Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Free Road Maps of USA and Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Road Maps of USA and Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Madhouse24
I mostly agree with this ^ but with a roadmap you can find various alternative routes when traffic has come to a snarl...or there's an accident.....
Thats exactly it. A GPS just can't deal with road works or diversions, while a map really gives you a feel for the place. ^
Old Jul 27, 2008, 9:30 am

my nova scotia map came in, im thinking on getting a gps for this trip, any suggestion on best, reliable brand/model?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:16 pm

i think Ill hold off on the gps, Ill use my maps to guide me!
Old Aug 26, 2008, 6:57 pm

ah, found this great post! im going to bookmark it! ordering up some maps for a fall getaway! cheers!^
Old Oct 12, 2008, 6:19 am

i had a great road trip! This is a great site! Im going to use it for my next trip!

Planning to fly out to western canada, rent a car and explore the rockys and then fly back!

all the best
Old Oct 12, 2008, 9:17 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by spartacus
Between the hotel discounts and free maps and tourbooks, AAA is not a bad deal. Throw in the rare flat tire in the rain when I don't want to get soaking wet and the annual fee is worth it. But not free so kind of off the subject of OP. But you did ask for a way around...
AAA doesn't provide much beyond what you get with most insurance policies--which provide free road service as part of the policy hidden away in the small print. Plus, when I have really needed triple A service, they have not come through because they were overloaded--think snowstorm in Chicago.

And, they take your money and lobby like crazy for more and more and more roads--which is not a solution to our problems.

Their maps are excellent.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 7:13 pm

[quote}

Their maps are excellent.[/QUOTE]

I don't find their maps excellent. They usually are smaller and show less cities and towns than a provincial or state map would show. Just my opinion!

all the best
Old Nov 7, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
bruiserbob, you seem crazy about these maps. What has gotten a hold of you.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 7:27 pm

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Originally Posted by spartacus
Between the hotel discounts and free maps and tourbooks, AAA is not a bad deal. Throw in the rare flat tire in the rain when I don't want to get soaking wet and the annual fee is worth it. But not free so kind of off the subject of OP. But you did ask for a way around...
My AAA membership pays for itself every year. I usually take advantage of the free tows at least once a year.

I'd rather pay for the yearly fee every year than pay for the hook fee and the per mileage charges each time I need a tow, since I usually have my car towed to my regular mechanic (he loves me...lol).
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:22 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jeeves
bruiserbob, you seem crazy about these maps. What has gotten a hold of you.
maybe i was a cartographer in a previous life
Old Nov 28, 2008, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by wsucougarchick05
My AAA membership pays for itself every year. I usually take advantage of the free tows at least once a year.

I'd rather pay for the yearly fee every year than pay for the hook fee and the per mileage charges each time I need a tow, since I usually have my car towed to my regular mechanic (he loves me...lol).

I just got CAA last month and just had to use it , My old 95 grand am battery died and i bought a new one. Its my 3rd battery
Old Mar 1, 2009, 8:30 am

this site is still up, just came back to advise that the free maps are still available!

I didn't bookmark the link but now i have it! just planning out my summer vacation now!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 5:54 am

does any one know where to find a full North American map?

Just asking
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks, Ill order some on my next US or CAN trip
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by bruiserbob
does any one know where to find a full North American map?

Just asking
still looking for a NA map for free, any findings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.