Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

anyone have 800# for mypoints? THANKS

Old Apr 9, 03, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

They have been holding 7000 points redemption for over a month now so I think I had better call them.
Old Apr 9, 03, 7:37 pm

888-262-4528
Old Apr 9, 03, 7:42 pm

By any chance you didn't redeem for a Hyatt GC did you? They've been holding my points for over a month, too. After inquiring via e-mail, a week later I got a reply that they're out of those certs but should have them "shortly".
Old Apr 9, 03, 8:46 pm

They sent me an e-mail saying the same thing concerning Circuit City gift cards. Coincedentally they also disabled my account two days later saying they disagreed with how I earned the points and noticed it while reviewing my points redemption.
Old Apr 10, 03, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by a76marine:
They sent me an e-mail saying the same thing concerning Circuit City gift cards. Coincedentally they also disabled my account two days later saying they disagreed with how I earned the points and noticed it while reviewing my points redemption.</font>
Same thing with me. Got a quite brutal e-mail message saying I participated in "purchase fraud." I e-mailed them back, stating they're the fraud. While my point earning methods were quite high, everything I did was through their links, and buying things (mainly gift certificates) that the websites allowed. Absolutely nothing that could be considered hacking or manipulating. They seem to blame their customers for their own problems. I'm still waiting for their reply.

Old Apr 10, 03, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
I was planning on redeeming some of my Mypoints, but with the above messages I'm thinking of waiting until all of this blows over. What did you try to redeem for, burgerwars? Would one of you be kind enough to post what they wrote you?
Old Apr 15, 03, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the number tenacious but it doesn't seem to work. anyone have a correction. Thanks again.
Old Apr 15, 03, 8:27 pm

cecelia, I had several toll-free numbers & also a toll number but now they all appear to be disconnected. Maybe someone else has one that works. Not a good sign for MyPoints.
Old Apr 15, 03, 9:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
A very bad sign!!! I also just tried their toll # 415 676 2054 and it is disconnected as well.

I tried this fax # 888 333 6260 and it is a working #.

Are folks getting return emails?

This is why I am cashing out each and every time I hit 1000!
Old Apr 16, 03, 2:34 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
I was planning on redeeming some of my Mypoints, but with the above messages I'm thinking of waiting until all of this blows over. What did you try to redeem for, burgerwars? Would one of you be kind enough to post what they wrote you?</font>
A couple of Circuit City gift cards. They then closed my account, saying I participated in a type of "purchase fraud." I've e-mailed them back, but they still haven't sent me back a reply.
Old Apr 16, 03, 6:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by paradocs:
A very bad sign!!! I also just tried their toll # 415 676 2054 and it is disconnected as well.

I tried this fax # 888 333 6260 and it is a working #.

Are folks getting return emails?

This is why I am cashing out each and every time I hit 1000!
</font>
I have been getting return emails, not to my satisfaction but they have been responding.
Old Apr 16, 03, 10:17 am

I received an e-mail response from them last night at 7:45 stating they'd put the 3500 points back in my account that I used five weeks ago for a Hyatt gift cert (evidently they're temporarily out of these certs). I received numerous other replies yesterday from customer service regarding messages I'd sent about missing points. Even received 4 "5 point messages" yesterday. I'm hoping there will be a logical explanation for the phones being disconnected, like the numbers became too public so they changed them? They seem to advocate the e-mail method of customer service contact. I checked my point balance about an hour ago; checked again just now and even more points have been posted since that time. Thus, it doesn't appear they've gone out of business. Nevertheless, I'm transfering points to HHonors today!
Old Apr 16, 03, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Dia, SPG Gold
My account was initially disabled around 3/23, they requested id be faxed and reactivated me on 4/9 with their warnings against abuse, etc. Since then I requested a gift certificate redemption (Macys) and no further activity besides perhaps a few emails clicks. I noticed a couple days ago I was disabled again, but I'm still receiving bonus emails from Mypoints.
Same situation for husband, after requesting WalMart gift certs.
Anyone else been disabled again after receiving the warning and only trying to redeem what was already in the account?
Old Apr 16, 03, 1:00 pm

I haven't been disabled but I haven't received Wal-Mart gift cards I ordered the beginning of March. Called Mypoints 2 weeks ago & was told they would do a manual redemption yet I see the points for the redemption are still showing "pending". Seems I more often than not have to call, email, beg, and plead for redemptions. It's getting to be toooo much of a hassle.
Old Apr 16, 03, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
After a little digging (gotta love Google) I found the legal paperwork for the merger of MyPoints by UNITED NEWVENTURES, INC. & UNV ACQUISITION CORP.

Listed towards the bottom it listed:

MyPoints.com, Inc.
1375 East Woodfield Road, Suite 300
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Tel: (847) 969-8150
Fax: (847) 969-8164

I called, asked the recep. agt for a # for MyPoints Customer service and was given 1-415-615-1100!

I called it- spoke to a nice gentleman and he credited the 50 points for the Michelin survey right then.

Good luck to those who need help w/ their MyPoints accounts- this # should do the trick.

[Oh joy- I just reached 1,000 posts!]

[This message has been edited by Russ21Atl (edited 04-16-2003).]

Search this Thread