Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

20% off of Priority Pass Membership (Airline Lounges)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% off of Priority Pass Membership (Airline Lounges)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What if you cancel and later in the year decide to re-enroll? Could you do it at the 20% off price? Just a thought.....
This is exactly what I have been doing for the last 4 years. Call to cancel, then wait a couple of weeks and re-join via internet or fax. No problems whatsoever. Actually had a code that worked until last year for a top level membership at $239. Now I can only get 20% off with the same code. But how can one complain - PP is a great bargain.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I am considering getting the Priority Pass with the 10 visits included but have a few questions:

1. If I fly PBI-JFK-MXP (as I am planning to do) and go into the Delta CRC at PBI with the Priority Pass, do I get a "Day Pass" for the CRC -- giving me entry that same day at JFK without using up another of my visits?

2. If I don't use up all 10 visits in the first year, but renew my Priority Pass, will the remaining visits be carried forward or will they be lost?

3. When I am in the CRC do I get the same service with regards to help on flights as I would if I were a CRC member?

4. CRC members get to go through the faster Security Line. Is that true with Priority Pass members also?

5. In Italy, do Priority Pass members get entry to the Elite Plus lounge or only the Elite?

6. Which lounge in the new TLV terminal is connected with Priority Pass?
Old Aug 20, 2005, 7:15 am

Programs: aa co
OK, I know this will seem like a dumb question to most of you, but what is the big draw? Nobody pays $24 for a couple of "free" drinks and a newspaper. Is it the internet access? Or would you take that many airport showers in a year to justify $79 plus $24?

This is a legit question. I sincerely don't know.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by DennyO
OK, I know this will seem like a dumb question to most of you, but what is the big draw? Nobody pays $24 for a couple of "free" drinks and a newspaper. Is it the internet access? Or would you take that many airport showers in a year to justify $79 plus $24?

I can tell you from my point of view. I would pay $199 and get 10 visits. That gets me to $19.90 per visit.

My home airport is TLV. An inexpensive breakfast there would run about $9. You can get a light breakfast for free in either of the two VIP rooms. So I would look at the cost as $10.90. For this, I get unlimited internet access --which is not available anywhere else in the airport. Let's say this is worth about $5. The cost now comes down to $5.90 per visit.

The VIP rooms are the only place in the airport I can leave my hand luggage while I go to the Duty Free or the smoking areas. (Keep in mind that because of Security they ask you to get to the airport three hours before your flight but you usually get through all the formalities in 30 minutes -- so you have a lot of time left over). Additionally, the VIP lounges are quieter and more comfortable then the rest of the airport. Not a bad deal for $5.90.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am considering getting the Priority Pass with the 10 visits included but have a few questions:

1. If I fly PBI-JFK-MXP (as I am planning to do) and go into the Delta CRC at PBI with the Priority Pass, do I get a "Day Pass" for the CRC -- giving me entry that same day at JFK without using up another of my visits?

2. If I don't use up all 10 visits in the first year, but renew my Priority Pass, will the remaining visits be carried forward or will they be lost?

3. When I am in the CRC do I get the same service with regards to help on flights as I would if I were a CRC member?

4. CRC members get to go through the faster Security Line. Is that true with Priority Pass members also?

5. In Italy, do Priority Pass members get entry to the Elite Plus lounge or only the Elite?

6. Which lounge in the new TLV terminal is connected with Priority Pass?

1: No day pass - JFK and PBI would be separate "visits"

2: Lost

3: Yes, you are treated the same as everyone else by the staff. I'm certain they would be happy to assist you with travel details.

4: No - no elite security access.

5/6: MXP has three "Club S.E.A." participants in Terminal 1, Gates A (Monteverde/Schengen) and B (Pergolesi/non-Schengen), as well as a third one Sala Resphighi landside near check-in areas. TLV shows as "Dan Lounge airside after passport control follow signs to Corridor B, 24 hours daily (ex. Yom Kippur)"

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

At SEA there is access to all departure areas after security so I have a choice of lounges; Prioroty Pass is good no matter what airline you're flying that day. The DL CRC is actually almost as close to the AA gates as the Admirals Club itself, for example.

