Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
Originally Posted by decibel08
anyone try the video professor thing for 500 miles ? claims free cancellation within 10 days and full refund of even the $6.95 shipping cost - but if you don't cancel within 10 days they go ahead and bill your CC for $399 !! seems like a big dollar amount to risk.

any experiences ?
Careful. Video professor is famous for being virtually un-cancellable.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Since signing up with e-miles about 2 weeks ago, I've been getting 1-3 offers per day. Already hit about 600 e-miles and requested my first 500 point redemption... which will give me 1,000 HHonors points. We'll see how long it takes to post.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by rajuabju
Since signing up with e-miles about 2 weeks ago, I've been getting 1-3 offers per day. Already hit about 600 e-miles and requested my first 500 point redemption... which will give me 1,000 HHonors points. We'll see how long it takes to post.
If my experience with them is at all typical, when I signed up I received quite a few offers and was able to claim my 1000 HH points fairly quickly. Since then it virtually stopped and the last three emails I've received saying I had offers either didn't have anything at all available, or they were only offers for points if you paid for the product, not just for looking at it.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by bj2757
If my experience with them is at all typical, when I signed up I received quite a few offers and was able to claim my 1000 HH points fairly quickly. Since then it virtually stopped and the last three emails I've received saying I had offers either didn't have anything at all available, or they were only offers for points if you paid for the product, not just for looking at it.
My experience is very different. I usually receive one or more emails every couple of days. Last month I earned 75 free e-miles , plus 750 for purchasing the <$3 Deluxe check cover, and 200 for a "free" personalized photo calendar from Vistaprint that ended up costing about $5 for shipping. Wasn't happy about the shipping costs, but the family photo calendar will look very nice in my mom's kitchen.

My wife's email offers arrive with almost the same frequency as mine. She's also averaging 14 offers per month since the beginning of the year.

Have you updated your profile recently? Some people have reported that an update seems to generate new activity when an account goes dormant.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by bj2757
My experience has been about the same. A lot at first - nothing now.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
I recently started an account for USeless Air miles, around Thanksgiving. I am about to redeem 500 points for the 3rd time. Meanwhile, I have a Delta account also. I redeemed back around T-giving and have only had about 150 points since then. I have had the account with Delta for many years.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by bob12403
My experience is very different. I usually receive one or more emails every couple of days. Last month I earned 75 free e-miles , plus 750 for purchasing the <$3 Deluxe check cover, and 200 for a "free" personalized photo calendar from Vistaprint that ended up costing about $5 for shipping. Wasn't happy about the shipping costs, but the family photo calendar will look very nice in my mom's kitchen.

My wife's email offers arrive with almost the same frequency as mine. She's also averaging 14 offers per month since the beginning of the year.

Have you updated your profile recently? Some people have reported that an update seems to generate new activity when an account goes dormant.
My experience varies also. The range of offers coming in varies from week to week it seems. I don't do everything that they send it anymore, usually hold out for bigger draws.

Last edited by farahmorales; Apr 8, 2010 at 9:57 am
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by farahmorales
My experience varies also. The range of offers coming in varies from week to week it seems. I don't do everything that they send it anymore, usually hold out for bigger draws.
this has probably been mentioned before but i think one key to getting a lot of offers is to answer the surveys in such a way that various advertisers will want to send you their ads. for example, if you answer the quick questions at the end of an offer by saying that no i'm not planning on moving in the next 6 months, nor getting married, nor graduating from college, nor opening a savings account, nor driving a rental car in a foreign country etc - you've just eliminated yourself from the possibility of a lot of offers.

i personally don't give a hoot about answering those type of questions honestly and end up just going with whatever i feel will get me more surveys. works pretty well.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by Kalboz

And in the account contact information the sponsor's name has changed to Delta but the sponsor's account number remains the NWA ff number
This is still the case for me. Has anyone deposited e-miles into Delta
with the Northwest number on their account after they merged
the two accounts in October 2009? The one success reported earlier
was before then.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta SM
This is still the case for me. Has anyone deposited e-miles into Delta
with the Northwest number on their account after they merged
the two accounts in October 2009? The one success reported earlier
was before then.
My e-miles account had my NW number on it originally. I redeemed for Delta miles this year, in February I believe. As I went through the redemption process, it had me enter my Delta Skymiles number at that time. Miles did post successfully.

Thanks,
S
Old Nov 6, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Unusual e-Miles posting?

My wife recently cashed in 500 e-Miles for 500 Delta Sky Miles. When the Sky Miles posted, they posted in a way that we've never seen.

She was credited with 490 "e-Miles Base Miles", and then 10 "e-Miles Reactivation Miles."

It's the correct number of total miles, but I'm puzzled by the "reactivation miles." Her last earned mileage activity was June 2010, so it's not as if she was in danger of her miles expiring. Anyone else ever seen this before?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:55 pm

I just had the exact same thing happen. I don't know what it is all about.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:55 pm

Also happened to me 1-Mar-11
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:11 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Delta miles no longer expire though, correct?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:43 am

Anyone else get the offer from Pitney Bowes for 1,000 e-miles? Anyone going for it? Pitney Bowes has poor-to-mixed reviews online, but hey, a 60-day trial for 1k miles is pretty tempting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.