FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   [CONGA]Ebates $10.00 Sign-up bonus is back (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/813297-conga-ebates-10-00-sign-up-bonus-back.html)

roadtripman Apr 15, 2008 5:45 pm

[CONGA]Ebates $10.00 Sign-up bonus is back

Ebates is a program that pays you CASH back on all online purchases. It's headache-free, the payments actually DO come, and it's a great little program.

Right now, you can get $10.00 absolutely free to start out with by joining through the link below. Simply sign up and $10.00 will be available in your account immediately (you are able to cash this out after your first purchase - even a $0.99 Itunes track will do).

Click here to join and get $10.00 immediately. All you'll need is an email and a password - no long drawn out sign up process. It literally takes 10 seconds, and you'll be $10 richer. You MUST sign up with my referral to recieve $10 cash. Signing up via the website (ie. Ebates.com) will only produce a $5 bonus.

OFFER ENDS APRIL 30, 2008

It would be a great time to start a Conga, though I'm not sure it will work. The $10.00 bonus offer under my "refer friends" page states that this offer is "targeted to specific referrers of Ebates" or something similar - the first person to sign up under me will know.

Once you sign up, go to "refer friends" and see if its just the regular $5 sign up, or if you can offer the $10 sign up.

If you can offer the $10, then its CONGA TIME.

essxjay Apr 15, 2008 5:51 pm

I'm happy to refer anyone who PMs me with their email addy. @:-)

roadtripman Apr 15, 2008 7:21 pm

to the person that signed up under me:

Please check whether or not you're able to offer a $10 signup bonus to continue the CONGA!

Justin Does... Apr 16, 2008 5:54 am

I am happy to refer anyone who PM's me as well. :)

lin821 Apr 16, 2008 6:04 am

To OP, back in January 2008, you'd started a conga on this ebates offer. I understand this offer has different expiration date. Instead of you starting a new thread, I think it's better to just bump up your original thread and add the new offer date. I believe our SPAM Forum will be less cluttered. :)

Here's your original thread: The Ebates $10 Sign Up Bonus is Back - CONGA time!

Originally Posted by roadtripman (Post 9578819)
Right now, you can get $10.00 absolutely free to start out with by joining through the link below. Simply sign up and $10.00 will be available in your account immediately (you are able to cash this out after your first purchase - even a $0.99 Itunes track will do).

That is not accurate.

This referral bonus may be posted to your account immediately, but you can't claim it. According to ebates's terms and conditions, members have to earn at least $5.01 in cashback rewards per quarter before they can "cash out" the cashbacks and bonuses. Meaning even you have more than $5 in your bonuses, you can't "claim" them until you've earned enough cashback from your actual purchases.

Terms and Conditions:

14. Money earned through the referral program will be paid along with regular cash back rewards. Continued payments of referral monies will be made at the sole discretion of Ebates. The referral program may be ended, percentages reduced or the program modified in any way, at any point, and without notice, though all accrued referral monies will be paid in full if and when this occurs.

15. Every three months Ebates sends to its members the Cash Back that they have earned, provided that the member has earned at least $5.01 in Cash Back Rewards. If the member has earned less than $5.01 Cash Back, Ebates will carry the member’s money over to the next check. Bonus Rewards do not count toward the $5.01 minimum. The term “Bonus Rewards” includes monies earned as a Sign-up Reward or Tell-A-Friend Bonus. Accrued Cash Back rewards will be dispersed to the Members on or around August 14th, November 15th, February 15th, or May 15th. In order for an accrued cash back reward to be eligible for payment on the above dates, the Qualified Purchase must occur 45 days prior to the payment date (by June 30th for a August 14th payment, September 30th for an November 14th payment, December 31st for a February 15th payment, March 31st for an May 15th payment). Note that orders from Dell Home Systems (Computers), Dell Home Systems Software and Peripherals, Dell Small Business, Dell Canada Home Systems, Dell Canada Software & Peripherals, Officemax, ShopNBC, Toshiba, Sears, Barnes & Noble.com, eLUXURY and Circuit City will post to accounts immediately. However, due to the 45 day return policies of these merchants, Cash Back rewards will become eligible to be paid out 75 days after purchases are posted to members' accounts. Qualified purchases from all other merchants which occur within the 45 day cutoff period will be paid on the payment date subsequent to the next payment date. For gift card bonuses, you must make a qualifying purchase within 30 days of sign up in order to qualify for the gift card. You must earn $3.00 or more in Cash Back before gift card is mailed to your address. Please allow up to six weeks after your qualifying purchase to receive your gift card. Gift cards have no cash value, can not be substituted and are non-replaceable. Ebates is not responsible for lost or damaged gift cards. Limit one gift card per household. Only individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico) or Canada are eligible to receive Gift Cards. All other users will be eligible to receive the $5.00 Cash Bonus.

BTW, I think one of the reasons your original thread didn't get as much traffic was a lot of folks, if not all, had already signed with ebates. There are not that many ebates "virgins" in FT to get the conga going after all. ;)

roadtripman Apr 16, 2008 6:24 am

Originally Posted by lin821 (Post 9581341)
To OP, back in January 2008, you'd started a conga on this ebates offer. I understand this offer has different expiration date. Instead of you starting a new thread, I think it's better to just bump up your original thread and add the new offer date. I believe our SPAM Forum will be less cluttered. :)

This Conga is different from the last, as the terms of this offer state the $10 is only offered from select referral accounts. So, I did not merge threads because the two offers were different and might not be able to follow the Conga from before. Add that to the fact that that Ebates thread had long since been buried.