I value access because I am one who gets to the airport early. Much nicer place to hang out if you're alone than in the terminal itself where you cannot leave your stuff anywhere unattended. Also, the terminals can often be a madhouse (so can the lounges, but it's not quite the same thing).
Old Aug 20, 2005, 11:25 am

Programs: Peon in all

I don't (originally) depart from that many locations that participate, but because you must arrive early (and many times you have much free time before your flight), I would rather spend the $24 and be in a relaxed and comfortable place than sitting at the gate. Also for connections, I would rather spend $24 to be in the lounge than to sit at the gate for 3 or 4 hours.

To me, "a couple of free drinks and a newspaper", internet access, food (you don't get fed on the plane) and a quiet and comfortable place IS worth $24.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
1: No day pass - JFK and PBI would be separate "visits"

2: Lost

3: Yes, you are treated the same as everyone else by the staff. I'm certain they would be happy to assist you with travel details.

4: No - no elite security access.

5/6: MXP has three "Club S.E.A." participants in Terminal 1, Gates A (Monteverde/Schengen) and B (Pergolesi/non-Schengen), as well as a third one Sala Resphighi landside near check-in areas. TLV shows as "Dan Lounge airside after passport control follow signs to Corridor B, 24 hours daily (ex. Yom Kippur)"

Hope that helps.
Thanks, Point Scrounger, that helps a lot. One last question -- if you know. If I go into the Sala Resphighi before going through Security am I allowed into the Pegolesi room without repaying?
Old Aug 20, 2005, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's per lounge so I seriously doubt it.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 1:11 am

Priority Line at Security with Priority Pass?

I was just checking in at SFO and at the security check fast lane I noiced a sign reading 'Invitation only' and just below ist said 'Priority Pass'. Does that mean that one gets priority at the security check with Priority Pass?

Last edited by Axelerator; Aug 21, 2005 at 1:12 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 22, 2005, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Id love to know of any code that gives more than 20% discount as vegasflyer mentioned...if anyone runs across it again, please post it!!!!!
Old May 4, 2006, 8:15 pm

These links all seem to still work. I find myself puzzled though -- why does Priority Pass have such a high fee for guests? Is it truly being marketed only at business travelers?

We need to maintain some sort of club relationship because my husband travels A LOT for work, usually on a SkyTeam carrier. We currently have the AmEx Plat but are thinking of switching because it's just too expensive for what it is... although I do like that because I'm an additional cardmember when I travel on my own (usually for pleasure) I can use the lounges so I might want to keep my own membership as well.

I love the flexibility of Priority Pass but on those occassions when I am with my husband (for whom the $319 is definitely worth it), I'm not too okay with paying an extra $24 for the "guest" fee.

Is there any program like Priority Pass that allows guests in? I've read some stuff about the Citibank Chairman's Card allowing guests with PP, so that might be one way to go about it, but I'm truly puzzled by what the best option is and why nothing seems "just right" for our situation.
Old May 4, 2006, 8:22 pm

I found out on my last trip that the Dan Lounge in TLV costs $24 with Priority Pass but only $20 if you don't have one.

For some strange reason I decided to pass on the Priority Pass.
Old May 4, 2006, 11:02 pm

Programs: NW, UA
anyone denied entry?

i don't know how widely this program is known. my biggest fear would be to make an investment and be denied entry at a lounge somewhere because the desk person is not familiar w/ the program. anyone ran into a situation like that?

otherwise this seems like a good deal.
Old May 5, 2006, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have never, ever had a problem - even when the lounges were already quite full. However, my mom was initially denied entry to the SAN DL club; she stood her ground, and the receptionist eventually confirmed they were participating. I did have the agent demand to see my boarding pass at an EWR Continental Club last time, but it seemed that was to determine whether I was on a CO flight she should announce for boarding; I wasn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.