Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

The annual tax software discounts thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The annual tax software discounts thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by rove312
Southwest Airlines 1000 Rapid Rewards points for getting TurboTax through their portal. That's $16.67 towards a Wanna Get Away points booking booked by March 30, $14.28 afterwards. They charge $29.99 for Deluxe federal.
Mine was also 1k but Boraxo Jr got an offer for 1500 points.

However this is a nonstarter for me as it is Only for online version not download.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by CPRich
All of their cloud-based products have state extras. The CD/download versions all have state included.
The CD/download versions (that specify it, some specify federal only) have state TAX FORMS included, but not state e-file.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Originally Posted by PDILLM
Office depot is offering a $5 gift card for H&R Block software Deluxe and higher. Tax software is $34.99

TurboTax is $49.99 and includes free Quicken starter edition (after rebate)

Good 1/26/2014-02/01/2014

Best deal I've seen so far on the H&R Block software, but not good enough for me to buy it yet......
Same deal this week. I've never seen retailers like Best Buy and Target sit out this long........
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by PDILLM
Same deal this week. I've never seen retailers like Best Buy and Target sit out this long........
I just forked over $49 for TT Fed+State from Best Buy. $10 off regular price. Used some BB Rewards certificates to get another $10 off.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
H&R Block Deluxe and State

H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2013

I think this is good as it's going to get this year.

http://www.amazon.com/Block-Software...luxe+%2B+state
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:26 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by edsh
H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2013

I think this is good as it's going to get this year.

http://www.amazon.com/Block-Software...luxe+%2B+state
Expires at midnight tonight.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
H&R Block Deluxe and State

Groupon Deal for $21.99 today only.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-hr-b...e-tax-software
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:32 pm

Fidelity Discount Offer

I did not notice this on the thread:

Up to $20 off on TurboTax via the Fidelity website. Open to Fido customers and non-customers alike.

Deluxe = $19.99
Premier = $34.99
State additional
Free efile
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
online only

Originally Posted by Comicwoman
I did not notice this on the thread:

Up to $20 off on TurboTax via the Fidelity website. Open to Fido customers and non-customers alike.

Deluxe = $19.99
Premier = $34.99
State additional
Free efile
I think this is for turbotax ONLINE only
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like it's time to revive our annual tax discount thread for 2015!

Note for some the bad new from TurboTax: Anyone filing a 1040 schedule C, D or E will be required to upgrade from Deluxe to Premier. See WSJ link (subscription required):

http://blogs.wsj.com/totalreturn/201...ions_yourmoney

On the plus side, H&R Block is apparently using this as a promotional tool:

The reaction against this year’s change has been intense: H&R Block, which offers both online and software products that taxpayers used to prepare about seven million returns last year, is offering a free download of its tax-prep software to people who have already purchased TurboTax software for 2014. Taxpayers can email [email protected] and include proof of purchase of TurboTax 2014 software.

Updating:

Amazon Prime offer:

TurboTax Deluxe: $49.97
TurboTax Premier: $74.99

Costco Online offer:

TurboTax Deluxe + state: $39.99
TurboTax Premier + state: $54.99

Vanguard customer offer
:

TurboTax Premier: $24.99+36.99 state (online only)
TurboTax Premier: $39.99+36.99 state (online only)

Last edited by Boraxo; Jan 16, 2015 at 10:17 am
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: Southwest is offering 1000 points for purchasing TurboTax Online through its online shopping mall:

Dear Boraxo,
For a limited time only, Southwest Airlines® and TurboTax have teamed up to bring you a special offer. Earn Rapid Rewards® bonus points for filing your 2014 federal taxes with TurboTax Online. File your 2014 tax return with any qualifying TurboTax Online Federal product1 by April 15, 2015 and earn 1,000 bonus points. Get your maximum refund, guaranteed2, and Rapid Rewards bonus points too!

To take advantage of this special offer, simply follow these steps:

Step 1: Click here or on the "Start now" button below, which will take you to Rapid Rewards Shopping®.

Step 2: Log in to Rapid Rewards Shopping with your Rapid Rewards account information and click on the TurboTax offer.

Step 3: File your federal tax return with TurboTax Online by April 15, 2015.

It's never been a better time to choose TurboTax. Get your maximum refund, guaranteed. Complete your tax return today and get 1,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points

Also note that Intuit has now backed off its mistake with respect to the upcharge for Deluxe -> Premier and is now offering rebates if you buy Premier.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
To me sticking with TurboTax this year is really questionable regardless of Southwest points. Anybody with Schedule C, D, E, F or K-1s is almost forced into Premier. Which may have a rebate this year, but next year you're going to looking at the full bore.

Better to bail out now while Intuit hasn't done anything to eliminate file compatibility with other software. You know that's coming next.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: most of them
Intuit's price gouging and greed definitely has me looking at the alternatives.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by bobunf
To me sticking with TurboTax this year is really questionable regardless of Southwest points. Anybody with Schedule C, D, E, F or K-1s is almost forced into Premier. Which may have a rebate this year, but next year you're going to looking at the full bore.

Better to bail out now while Intuit hasn't done anything to eliminate file compatibility with other software. You know that's coming next.
Nonsense. I've bought Premier (+state) for the better part of a decade now and it has always been $50-55. Just look for the Sams Club, Walmart, Costco, and Amazon offers.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
I just bought H&R Deluxe for $19.99 at Office Max using Ink and the UR portal - 180 UR points. Not as good as a 1,000 points, but a whole lot better than paying $60 for Intuit's Premier or even more for Home and Business. Amazon's current prices are $75 and $85 respectively

And I really worry that next year Intuit will have it fixed so that you can't import prior year's data to a different tax program.

H&R downloaded Software and imported 2013 data with zero problems.

Let's see: $20 and 180 UR points, vs $75 or $85 and 1,000 points. Not a tough choice. And it may be the last year I'll have that choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.