Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Mypoints and PeoplePC

Mypoints and PeoplePC

Old Jan 16, 2007, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, OnePass, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
Mypoints and PeoplePC

Has anyone taken part in this offer from Mypoints? I feel like I get emails to join PeoplePC monthly. Finally saw that the offer is for 5,000 points. Anyone know how long you need to keep it to get the points? If its only 4.97/mo for 3 months, I think the $15 for 5,000 points and then transfer straight to Hilton is a good deal. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 2:00 pm

Good luck getting PeoplePC to give you anything. I've been fighting with them for 6+ months for the 8000 Hilton Honors points promo (see the sticky). I finally just canceled my service since I did it just for the miles anyway. Definitely not worth the money and hassle. PeoplePC's only customer service is based in India and it's the worst Indian call center I've ever dealt with. All the agents tell you that they need to transfer you and the transferring will go on indefinitely. Most of my calls are answered after 15+ minutes but two of my phone calls were 1hr+. I get angry with myself that I wasted so much time!
Old Jan 16, 2007, 2:32 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
I don't see what the huge problem is? When you sign up with PeoplePC you should get a confirmation email from them (and a clickthru on your MyPoints Account Statement). They 5,000 points wont post and then after 30 days send an email to Customer Care with a copy of your confirmation email. I did this a few months ago and the points credit no problem.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 4:45 pm

Programs: WN DL UA AA CO US FL BA, PC Plat
I signed up for this offer earlier last year. After more 30 days passed, no bonus points posted, so I emailed MyPoints, and eventually sent them an attachment of my PeoplePC invoice. Their response?

"We have received your request to close your MyPoints account however we are having difficulty locating the account."

Eventually I got the 5000 points but it wasn't worth the hassle of 5-6 emails back and forth.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, OnePass, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
How long until you cancelled PeoplePC?

Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
I don't see what the huge problem is? When you sign up with PeoplePC you should get a confirmation email from them (and a clickthru on your MyPoints Account Statement). They 5,000 points wont post and then after 30 days send an email to Customer Care with a copy of your confirmation email. I did this a few months ago and the points credit no problem.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:24 am

No problem here

I singed up only for the point's.

After 2-3 weeks I had a clickthru and 5,000 points pending for 1 month. The only hassle I had was to cancel. mins before they answered the 8 minsutes to get it cancelled as the 1 sr I dealt with people me on hold constiently after he asked me another ?.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 2:04 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
I waited 29 days. I was going to quit the day the points showed as pending, but since they never showed up, I quit before I was charged a second month.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
I waited 29 days. I was going to quit the day the points showed as pending, but since they never showed up, I quit before I was charged a second month.
So there is no minimum commitment other than the first month? I couldn't find any information in the T&C.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by rc408
So there is no minimum commitment other than the first month? I couldn't find any information in the T&C.
I don not believe so. But I would just stay long enough for the pending to end. I am 99.9% sure I had the points in hand after 45-50 days. So you could get the points for $9.94 (2@ 4.97) and cancel. Which be itself would be a $20.06 profit if you get giftcards as 4500 points will usually get $30 in cards
Old Jan 19, 2007, 5:23 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG
my experience

I signed up on 12/10. Charge showed up on my CC on 12/11 & 1/12. No points posted. Emailed mypoints and they responded with 24 hours saying that they needed a copy of my email confirmation with People PC. I could not find it anywhere....thought it had been deleted. In desperation I visited PeoplePC.com and logged into my account. The invoice was there! I emailed it to mypoints yesterday and this morning I have a response that my 5000 points will be posted within 5 days! All is good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.