Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Another twist on the Tupperware 800 MyPoints offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2003, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

Sorry to start a new thread, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw this:

I found this on another board

All Those MyPoints/Tupperware Offers

There are actually 5 different Tupperware offers on the MyPoints
website. Each one will earn you another 800 points if you do them.

Homepage: Large Banner on right side

Homepage: Small Banner (mostly text) in middle of page

Popup: When you first log onto MyPoints - I haven't gotten this one in
a while

Shopping: Large Banner on Right Side

Shopping: Small Banner (mostly text like the homepage) in the middle
of the page - I haven't gotten this one to appear

Earn Points - This was posted but I cannot find it to confirm it
is different than the above banners.

Also go to log in account statement and check under want more points
for another banner!!!

If you want once you click on the tupp banners in tupperware you can
click on gc add $5 gc no shipping then go to cart and change it to
only $1!!!!!! Woo hoo you will have over 5,000 points!!!!!!

There are 7 ways t get the 800 pts!! Also 1 more if you get a mypoints email!!!
Old Mar 13, 2003, 7:51 am

Thanks for the tips and information. I tried it last night on the banners I knew I hadn't used before and it worked!

Points posted overnight! One word of caution, if you use the same banner twice, when you click to get your points it asks you to sign in for your points and it seems as if you have received those points for that banner already, it won't let you sign in to get the points.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Thanks for the tip! I just clicked and bought another $1 ecert. I hope the points post!
Hey Wahoo, your name reminds me of the best SoCal tacos I've ever had! You should definitely try the place if you're in LA.

Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Thanks, dbmaury. The Hilton gravy train keeps on a rollin'!!

Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Thanks for the points! Ahhhh, working my way to Hilton Waikoloa Village paradise! Please keep 'em coming!

BTW, too bad they've prevented us from using gift certificates to buy gift certificates! I thought I had it made.

------------------
Missing the Wings of Man, Whisperliners, and the overall civility in air travel!
Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:21 am

dbmaury: wow....thanks for the great info. Check your mailbox....you have two emails!

I got all except the pop-up when signing on to mypoints, and the email to do it.

on the pages you stated the link didn't come up, just keep hitting re-fresh, it'll show up. then click the link, and voila!

Thanks for sharing this great info.

Too bad can't pay for the gc with a gc, hehe

By the way......this can be done every 30 days

[This message has been edited by RoyNWAA (edited 03-13-2003).]
Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:50 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dbmaury:
Sorry to start a new thread, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw this:

There are actually 5 different Tupperware offers on the MyPoints website. Each one will earn you another 800 points if you do them.
</font>
You mean I have to remember how I previously earned my Tupperware points. This is too hard.

Well, if I happen to click a previously used link, then I guess I am only out $1 (which I can apply to a real purchase anyway).

I keep getting some Oracle error. Anyone else? Guess I will go try IE.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dbmaury:
If you want once you click on the tupp banners in tupperware you can
click on gc add $5 gc no shipping then go to cart and change it to
only $1!!!!!! Woo hoo you will have over 5,000 points!!!!!!
</font>
To save a step, just add the default $25 GC and change that to $1 in the shopping cart. This is a tremendous find. Thank you!!!!

[This message has been edited by cmccool (edited 03-13-2003).]
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:05 am

dbmaury: Awesome!

Folks, between the two accounts we have in this household, I purchased 12 gc's today. Got the 800 point pop-up window on each one Totally awesome!

Then I went through the MyPoints link to Tupperware to make an actual purchase. I bought the hamburger press for $9.99, less the 15% discount, add shipping $2.49, totaling $10.98. I used a mix of the gift certificates, and it accepted them.

Our net cash outlay, $12. Still have $.02 to use. (I gifted a $1 gc to a fellow FTer). We earned 9600 mypoints 7 $10 ($70) gift certs to Wal-Mart costs 9800 mypoints, all for $12, AND got a hamburger press to make those perfect sized burgers for the grille Gollllllyyyyy, I almost forgot, I get 12 FFM for buying these gift certs with the credit card !

Kicker: I get to earn 800 points on the purchase of the hamburger press. But phooey, can't get it since I've already earned the 800 points from all the gc purchases. So, save your gift certificates until after 30 days, then spend them. Or gift the 800 points to a fellow FTer (that's what I did).

I've learned so much from fellow FTers, it's great to give back

THANK YA THANK YA THANK YA
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:57 am

dbmaury,

Between both our household accounts was able to get 8,000 points for $10. Incredible find!!!!!

Thanks you Flyertalk I have aquired many Hilton points.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 1:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
The large banner offer says it excludes e-gift certificates. How were you able to get the points?
Old Mar 13, 2003, 1:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileKing:
The large banner offer says it excludes e-gift certificates. How were you able to get the points?</font>
I think the exclusion is on the 15% discount, not on the 800 points. I did five of these offers (different banners) this morning and got the 800 point message each time.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileKing:
The large banner offer says it excludes e-gift certificates. How were you able to get the points?</font>
MileKing, the e-gift certificates exclusion is right below "15% off everything at tupperware.com". No worries, many of us have gotten the 800 points offer.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The bridge page between mypoints ant tupperware clearly states this:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The 15% off sale does not include eGift Certificates. </font>
so we're fine with ordering the $1 certificates! I did this twice (main page big banner and the popup) I couldn't find the small main page banner.

Can we combine certificates for a single purchase? I'm already into these folks for a whole $2 -- that's double what I spent at Amtrak!

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 03-13-2003).]
Old Mar 13, 2003, 5:37 pm

I hit the main page link $1 Cert for 800 pts a few days ago.

This morning hit all 7 others:

$7 in Certs for 5,600 Mypoints.

Thanks guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.