Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Free admission to select Northeast museums during May for BofA/MBNA customers

Old May 1, 06, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Offer valid from 5/1/06 to 5/31/06.
Photo ID and Bank of America credit card, ATM card, Check Card or MBNA credit card must be presented.
Excludes fundraising events and ticketed shows.
Free admission limited to cardholder and one guest per participating institution.
Not to be combined with other offers.

http://www.bankofamericapromotions.com/museums/
Old May 1, 06, 9:32 am

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Thanks for the post! A lot of the museums in DC are free, but this would have been even nicer to extend this offer to some of the ones down here in the nation's capital =)
Old May 1, 06, 3:23 pm

Programs: Peon in all
A couple near me that I've always wanted to go to are included! Free is as good a reason as I can think of!

Thanks for the info!
Old May 1, 06, 4:47 pm

Programs: Membership has its benefits, or so I am told.
Cool

What an awesome offer! Sometimes I really miss living in New York City...This is one of those times!!! I almost think I ought to plan a long weekend, just to go to some of these museums that I always put off when I lived there :-)

ITTIA
Old May 2, 06, 11:30 am

Nice thanks.
Old May 3, 06, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MR Gold, WR Diamond, BW Diam Sel
I found this offer in a newspaper the other day and was curious to see if anyone had posted it on FT yet. Sure enough, it's here!

By the way, for those who haven't yet clicked on the link provided by the OP, the museums on offer aren't just little obscure ones; they include such well-known institutions as the Guggenheim, the Jewish Museum, and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden (all in NYC), the Fine Arts Museum and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (both in Boston), and the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

Just as one example, normal adult admission to the Guggenheim is $18 each. You can save $36 on this visit alone!

Fortuitously, I have a trip to NYC coming up tomorrow, and some spare time to visit museums....
Old May 21, 06, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MR Gold, WR Diamond, BW Diam Sel
Bump.... This is one of the best deals on this forum, and it's still going till the end of May.

I made good use of it in NYC the first weekend of May. I visited the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, the Jewish Museum, El Museo del Barrio, the International Center of Photography, and the Guggenheim Museum, all free of charge ($49 worth of adult admissions just for myself), and brought one guest for free to most of those places as well (another $38 worth of admissions).