Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2004, 12:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
How long do these cert's take to arrive? I noticed that they charged my Amex on 8/18/04, yet today is 9/24/2004, and I have yet to receive anything.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
is it done?

had doen this with great success the last time the deal was here. Got cert online when done with purchase and printed it out. It was in the Spring I think.

this time, just now, I got the following message just now:

Expired promotional code entered.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by hoangb
How long do these cert's take to arrive? I noticed that they charged my Amex on 8/18/04, yet today is 9/24/2004, and I have yet to receive anything.
The certs are not snail mailed to you. You print them out yourself on your own printer; you could have begun using yours on August 18th. I believe restaurant.com emails a link for each cert upon purchase. Assuming you don't have access to those emails, you will need to go to the "My Account" section at their site and have each cert re-mailed to you.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 3:53 pm

Question

We have been enjoying these restaurant certs enormously. Thanks for posting a terrific deal. We lucked out and found 3 great restaurants in our area. I bought certs in spouse and my names. I bought enough so that we'll be eating out 6X a month until the end of 2004! I am wondering what the restaurants could possibly gain by our visits?
Old Sep 24, 2004, 3:58 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
I am wondering what the restaurants could possibly gain by our visits?
They gain customers.

My experiences have been that 1. I've tried restaurants I would never ever eat at otherwise; 2. I've really liked the food at some to the point I would pay full price (Havana Cafe and Braseiro in the PHX area come to mind), and 3. with most of my dining experiences, another person and I have spent about $12 over the $25 cert, then leave about an $8 tip, so it's still $20 cash they wouldn't have seen otherwise-- and in the process, we enjoy a great meal.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
I am wondering what the restaurants could possibly gain by our visits?
Forget for a moment the possibility of a return visit to the restaurant at full price, as suggested by my friend Viajero Joven above. What these restaurants gain is a customer that is almost “guaranteed”. Once you buy the cert from restaurant.com, going to that restaurant is no longer discretionary. You feel the need to use the cert that you bought. You said yourself:

"I bought enough so that we'll be eating out 6X a month until the end of 2004!"

You aren’t going to eat out just anywhere - you will be eating out at the restaurants that you have $25 certs for.

If you order 2 appetizers, 2 dinners and a bottle of wine, the restaurant will make money even after knocking $25 off the bill.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:12 am

New Code

code for 45% off - expires 9/30/04

code: 32989
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:48 am

Try again at midnight!

Thanks for the code info. Site is not accessible today. Sloooowww. Wonder why? Best to give it a try in the wee hours.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Ditto that. I found some good places. But it was so slow that I gave up after a while. This is exactly what happened when they had their previous sale.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 2:47 pm

i used to buy these through a rebate site like slickdeals or a mileage mall but can't remember which one know. anyone know?
I did it about a month ago on hte other offer
Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2004, 12:16 pm

Thanks for posting the September code.

I used it to get 5 certificates at 45% off. Will use four in the next six weeks (different restaurants, of course). Really good deal!
Old Oct 2, 2004, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Question

Is the October code out yet?

Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2004, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by L1011...N/StoHNL!

Thanks!
They don't seem to have the discount codes every month. They had one in April and then one in June or July I believe and then the September one.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by L1011...N/StoHNL!

Thanks!
Just out.

Code for 40%:

Enter this code number on our home page:

Get your Dining Certificates and check out. Your discount will be applied automatically.

OFFER EXPIRES 10/31/04
Only valid for Dining Certificate purchases.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:29 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I don't understand why people don't just buy the Entertainment Book. EB is, what, $25-$35 in most areas, for hundreds of 2 for 1 offers at restaurants. That makes such coupons worth a few cents each. The correlation between participating in EB and restaurant.com is also very high.

The only reason I can imagine using restaurant.com would be as a high-priced way to get EB vouchers in a city I don't have EB for. And, to be honest, I don't bother. I just use Idine instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.