Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Old Aug 17, 2004, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Restaurant.com 40% off code

Here is the code (83500) for 40% off at www.restaurant.com Sorry for omitting the code in my original try.

Last edited by sactoroy; Aug 17, 2004 at 1:58 pm
Old Aug 17, 2004, 1:56 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Question

Thanks ^^

Last edited by jfe; Aug 17, 2004 at 2:59 pm
Old Aug 17, 2004, 2:53 pm
Original Member

I haven't visited restaurant.com in about a year. I am shocked to see the amount of restrictions that they now put on the "gift certificates" (I use that term very loosely). One of my favorite places that I had used a number of $25 certificates on last year now has additional restrictions of:

- $50 minimum food purchase (other places are now up to $35)
- only valid for dinner
- not valid Fri/Sat
- 18% gratuity added before discount

on top of the restriction that requires the $$$ to be applied only to the food purchase.

Whereas you used to be able to save over 60% on your *total* bill, savings are now in the 20-30% range. Not bad, but hardly spectacular, since Diners Club and others will give you 20% cash back on your total bill (including alcohol and tip) at hundreds of restaurants anyway...
Old Aug 19, 2004, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
40% off at Restaurant.com

BUY $25 DINING CERTIFICATES FOR AS LITTLE AS $3!

Don't wait - Our most popular restaurants will sell out fast.

Save an additional 40% on your next purchase.
Here's how:

1. Go to Restaurant.com

2. Enter this code number on our home page: 83500

3. Get your Dining Certificates and check out. Your discount will be applied automatically.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 2:00 pm
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
I am merging the two Restaurant.com 40% off threads.

Enjoy
Old Aug 19, 2004, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Just purchased two $25 Chicago for Ribs certificates in the LA area for a total of $12.00 before discount. After discount, it was a little of $7.00.

My first time purchasing from this site. Will see how it pans out once I attempt to use them at the restaurant.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
BUY $25 DINING CERTIFICATES FOR AS LITTLE AS $3!
Am I missing something? How does $10-40% = $3?

Restaurant.com had a wonderful promo 4-5 months ago for 70% off purchases - I took advantage of it purchasing about 60 certs to use all year. Now I will wait to see if the 70% will ever repeat itself.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I believe restaurant.com is basing their math on 40% off on $5 certs.
Apparently that base rate is still holding.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Cool. Didn't much care for the restaurant list but there was one I liked. I bought 2 $25 certs for $5 each minus 40%.

Totally amazing.

Sweet!
Old Aug 21, 2004, 4:36 pm

Amazing offer!

This seems TOO GOOD to be true! I bought a $25 gift certificate at a great local restaurant for a final cost of $3! How can this be? I hope there won't be any nasty surprises when we try to use the cert.

If anyone has actually gone to a restaurant and used the cert, would appreciate your feedback.

P.S. Be careful on the checkout at retaurant.com. I almost clicked "yes" for a $9.95 monthly charge to my credit card for some home care thingee.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
If anyone has actually gone to a restaurant and used the cert, would appreciate your feedback.
Sure, I do it all the time. Never had a problem or a "look twice" by a waiter or owner. This last time, at a family-owned Indian place, the waitress asked me to write down my name and phone number in case the cert could not be verified or something. <shrug> No biggie.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've never had a problem either.

One joint even has a register key dedicated to deducting the 50% food discount - I was impressed! I am a bit nervous that said establishment is not currently listed for certs, but perhaps they've sold out their allotment? I have two certs left with them from July; as of this afternoon they have no disclaimer posted outside their door.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 9:39 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
They've sold over 1.4 million certs on eBay.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISA...restaurant.com

I think you can say that a significant majority of the people are happy with the results. You might want to advise the server that you're going to use that before ordering, just to make sure there isn't going to be a problem later. If you do have a problem, you can contact restaurant.com and they should be able to take care of it for you.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 11:37 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
It works

This seems TOO GOOD to be true! I bought a $25 gift certificate at a great local restaurant for a final cost of $3! How can this be? I hope there won't be any nasty surprises when we try to use the cert.
I have used these coupons many times (though there is a very limited number of restaurants in our neighborhood on the list - and the number is dropping daily).

I have had no problems using them. And at least at two of the restaurants where I have used them both (both Indian) - I have got to believe that most of the people going to these restaurants are using some sort of discount program (e.g., both are in the Entertainment two for one book).

And even if there is a problem you aren't out that much money.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 6:24 pm

Thumbs up WOW! It really works!!

We used the $25 gift certificate ( paid $3 for it) with no problem. It worked so well that I bought several more certificates for 3 great restaurants in our area. Thank you again , Flyertalk. The information I get on these boards is fantastico.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.