Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

The annual tax software discounts thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The annual tax software discounts thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by PG
If you don't mind filling in rebates you may be able to get the software for free. The key is to buy free after rebate software and use a store coupon. I've done this successfully for many years at Staples where they offered free after rebate software with the purchase of tax software. This year Staples does not have the free after rebate software with tax software purchase, but Office Depot does. Office Depot discount coupons are not valid for software, but I've heard that they will honor competitor coupons which do not have such restrictions.

For certain versions of Taxcut purchased at select retailers (not all retailers qualify) there also is a $10 rebate:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachm...8&d=1262487680
I got mine for free after gong through a few loops. There was a thread on slickdeals for free turbotax home edition, and it did take me a few hours to get everything set up, but in the end it was worth it. Payed a total of 21 bucks to send it state taxes

Last edited by samsong; Aug 4, 2010 at 4:04 pm
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:55 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

2010 Tax-Year Deals

Office Depot is offering H&R Block (TaxCut) At Home Deluxe Federal (no State) for $34.99 with a $15 gift card rebate in its Dec. 26 circular for Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Offer is valid through 1/1/11.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Target is giving out $10 gift cards at purchase when buying h&r Block At home Deluxe.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:02 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Thanks for the Target tip.

It was only selling the Fed+State version, which I didn't need. I was able to use its $10 web coupon (Click "Electronics") at Staples for the Fed-only.

The clerk mistakenly applied the $10 coupon to the Staples current price ($29.99) so I ended up getting it for $19.99, so I saved an extra $5.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I'll take the $$ off coupon at Costco for Turbo Tax any year. Starts on 1/6/11.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
For TurboTax Premier, Amazon is just about as good as Costco (even with the $10 coupon).
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:33 pm

Turbotax - Amazon

TurboTax Business is cheapest at Amazon when compared to any other website. To top it, there is no taxes or shipping charges (prime member) or you can always download it.

Good luck with the tax season!!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
TT Home & Business version is $75, after coupon, at Costco which matches Amazon. Plus, with a CD in hand, I believe you can load it on two machines.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just looked at Amazon because I also want to update Quicken.

For both Quicken Premier + Turbo Tax Premier + state, it comes to $110 after a $25 rebate.

Costco is selling Quicken Premier for $59.99 and I'm not sure about TT Premier + State, but I seem to recall it being around $70 last year.

I'm probably going to order both from Amazon.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
This is not a service I have used, but found on SD thanks to inthepros and has various options from free to $11.90.
$11.90 for TAXACT 2010 Online E-filing for BOTH STATE AND FEDERAL TAx
(Note that the landing page says $17.95, but after you log in by creating an account it says $11.90). You only pay when you use the account to file.
https://www.taxactonline.com/s_onlin...sc=07103051103

They have a free version for federal tax form and e-filing (on-line, download, or CD-ROM):
http://www.taxact.com/taxes-online/free-online-tax.asp

This year tax filing deadline is April 18 due to the Friday the 15th Washington, DC holiday. Supposedly the IRS will issue all the new rules for filing on Jan. 10, 2011...so maybe wait to download after that date.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by philemer
I'll take the $$ off coupon at Costco for Turbo Tax any year. Starts on 1/6/11.
And u can order it online with free delivery.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by elitefreak
I need to return the box I finally bought so I can use the coupon
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Keep in mind that often the prices online and in a warehouse aren't the same. Online is more expensive, particularly if they're including "free" shipping.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
H&R Block At Home $10 rebate

For those who automatically receive a copy of H&R Block At Home in the mail, don't forget that inside is a $10 rebate form if you decide to buy the Deluxe version at Target, Best Buy, Office Depot, Fry's or MicroCenter. It will NOT work with other retailers, though.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
This year tax filing deadline is April 18 due to the Friday the 15th Washington, DC holiday. Supposedly the IRS will issue all the new rules for filing on Jan. 10, 2011...so maybe wait to download after that date.
What new rules are you talking about? The April 18 deadline has been known for many months. You can't e-file until January 14, 2011, so you might as well wait to download the latest update until at least then. And if you file Schedule A, the IRS has delayed e-file until mid-to-late February 2011.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.