig up more threads if you like. I know for sure there are more than one thread in SPAM on this topic already):

e-Rewards e-miles redemptions are now in stock

OP's taking the right move and email e-Rewards CSR. Not until OP hears from e-Rewards, I don't think we'll know if it's a system glitch or what. Or OP can jump in the above referenced thread. Folks in that thread should have a better idea on the most current terms and can share their recent redemption experiences.

Thanks lin821.
erewards CSR has told me that they are looking into this. I'll post when I hear back.

UCBeau Jun 24, 08 12:13 am

i just ran into the exact same situation the OP reports, will be interested to hear the results.

thelostshark Jun 25, 08 4:22 am

E-miles is not one of the redemption options listed for me in my e-rewards accounts. I guess it will only affect me if the double credit I'm supposed to get for evey $25 actually kicks in (which at the moment ....). tls

bob12403 Jun 25, 08 5:51 am

E-rewards to e-miles redemption problem
 
The OP is NOT confusing e-miles and FF miles.

IIRC, for those of us who have e-rewards accounts, and who joined via an invitation from e-miles, redeeming for e-miles became the only way for us to redeem for FF miles. We have to redeem e-rewards for e-miles, and then make an e-miles redemption for FF miles.

I too just tried to redeem $25 in e-rewards currency for 500 e-miles (after waiting 90 days from my last redemption of e-rewards currency for e-miles.) I also received the message that I can only redeem once per calendar year from the same sponsor.

The rules for the e-miles reward only state a restriction of one redemption per ninety days. I can find nothing in the member agreement that stipulates one redemption per sponsor per calendar year.

I have sent an email to member services, and will post results.

Update:
First response from e-rewards

Thank you for contacting e-Rewards. We are currently looking into this issue and will contact you as soon as we hear further. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Carolellen607 Jun 26, 08 4:44 am

Just got my second response from erewards on this issue, after I requested an update on the problem:

"Thank you for contacting e-Rewards. Our Technology Department is
currently in the process of resolving this. We will contact you as soon
as we hear further. Your patience is greatly appreciated."

Wow, how long should it take to correct this?

thelostshark Jun 26, 08 9:55 am

I tend to wait longer than most people I think. I find that the "wheels of justice" regarding point investigations grind slowly, and by waiting longer than I feel I should have to, I save myself time/aggravation. I'd probably wait 3-4 weeks from the 2nd email. tls

bob12403 Jun 28, 08 7:22 am

One per year warning gone, but still can't redeem
 
Still waiting on a definitive answer from e-rewards customer service, but I decided to try the redemption again just to see if anything had changed. Interestingly, the warning about one redemption per year has disappeared. Now when I try to redeem I get the following message:


Sorry, but you've already redeemed for a Reward from this partner during this redemption period. Please review the terms & conditions for this Reward.
Which now means the denial is totally without merit, as my last redemption was more than 90 days ago, and that's the only time limit in the T&C. Unless of course they are about to add a one-per-year limit to the terms...

Carolellen607 Jun 28, 08 8:33 am

I have a feeling that they are limiting it to one every quarter (maybe that is what they mean by 90 day period). If that is true we should be able to redeem on July 1st.

wsflyer Jun 29, 08 9:04 pm


Originally Posted by Carolellen607 (Post 9951978)
I have a feeling that they are limiting it to one every quarter (maybe that is what they mean by 90 day period). If that is true we should be able to redeem on July 1st.

No, that's not my experience. My first redemption was in 1st Q, and I tried again in the 2nd Q, more than 90 days after the first redemption. No luck--I also got the "we're looking into the situation" response.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.