FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   mypoints emails have STOPPED coming in altogether (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/489448-mypoints-emails-have-stopped-coming-altogether.html)

doglover Nov 3, 2005 1:48 pm

mypoints emails have STOPPED coming in altogether

I've been dutifully collecting my points and shipping them off to Hilton. About a month ago emails stopped coming in.

I've emailed mypoints twice to ask why but have yet to get a single response.

Anyone else run into this? My account still seems to be active as I can log in and check my balance and all.

dingo Nov 3, 2005 1:59 pm

I received 8 yesterday and 5 today...kind of feast or famine for me but usually every few days there is something.

indyscott Nov 3, 2005 2:00 pm

No problems here. Got mail today.

Have you checked your junk mail folder? After the changes a few months back, mine started going there until I added mypoints e-mail address to my address book (with Yahoo!).

patrickATX Nov 3, 2005 2:06 pm

indyscott may have your solution. Check your email spam settings or in your spam folder. About a month or two ago, mypoints emails started being delivered to my yahoo spam folder. I had to define them as a safe sender to receive the emails in my inbox.

muffy77 Nov 3, 2005 2:17 pm

Did that solve your problem? I've had a ton of emails from them lately...

paradocs Nov 3, 2005 2:35 pm

Mine stopped too

Three of us have mypoints accnts. They all stopped receiving mail a couple of months ago. They are not going to a spam folder. I just can't figure out what the problem is. We haven't done anything that mypoints forbids. I even did that update thing several weeks back that was good for 60 points.

I even sent them a couple of emails asking what's up. No reply! I sure miss the fast and easy Hilton points!

MeLike2Travel Nov 3, 2005 2:59 pm

Just thought I'd chime in to say I haven't had any problems with receiving the emails of late. I have been getting a few less than norma, but am still receiving them.

adamak Nov 3, 2005 3:00 pm

I had the same problem last month. I changed it to use a new email address and since then got everything. So my old email was the issue, even though there was no spam filter set by me. I believe the server may have some auto settings. MyPoints mail usually comes in batches, so maybe software automatically assume it's spam and block it.
Try changing one of your email address and see if that's the issue.

jfe Nov 3, 2005 3:14 pm

I have 36 emails from them right now

I better click on them before they expire :o

tcook052 Nov 3, 2005 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by jfe
I have 36 emails from them right now

I better click on them before they expire :o

I find I have to action the MyPoints emails I receive almost daily as some are time sensitive. Do you let yours build up for a week, for example, jfe?

To the OP, good luck getting the tap turned back on. :)

jfe Nov 3, 2005 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
I find I have to action the MyPoints emails I receive almost daily as some are time sensitive. Do you let yours build up for a week, for example, jfe?

To the OP, good luck getting the tap turned back on. :)

My oldest email is from Oct 28, and it doesn't expire until Nov 11

I better clean them up once I get to the hotel ;)

CrazyOne Nov 3, 2005 8:51 pm

I had trouble with certain email addresses and MyPoints in the past. As I recall, I tried to get them to my custom domain at one point, and that never worked. Right now I use Gmail, and that works fine once you have Gmail knowing that it's not spam. I've been getting a couple mails from them every day recently. i tend to let them pile up for several days then read and clear them all at once.

corrad Nov 3, 2005 10:20 pm

do you have more than 1 account per person? I think in the past, mypoints have terminated multiple accounts.

tcook052 Nov 3, 2005 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by corrad
do you have more than 1 account per person? I think in the past, mypoints have terminated multiple accounts.

Doesn't sound like it:

Originally Posted by doglover
My account still seems to be active as I can log in and check my balance and all.

pqflyer Nov 3, 2005 11:48 pm

Like the OP, I haven't received any MyPoints emails for ages. I did change my email address, but I've checked and the emails are not going into bulk or spam or junk. I can log in and check my balance, and it looks like I can still get points (although very, very slowly) for buying things through the website. It's just the email thing. I, too, have emailed them and received no reply. I guess it's not a huge loss, but I did like the occasional bunch of Hilton points.