Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Free/Close to Free Yearly Magazine Subscriptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free/Close to Free Yearly Magazine Subscriptions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2005, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Stuff Magazine

Recently I took advantage of a few free magazines.

Having never seen "Stuff" magazine, and liking free stuff, I signed up.

Perhaps I'm just getting too old for today's advertising... Upon receiving my first issue (Jan 2005) I decided to cancel the magazine immediately. It is a bit too racy for me; especially when everyone in my post office knows me. I emailed the magazine directly, but they responded that because I signed up through a magazine subscription company, I needed to contact them directly.

I suggest that if you decide to sign up for magazines which you are not very familiar with, that you stop by a magazine stand and look at them first.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 5:41 am

Programs: NW PE, Marriott Gold, Alamo-what are they calling it this week?
Change of address

If you attempting to cancel a subscription, and the publisher is telling you to contact your magazine subscription company, how about just changing your address to the local American Legion hall, car repair shop or other facility with a waiting room. They won't let you cancel your subscription, but at least you can redirect it.

If the local post office staff knows Roy Hortence's address is not c/o the local American Legion, maybe you can send it to another couple states away.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 6:18 am

Programs: United 1K
Actually, you can learn a lot about today's culture by reading the magazine.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Having seen the offer for ASSets, I was surprised "American Baby" wasn't a related publicaction.

Anyone try "Vitals" yet? That one looks as though it could concern anything from toy cars to "other" toys.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
American Angler Magazine
http://www.freebizmag.com/emailangler03welcome.htm

If you want complete information on fly fishing for trout, salmon, steelhead and other fish, as well as practical tips on the tactics, techniques, tackle and flies that will bring greater success and more enjoyment from your time on stream and at the tying vise, American Angler is the magazine for you!
Old Jan 18, 2005, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lavarock7
... Perhaps I'm just getting too old for today's advertising... Upon receiving my first issue (Jan 2005) I decided to cancel the magazine immediately. It is a bit too racy for me; especially when everyone in my post office knows me. ....
Me too, I can't even get past the cover page of Stuff. Actually, I tried to pass the magazine to my hubby to read, and he turned it down too. I regret taking something free and now I feel guilty for all the wasted trees.

Edited to add:

Also have received Details and BestLife magazines which are meant for men readers, but I think their articles are quite good.

Last edited by ChaseTheMiles; Mar 6, 2005 at 12:59 pm
Old Jan 18, 2005, 5:35 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Red face

Originally Posted by Lavarock7
Recently I took advantage of a few free magazines.

Having never seen "Stuff" magazine, and liking free stuff, I signed up.

Perhaps I'm just getting too old for today's advertising... Upon receiving my first issue (Jan 2005) I decided to cancel the magazine immediately.
I like the magazine, although my wife does complain about it once in a while
Old Jan 19, 2005, 6:06 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Field and Stream?

Thanks for the leads, Photog72. I got a couple of them.

Unfortunately, both of the Field and Stream links seem to be down.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Mr.Airport
If you attempting to cancel a subscription, and the publisher is telling you to contact your magazine subscription company, how about just changing your address to the local American Legion hall, car repair shop or other facility with a waiting room. They won't let you cancel your subscription, but at least you can redirect it.

If the local post office staff knows Roy Hortence's address is not c/o the local American Legion, maybe you can send it to another couple states away.
Just a heads up, my daughter and I have swapped some subscriptions in the past and after the addresses were changed we started getting credit card offers at the new address. I'm not too concerned that my daughter will try to get a credit card in my name if she receives the application but I would be hesitant to transfer a subscription to someone I didn't know well and trust.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Sorry about that. When I post the links, they usually work. I will make edit my posts to take them out, and post when/if I find one that works.

Originally Posted by loomis
Thanks for the leads, Photog72. I got a couple of them.

Unfortunately, both of the Field and Stream links seem to be down.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:14 am
Original Poster

American Cowboy Magazine
http://www.freebizmag.com/emailcowboy03welcome.htm

American Cowboy reports on the contemporary western lifestyle with engaging profiles of country-western musicians, rodeo performers and western artists along with pictorials of the western landscape. American Cowboy also features articles on western decorating and fashion, current events affecting the West, travel, food, history, reviews and poetry.

Golf Styles Magazine
http://glf.magserv.com/cgi-bin/subscribe?qt=new

Hollywood Life Magazine
http://www.freebizmag.com/hollywoodad03welcome.htm

Each issue is jam-packed with in-depth profiles, interviews and essays on Hollywood's most celebrated actors, directors, producers and screenwriters, as well as timely reviews of current theatrical and video releases, not to mention the spectacular prize-winning photography.

Interview Magazine
http://www.freebizmag.com/emailbrantimag02welcome.htm

Interview offers a perspective like no other magazine! Presenting candid conversations between the pop icons of both today and tomorrow, Interview provides a perspective on the people who make the pop culture – celebrities, politicians, filmmakers, musicians and literary figures.

AJN: American Journal of Nursing
http://www.freebizmag.com/emailajn01welcome.htm

AJN: American Journal of Nursing’s mission is to promote excellence in professional nursing, with a global perspective, by providing cutting edge, evidence-based information that embraces a holistic perspective on health and nursing. AJN's diverse audience encompasses a cross section of American nurses, as well as other health care professionals, journalists, patients, and the general public.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Thanks. Great help.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Anyone try "Vitals" yet? That one looks as though it could concern anything from toy cars to "other" toys.
I was pleasantly surprised to find Vitals on the list. It's a new magazine; only two issues have been published so far. It is a men's fashion magazine, sort of like GQ, with more emphasis on clothes, shopping, and technology toys, but it is not a "general interest" magazine like GQ. Nothing racy about it at all.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Not a Magazine, but...

Free Schick Quattro (no bs or scam)
http://www.schickxgames.com/
Old Jan 21, 2005, 3:59 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
I wouldn’t mind getting a subscription to Stuff, FHM, and Maxim however, they’re not as good as the UK version…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.