Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Points for searches

Points for searches

Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Points for searches

I am a big fan of services that rewards points for searches. In the past all major airlines had toolbars.

Hawaiian airlines was my favorite. For a long time you could make up to 5,000 miles per months. Over the years I was able to racked up over 100,000 miles total just with searches. United & co had their own but less generous toolbars which got all shut down.

I know that the search game is a slow game, but it can add up. You need patients.

Here are the ones I currently am aware of:

Does anyone know any good sites that earn miles & points with searches? Which ones have good search results? Which ones are painful/interruptive (e.g. have capatchas).
          Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:21 pm

Wow. In each of these, your compensation is less than a half cent per search. You would have to be certified looney to waste your time on this..........which is why you correctly stated that you need "patients" for this.
          Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:37 pm

Don't be rude

Steve, there's no reason to be obnoxious. If you aren't interested in the poster's topic, just move on. There are a lot of people who do all sorts of things to add to their money / miles/ points piles and I don't know of any of the gigs that reward spectacularly, but indeed if you are patient they eventually add up. Besides, for search activities you are going to be searching anyway so why not go through a site that will reward you for it?

ff.volker, sorry but I don't know of any other sites that reward for searches. I have only been going through MyPoints and Swagbucks.
          Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:05 pm
          Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
          I don't really go out of my way to make extra searches, but I did set my default search engine to bing, so I've gotten a bunch of rewards for doing searches I'd do anyway. It seems that Skype credit is one of the higher $/point value redemptions.
          Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:16 pm
          Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
          Wow. In each of these, your compensation is less than a half cent per search. You would have to be certified looney to waste your time on this..........which is why you correctly stated that you need "patients" for this.
          Good for you. Not everyone sits in front of a screen and searches just to get points but by using it. If you use Bing anyway you can easily make $5/months by not doing anything but logging in once. And who says that anyone is doing all of them?

Some people were really happy just by buying $1 coins that were immediately deposited at their bank. Others like to buy & resell just for points. Then there are the people which like mileage runs just for their own small benefit. So please stop lecturing anyone here about their way to earn points and miles just because you don't value it. I was happy just doing my thing that earned me over 100,000 Hawaiian miles and no, it was definitely not the boring way you describe.

Last edited by ff.volker; Nov 23, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.