Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-REWARDS-HH AWARD out-of -stock

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-REWARDS-HH AWARD out-of -stock

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Unhappy E-REWARDS-HH AWARD out-of -stock

Tried redeeming $50 e-rewards for 3000 HH points this morning,however,award shows OUT-OF-Stock...this is the first time I have ever seen HH award out of stock
Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:37 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
How can they be "out of stock" on points? I was able to redeem for HHonors points about 5 days ago and they have posted. I learned a long time ago rule #1 on these miles/points promo activities we subject ourselves to--always redeem the moment you reach the required amount. I've already done my AA miles redemption for this year and, for me, there is nothing else worth the time to bother with. In view of the fact the points I earn now expire in May (still can't understand how they figure that), this is not good news. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
How can they be "out of stock" on points? I was able to redeem for HHonors points about 5 days ago and they have posted. I learned a long time ago rule #1 on these miles/points promo activities we subject ourselves to--always redeem the moment you reach the required amount. I've already done my AA miles redemption for this year and, for me, there is nothing else worth the time to bother with. In view of the fact the points I earn now expire in May (still can't understand how they figure that), this is not good news. Thanks for the heads-up.
Here is a quote from the thread regarding Delta miles and E-rewards being out of stock.

"Here is my question to e-rewards:

"My year ends on 03/31/2006 although I am holding $100 to buy 2000 Delta
miles, which are not avaiable yet. Please advise."

And this is their answer:

"Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting e-Rewards. We apologize for the delay in the
availability of the Delta SkyMiles reward. Your currency will expire on
05/01/2006. Although we highly hope to have the reward available long
before then, if it still is not available we will reinstate any currency
that expires from your account so that you can get the reward you want.
Once again, we apologize.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions or
concerns.

Sincerely,

Todd LaLone"

If Hhonors is still out of stock when you try to redeem, you might try the same tactic. In any case, I have been able to get E-rewards to extend the expiration by simply sending an e-mail stating I was accumulating currency for a particular reward and requesting an extension.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Wow! It does say "out of stock" beside both HH awards under Redeem Awards. This is terrible. Hilton is my preferred award, and since I've already redeemed my AA and NW miles, this would really make e-rewards less meaningful. (Can you get more than 1 blockbuster award per year?) W/o DL and HH, they might lose a bunch of people. tls
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:35 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I tried to redeem for 300 points the other day and was told i wouldnt be eligible for more HHonors points till March 3rd.

Now the award is Out of Stock.

I emailed them, i'll see what they have to say.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Steph58
It is out of stock because either.

1. They haven't paid for them
2. The order isn't complete
3. They are getting rid of them
4.??
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat
4. They want you to redeem for one of their lame rewards, like eBags.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:15 pm

I see it available still

Originally Posted by sonora
4. They want you to redeem for one of their lame rewards, like eBags.
I do see it available and not out-of-stock, now I haven't redeemed because it's not 90 days yet and won't go through, but maybe what you saw was temporary.

I'm hopeful HHonors going off the list is simply not going to happen...surely the e-rewards people are aware of redemption patterns and know removing that particular redemption without an equally desirable replacement would cause a huge loss in membership in their program.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I successfully redeemed for 3000 Hilton points on Saturday. Glad I got in under the wire!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 5:12 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Ack! I'm $.50 short of the $50 level. I checked the site and it doesn't say anything about the HH certificates out of stock.

Crossing my fingers!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 5:14 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
BTW, there's a new "Earn Now" award. Sign up to receive Texas tourism brochures and receive $1.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
The Hilton HHonors points are showing as available for me.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:00 am

I successfully redeemed Hilton last night (3/1/06) after being told in the morning it was out of stock. Seemed to be just temporary.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
The Out of Stock is no longer there. Let's hope it was a temporary glitch. tls
Old Mar 2, 2006, 6:08 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Working Now

I just redeemed for 3,000 hhonors points! thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.