Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

new eReward survey for hotel- $175 if accepted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new eReward survey for hotel- $175 if accepted

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
my son just got it and I did it for him...thanks for the tips here, they worked! I see lots of free videogames from Blockbuster in his future....now I only wish dad, mom and daughter can receive it too
Originally Posted by pushback
Right--and I assume the email comes from e-rewards based on (in part) your travel profile, which is why I asked what people put in their profile for the following question: "In which hotel chain do you most frequently stay?"
Can anyone who has gotten the survey answer?
Could you or someone please take a look at pushback's question? Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:18 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
WRONG!!! There was a female on page 1 of this thread who got the $175.
That would be me!

However, pushback reported in this post that his wife received the survey and after answering the first question as "female" she did not qualify.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:57 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by rrgg
Could you or someone please take a look at pushback's question? Thanks!
I entered Four Seasons as my first choice and Ritz Carlton as my second choice. YMMV
Old Nov 15, 2006, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Pat89339
That would be me!

However, pushback reported in this post that his wife received the survey and after answering the first question as "female" she did not qualify.
The point is, the list of "correct" responses posted is probably way too simplistic. The pattern is probably more complex, and/or contains some "random" elements.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:00 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
I entered Ritz as my first choice and four seasons second .Worked for me.Just went and looked at my profile....air trips 12 to 24 Int trips 1 to 3 Hotel nights 24 favorite hotel Marriott...Elite status American and Delta.YMMV

Last edited by jim5518; Nov 15, 2006 at 9:05 pm
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by jim5518
I entered Ritz as my first choice and four seasons second .Worked for me.Just went and looked at my profile....air trips 12 to 24 Int trips 1 to 3 Hotel nights 24 favorite hotel Marriott...Elite status American and Delta.YMMV
Thanks. There is actually more to your travel profile. If you click on that erewards page, the settings also include:
  • How many nights in the past 12 months did you stay in a hotel?
  • In which hotel chain do you most frequently stay?
  • How many times in the past 12 months did you rent a car for:
  • Which car rental company do you use most often?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:06 am

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
This shows how much you should trust what the "survey says."
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
This shows how much you should trust what the "survey says."
e-rewards seems to keep track of this, sort of. If you check your account, they give extra rewards when you complete a survey that reinforces your profile. I assume that means they notice when you're survey answers are not consistent with your profile answers (household income, age, number of flights, profession, ...)
Old Nov 16, 2006, 8:04 pm

A friend just got the survey today. The first question asks your gender... he selected male and the survey was IMMEDIATELY ended.

So... I wonder if they reached their male quota? I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:14 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by dave_261
A friend just got the survey today. The first question asks your gender... he selected male and the survey was IMMEDIATELY ended.

So... I wonder if they reached their male quota? I guess we'll find out soon enough.
As I posted earlier, my wife's ended when she selected female. Are there any other sexes we're missing? Maybe they only want males on Monday, females on Friday?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:20 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by rrgg
e-rewards seems to keep track of this, sort of. If you check your account, they give extra rewards when you complete a survey that reinforces your profile. I assume that means they notice when you're survey answers are not consistent with your profile answers (household income, age, number of flights, profession, ...)
That would surprise me. I have noticed that, in most cases, e-rewards seems to just be a front end for some other survey site. Each site has its own format. Unless they manuallu spot checked I don't see how they could automate correlation. I assume that the way it works is a client approached e-rewards (or vice-versa) and in setting up "the deal" the client specifies what demographic they want to survey. E-rewards then "randomly" selects X number of respondents that match the client's requested criteria, the e-rewards sends out the invitations--but a 1 for 1 correlation of survey results to profile questions would surprise me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.