Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

E-miles [Master Thread]

Old May 28, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
For those of you with odd amounts, you can get a Starbucks e-gift-voucher: $5 for 400 e-miles or $10 for 600 e-miles.
Myself, I just cashed out 1000 for UA miles, so I have a measly 75 e-miles left. I was about to quit & kiss 'em goodbye anyway !
Old May 29, 2018, 2:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
I think I'm stuck with about 100. I sacked e-miles off a while back anyway and only ever logged in once a month or so.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
For those of you with odd amounts, you can get a Starbucks e-gift-voucher: $5 for 400 e-miles or $10 for 600 e-miles.
Myself, I just cashed out 1000 for UA miles, so I have a measly 75 e-miles left. I was about to quit & kiss 'em goodbye anyway !
Thanks for sharing but I dont use Starbuck hence it is not worth it to spend $5 for 500 UA miles when my current balance is 341.
But you give me an idea to go thru the junks eMiles still offer to sell and see if I could find a solution, not hopeful though.

Update
Just received the email now. It seems if you have an eReward account with the same email address, the balance of the eMile would automatically transfer to your eReward account at the conversion rate of 0.05 per mile. So not all is lost if one cannot find a purchase to free the orphan miles.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by Happy; May 29, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Old May 31, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
I'm torn between initiating a transfer to redeem some of my e-miles or just letting them all convert over to e-rewards. My concern is that the e-miles points/miles redemptions I'm considering are indicated with "Takes 45 days".
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:24 am

I just redeemed for Hilton points to keep a Hilton account active. E-miles gives conflicting info on how long it will take for the point to post to Hilton. On the redeem page, it says 45 days. If I click on the Hilton option and then click on its Details link, it says "Please allow 8-10 weeks from eMiles redemption submission for Honors points to post to your Hilton Honors account."

Will it really take so long to post, either 45 days or 8-10 weeks? I've redeemed for hilton points on e-rewards before, and I know the points were posted instantly. Does anyone have recent experience with redeeming for Hilton points on E-Miles and can say how long it took to post? My most recent Hilton points activity was 19 Jul 2017 so I need to get something posted in the next 45 days or so.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:32 am

Also, I'd like to redeem for United miles to someone else's United account. Would there be any issue to do so? Does the name on my E-Miles account need to match with the name on the other person's United account? I know I could easily change the name in my E-Miles account settings, but I'm just wondering if this is really necessary and if I need to make any other changes like to the zip code.

There is also a discrepancy between how long it would take for miles to post to United on their redeem page (5 days) vs what's stated in the details of the United redemption option ("Please allow six to eight weeks after completed qualifying activity for bonus miles to be posted to your MileagePlus account."). Does anyone know if it's really 5 days or 6-8 weeks to post?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Happy
So I signed up under United long time ago and still have 341 left there. The only option for me to transfer is to UA., no eRewards offered.

I have not received eMile emails the past several months, but I am able to log in just fine after learning about the news. Still there is no way to get the bal up to 500 before June 15, so it is RIP for me.
I wouldn't give up so quickly on hitting 500 before June 15. I was in the same boat as you, but only had about 120 points in my account. So I worked the surveys May 26-29, answering for about an hour each night before going to bed. Got 387 points in those 4 days and cleaned out the account. And if you can get lucky enough to complete just one of the 100+ point surveys you're good as gold.

I won't miss e-miles very much, as the program really went downhill towards the end. But the fact that their IHG rewards qualified as elite points, unlike e-rewards, was a helpful feature.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Thanks for sharing but I dont use Starbuck hence it is not worth it to spend $5 for 500 UA miles when my current balance is 341.
But you give me an idea to go thru the junks eMiles still offer to sell and see if I could find a solution, not hopeful though.

Update
Just received the email now. It seems if you have an eReward account with the same email address, the balance of the eMile would automatically transfer to your eReward account at the conversion rate of 0.05 per mile. So not all is lost if one cannot find a purchase to free the orphan miles.
I second this as well. I stopped using Emiles once the redesing was done. Had about 401 miles and just like you, I signed up under UA. I couldn't find any 400 miles redemption, so I did a few surveys yesterdays, and in about 30 minutes I had 517 miles in my account. I immediately cashed them in to 500 UA miles. If I have time over the weekend. I'll see if I can up my 17 miles again to 500 and get another redemption as well. Good luck, it is still possible to do this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Any other non-US accounts having trouble logging in, either from US or via US based VPN?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bob12403
I wouldn't give up so quickly on hitting 500 before June 15. I was in the same boat as you, but only had about 120 points in my account. So I worked the surveys May 26-29, answering for about an hour each night before going to bed. Got 387 points in those 4 days and cleaned out the account. And if you can get lucky enough to complete just one of the 100+ point surveys you're good as gold.

I won't miss e-miles very much, as the program really went downhill towards the end. But the fact that their IHG rewards qualified as elite points, unlike e-rewards, was a helpful feature.
Originally Posted by arollins
I second this as well. I stopped using Emiles once the redesing was done. Had about 401 miles and just like you, I signed up under UA. I couldn't find any 400 miles redemption, so I did a few surveys yesterdays, and in about 30 minutes I had 517 miles in my account. I immediately cashed them in to 500 UA miles. If I have time over the weekend. I'll see if I can up my 17 miles again to 500 and get another redemption as well. Good luck, it is still possible to do this.
Thanks guys for the positive DPs.

Will try my best to get up to 500 in the next few days. Wish me luck.

Update - just logged in and there are only 3 things left on the site! Looks to me they have taken down almost everything already.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 1, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Update - just logged in and there are only 3 things left on the site! Looks to me they have taken down almost everything already.
I confirm as well, only 3 things available, and all surveys have been removed, guess the shutdown is starting.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:57 am
formerly chrisbarnett01

Totally dead now. No offers available except the test offer that grants zero points.

I have 320 e-miles so I guess I will have an extra $16 in e-rewards shortly.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
How long does it take to redeem gift card in reality? If the gift card is still pending when it shut down, will I lose it? I don't plan on opening an e-reward account.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:53 am

Can someone answer how long it takes to get the Amazon gc? I requested on 6/7 and says 5 days, but nothing yet. I requested Starbucks gc at the same time, and I think it also said 5 days, and it was available yesterday.

UPDATE: Got it today 6/14, so it took 7 days.

Last edited by pakle; Jun 14, 2018 at 9:43 pm
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
E-miles had told those of us who have e-Rewards accounts that "on June 29, 2018, your eMiles will be converted into e-Rewards Currency." However, June 29 has come and gone and it hasn't happened yet.

But I received another e-mail (dated June 29) from them. This one says: "
You’ll now receive any owed eMiles Points in your e-Rewards account by July 13, 2018. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we focus on completing the conversion to your satisfaction."
Brendan likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.