That is not accurate.
I did not know this, so thanks for pointing it out. It's never affected me, as I've spent at least $1,000 via Ebates. I just assumed that you can cash out after your first purchase. Oh well.

According to [url=http://www.ebates.com/terms_conditions.html][B]ebates's terms and conditions

You sure spent some time doing research, didn't you? Nice.

BTW, I think one of the reasons your original thread didn't get as much traffic was a lot of folks, if not all, had already signed with ebates. There are not that many ebates "virgins" in FT to get the conga going after all. ;)
Meh, I got five sign ups since starting this thread, so it's served its purpose, and I'm sure those five people will enjoy the $10, while I will enjoy the $15.00 each I'll recieve in referral credit from them.

I hope others are able to refer people, too.

lin821 Apr 16, 2008 6:38 am

Originally Posted by roadtripman (Post 9581418)
I did not know this, so thanks for pointing it out. It's never affected me, as I've spent at least $1,000 via Ebates. I just assumed that you can cash out after your first purchase. Oh well.

You sure spent some time doing research, didn't you? Nice.

I think that's the responsibility of any poster who starts a conga to provide the most accurate info so referrals know what they agree to. Don't just assume and don't give out bad info either.

It's equally important for the referrals to conduct their own research before jumping in. (please see my own example of now discontinued Jellyfish conga). :)

roadtripman Apr 16, 2008 6:43 am

Originally Posted by lin821 (Post 9581466)
I think that's the responsibility of any poster who starts a conga to provide the most accurate info so referrals know when they agree to. It's equally important for the referrals to conduct their own research before jumping in. (please see my own example of now discontinued Jellyfish conga). :)

All I remember from signing up was that I had to make a first purchase in order for the $5 sign up to be released. I don't remember a cash-out minimum.

Anyways, let's let this thread fall into the great abyss of the archives now (as long as there is no one else out there that wants a free $10 bonus (disclaimer: AFTER SPENDING $5.00!!!!!).

All I know is that I'm $75.00 richer and happy about that. Thanks FT.

lin821 Apr 16, 2008 7:09 am

Originally Posted by roadtripman (Post 9581493)
Anyways, let's let this thread fall into the great abyss of the archives now (as long as there is no one else out there that wants a free $10 bonus (disclaimer: AFTER SPENDING $5.00!!!!!)...

Please don't take it personal. I am just pointing out some bad info. There's nothing wrong to get some extras from what you are going to do normally.

Your disclaimer is wrong again. The "at least $5.01 cashback" is not spending $5.00 thru ebates. It's "to earn at least $5.01 cashback from ebates merchants" in a given quarter. Let's say merchant A is offering 3% ebate cashbacks. It means you have to purchase no less than $167 ($167x 0.03= $5.01) from merchant A, otherwise your cashback won't meet the required threshold.

Not everyone is a big spender. Folks have to figure out the best shopping portals that meet their needs, either miles, points or cash-wise. The other conga on Mr. Rebates has a higher threshold ($25 or $30?) for cashout, which I know I am not going to make it so I don't shop thru them. Between ebates and Jellyfish, Jellyfish worked better for my shopping need last November. I ended up with a free Nikon and two free printers (MIRs, Paypal promo, and cashbacks).

Anyway, I am going way OT beyond ebates conga. I better stop now. :D

biotite Apr 16, 2008 3:32 pm

Has anyone received the $10 Target gift card for referring friends during the promo in March? It is said please allow up to 6 weeks to receive your Target Gift Card. Now it is over 6 weeks after my first referral, but I have not received mine.

roadtripman Apr 16, 2008 4:08 pm

I was promised a Best Buy gift card way back when, and I remember it took around 2-3 months for it to arrive. Don't worry too much - later research showed that they didn't even send it out until around 2 weeks before I recieved it. They take their sweet time, that's for sure, but you eventually get it.

Originally Posted by biotite (Post 9584685)
Has anyone received the $10 Target gift card for referring friends during the promo in March? It is said please allow up to 6 weeks to receive your Target Gift Card. Now it is over 6 weeks after my first referral, but I have not received mine.

roadtripman May 15, 2008 5:46 pm

It's May 15th - has anyone recieved their Ebates money?

Still nothing for me.

:(

nsr May 16, 2008 1:04 am

Got mine today (5/15). I still have the $10 referral promo running until June 30. If you are interested in joining ebates and receiving $10 bonus instead of $5, PM me, and I'll send you a link.

nsr May 25, 2008 12:44 am

you can also use this link

http://www.ebates.com/referral/0508b...%2BXbs4g%3D%3D

if you are interested in the $10 instead of the $5. It's good until June 30.

imverge May 25, 2008 5:08 am

Originally Posted by nsr (Post 9774887)
you can also use this link

http://www.ebates.com/referral/0508b...;2BXbs4g%3D%3D

if you are interested in the $10 instead of the $5. It's good until June 30.

I'm next:

http://www.ebates.com/referral/0508b...pt7CTztQ%3D%3D