Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by imverge
On Thursday I completed a survey for (product removed).
Be aware that describing the subject matter of the survey (including the product, etc.) violates the survey agreement and in principle could cause you problems with e-Rewards and/or the company who sponsored the survey (as the contents of the survey are considered trade secrets). I suggest you edit the product details out of your post.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by cepheid
Be aware that describing the subject matter of the survey (including the product, etc.) violates the survey agreement and in principle could cause you problems with e-Rewards and/or the company who sponsored the survey (as the contents of the survey are considered trade secrets). I suggest you edit the product details out of your post.
What ever

Be aware that NOT CREDITING a members account after they've completed a survey violates the T&C of eRewards!

You think I care about revealing the subject matter when they tried to rip me off in the first place?

They can sue me!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by imverge
What ever
Be aware that NOT CREDITING a members account after they've completed a survey violates the T&C of eRewards!
They can sue me!
I agree! I'm sure that they're going to come after you!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:11 pm
G23

just redeemed 50.00 for 1,000 Onepass miles
Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HH, SPG Gold
I just redeemed my erewards for 2000 AA miles. I'll do this "scam" as many times as I can.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I redeemed $50 eRewards for 3,000 HH points last month. It didn't cost me a dime. I can't believe I keep getting away with this scam!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: DL Skypesos PE, PP Platinum, HH DIAMOND, AA, CH GE, SPG
I just exchanged $100 e-rewards for 2000 nwa miles and it posted within 48 hours in my nwa account. I love this "scam". I have done it 2 years in a row!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:59 pm

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC
In two years I've redeemed 24,000 HHonors points; 4,000 US Air miles; 12 free Blockbuster movies; and 2 orders from FTD.com with a $25.00 discount.

Hope this "scam" lasts.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Platunum
I love it.

Today I just redeemend $25.00 in e-reward "money" for 500 AA miles! ^
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by mvoight
I don't know if you know this, but Border Rewards are only redeemable during a period around the winter holidays, so it make little sense to have the E-Reward for the bonus to be available all year. If you got it now, you couldn't use it now.
The Borders Rewards reward was available in January.....as I used some of my 'expiring' 2006 e-Rawards $$$ to redeem it......even though I won't be able to 'spend' it until Nov 15th.

It provided a nice start to my 2007 Holiday Savings Reward balance.

I just wish this reward was redeemable more than once per year......as even twice would be really nice.

With my 2006 e-Rewards earnings, I redeemed a 2K Delta Skymiles reward, a 3000 HHonors reward and the 2 Borders Rewards rewards (once in late 2006 and once again in Jan for 2007)......in addition to a couple of magazine subscriptions (to use up the remainder before the expiration date).

FWIW, so far this year, I've already earned over $30 e-Rewards.....but intend to wait before redeeming anything in order to earn more.... so that I can redeem another 2K Delta Skymiles reward.

A.J.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: MR Plat, BW Rewards Plat, CP Gold, HH Silver, Delta Skymiles
No complaints here. I have redeemed several rewards in the past two years and all posted quickly.

First post, so I'm anxious to see how it looks.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
for the first time my AA miles cash in is taking a long time. Nearly 2 weeks. This is neither as much fun or as useful as it used to be.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 4:55 pm

Programs: OnePass, HawaiianMiles, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles, Amex MR, SPG, Hhonors
Exclamation Thanks For The Good Advice

I was invited to join e-rewards towards the end of last year. I do appreciate the posts from everyone as now I have an even greater understanding of what to expect.

I will definitely try to keep up with the number of dollars that I actually receive for the surveys that I fill out. I often have suspected that I was being cheated out of some reward dollars, but I had given e-rewards the benefit of the doubt. Now, I know better. They do make it somewhat confusing to keep track of the reward dollars that you earn because some of them will appear right away, and some won't appear for 7 - 10 days. I mean, how am I supposed to know if the $4.00 that is credited is for the survey I completed 10 minutes ago or 10 days ago? Something tells me that this is by design.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by getouttatown
I mean, how am I supposed to know if the $4.00 that is credited is for the survey I completed 10 minutes ago or 10 days ago?
By keeping track of your completed surveys and looking at "Review Your Account Balance" regularly. They itemize exactly what was credited and the date at which it credited, so you can reconcile your records of what you should have received with their records of what you actually received. This is what I do for ALL of my survey panel memberships, not just e-rewards; it's really not much more work.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 1:42 am

Programs: OnePass, HawaiianMiles, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles, Amex MR, SPG, Hhonors
I just checked my records, and there was 3 surveys that I completed that I received absolutely no credit for. There was one that I received $1, when I should have received $3. Unfortunately, I just joined in November and there were already 4 mistakes (that I caught). I did send a message to member services to have the mistakes corrected. I'll keep FT posted on how what the response is, and how quickly I receive one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.