Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Memolink Trivia Gone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Memolink Trivia Gone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, AA,JB,DL,US,CO
Memolink Trivia Gone?

Hi,
I'm a memolink guy, (yes, it has a terrible point-reward conversion, but for the emails, and 2 minutes I spend clicking, I'll deal), and I went to the website today, and there was no Trivia link on the left side.
Is the daily 5 point trivia gone for good?

Noarbitrage
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
I guess you didn't notice the big yellow message at the top of the page when you log in?
Originally Posted by Memolink
Important Update: The Lotto and Trivia links have moved! Check the bottom, right-side navigation bar under the heading More At Memolink to play lotto and answer trivia questions.
It's still there, just buried on the right side instead of the left.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, AA,JB,DL,US,CO
I see it's still there

Ok - that was not there when I logged on this morning, but when I checked it now - I saw the yellow box.

Moving it is very sneaky. Anybody think they're trying to reduce attachment to the 5 point daily trivia?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 4:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I didn't notice it on Wednesday, and never saw the update. However, I did find it yesterday.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 3:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver Medallion, SPG, Marriott Rewards, JetBlue
funny seeing you here noarbitrage ;-)

yeah, I noticed the same thing & when I got back to the site later in the day got the big yellow message about it being moved to the lower right side. I definitely think they're trying to phase it out.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:50 am

is there a good website to get the daily answers?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by vloglady
is there a good website to get the daily answers?
My experience, with Mr. Kipper and I both having accounts, is that the question each person receives is not the same question.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:23 am

Here's my trick, that works 90% of the time (and admittedly, it's almost ridiculous to waste this much effort just for 5 memolink points...)

Open a tab in your browser and go to google. Type in two quotation marks in the search field and put the cursor in the middle of them, like so: "|" Go back to trivia, once it starts, select a portion of the question, usually most of it, press ctrl-c to copy the text, switch to google, put cursor in between the quotation markst, ctrl-v to paste, click enter, get your answer (95% of the time it shows up immediately because people have posted memolink trivia answers online) then return to the trivia tab and collect your 5 points. Congratulations, you've wasted 2 minutes to get half a cent's worth of points!

However, I will say even though Memolink sucks for conversion, they impressed me by lowering the points required to redeem. And they added PayPal as a redemption for everyone. This is not what we're used to seeing from these types of sites. I get about $50 a year from Memolink, $75 a year from MyPoints, $30 a year from Swagbucks and $15 a year from a few others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.