Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Another twist on the Tupperware 800 MyPoints offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another twist on the Tupperware 800 MyPoints offer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2003, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
my account got disabled. i don't know if it was related to this tupperware thing or not, but i'd advise you guys to spend your points quickly. i'm pissed because i had about 5000 points in there before the tupperware offer that i hadn't spent yet.
Old Mar 23, 2003, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chriseng:
my account got disabled. i don't know if it was related to this tupperware thing or not, but i'd advise you guys to spend your points quickly. i'm pissed because i had about 5000 points in there before the tupperware offer that i hadn't spent yet.</font>
I've earned the Tupperware thing nine times, plus churned Zappos, Amtrak, and so on, and my account is still open.

It makes me wonder, can they just close accounts with earned points any time they feel like, and not award them? Whatever you might think, just clicking on links to earn all these points for buying tiny gift certificates, is not illegal or against the rules. There is nothing posted about minimum purchase amounts.

But is it ethical for a company to take all your points away, because they feel a few of them you didn't get legitimately? Doing that I think would open them up to lawsuits. Maybe taking away the questionable points while leaving your account open is more proper. But even then, we fullfilled our part by making multiple purchases, even if it's just $1 gift certificates. If they take away the 800 points, they should then give you back the dollar.

Old Mar 23, 2003, 8:41 pm

I still encounter a faulty "click here to receive your points" link after making my order. This has happened four times to me in total. Frustrating.

But hey, it is not like I am losing anything. I still get to spend my gift certificates later.
Old Mar 23, 2003, 8:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by burgerwars:
It makes me wonder, can they just close accounts with earned points any time they feel like, and not award them? ...

But is it ethical for a company to take all your points away, because they feel a few of them you didn't get legitimately? Doing that I think would open them up to lawsuits.
</font>
Ethical? Probably not. Completely legal? Absolutely. From the MyPoints "Terms of Service:"

- Member agrees not to abuse MyPoints® privileges by conduct which is detrimental to the interests of MyPoints.com...

- MyPoints.com reserves the right to terminate or disable, at MyPoints.com's sole discretion, any MyPoints® membership if MyPoints.com believes such Member has violated or acted inconsistently with the rules of MyPoints® or intent of this Agreement. Member understands and agrees disabling of membership will result in Member's inability to redeem and/or earn Points. Member understands and agrees termination of membership will result in the cancellation of all of Member's Points.

- AT ANY TIME EITHER MEMBER OR MYPOINTS.COM MAY TERMINATE MEMBER'S MEMBERSHIP WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE. MEMBER'S RIGHT TO USE MEMBER'S MEMBERSHIP IMMEDIATELY CEASES UPON TERMINATION AND MEMBER'S UNREDEEMED POINTS SHALL BE CANCELLED. (their CAPS not mine)

I agree that its a rotten thing to do - especially if someone has accrued a few thousand miles (and is too dumb to be transfering to another program &lt;points to self&gt; ), but you and I both know that ethics don't always mix with business.

SGM
Old Mar 24, 2003, 10:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rut Dog:
So to help clear up the confusion, I'd like to update waitress' list with jump inof as follows:[list]GOOD FOR 800 POINTS:
1) Homepage: Large banner on right side (258882) jump page
2) Shopping: Large banner on right side (258897) jump page
3) Earn Points: Large banner on right side (258887) jump page
4) Shopping: Medium banner in center, under "In the spotlight" (258931) jump page
5) Account Statement: Small banner under "Need more points?" (258907) jump page
6) Earn Points: Small banner under "Great offers" (238201) NO jump page
8) Pop-up when you first log into Mypoints (258913) jump page
9) Homepage: Small banner in center, perhaps like the spotlight one under shopping (probably 258946) NO jump page
</font>
I can verify:

1. #6 does work w/o the jump
2. #9 does NOT work with 258946
Old Mar 24, 2003, 12:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hsi.chang:
I can verify:

1. #6 does work w/o the jump
2. #9 does NOT work with 258946
</font>
That's odd. #9 as 258946 did indeed work for me, and the points have been posted, to both mine and Mrs. Rut Dog's accounts.

What type of message did you get at the end of your transaction?

Old Mar 24, 2003, 1:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rut Dog:
That's odd. #9 as 258946 did indeed work for me, and the points have been posted, to both mine and Mrs. Rut Dog's accounts.

What type of message did you get at the end of your transaction?

</font>
I got the "Login into Mypoints" loop.

Did the above two one after the other, the first worked fine.

Old Mar 24, 2003, 2:26 pm

Hello,
I am new to the boards but have been lurking a while. Long enough to have read about the Tupperware offer and manage to collect 5600 points!

I just wanted to say thank you to those posting info on this topic.

I also wanted to say that I received my Barnes and Noble gift cards today! Less than two weeks wait time, I am quite impressed with the speed.

Also, I know others have run into the perpetual login box. However, on my first time, I tried 7 different banners and after doing 5, the other two came up with the perpetual login.

This also happened to a friend that the Tupperware offer. Five banners and then perpetual login.

I don't believe we clicked on the same ones, and neither of us took very long ordering the $1 gift certs, so I don't think we were logged out for inactivity. Anyhow, just thought I would pass that along.

Thank you again!
Old Mar 24, 2003, 5:48 pm

I am now disabled, too.
I have been with this site since it opened as Bonus Mail! I hope I can get this reopened.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 7:16 am

A quick question... When your account is disabled do you get and e-mail or is there just a message when you try and log-on to your mypoints account?

Just wanting to know and hoping I will never have to see for my self and can learn from others.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 25, 2003, 7:35 am

I just found my account to be disabled this morning. I did not receive an e-mail from them and no explanation. I went to my mail box and clicked on an email from MYpoints to earn pts. by going to the wal-mart vacations site. I did this and got the sign in page, signed in and got the message : your account has been disabled.

I have sent them an e-mail and got an automated email response saying I would hear from them within 48 hrs. I will also try faxing them my driver's license but won't have access to a fax machine till Thursday. I hope this gets cleared up soon, I was anxious to see my points transfered to HH which I requested over the weekend.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boggie:
I just found my account to be disabled this morning. I did not receive an e-mail from them and no explanation. I went to my mail box and clicked on an email from MYpoints to earn pts. by going to the wal-mart vacations site. I did this and got the sign in page, signed in and got the message : your account has been disabled.

I have sent them an e-mail and got an automated email response saying I would hear from them within 48 hrs. I will also try faxing them my driver's license but won't have access to a fax machine till Thursday. I hope this gets cleared up soon, I was anxious to see my points transfered to HH which I requested over the weekend.
</font>
I wonder if this has something to do with multiple MyPoints accounts. I was axed by OpinionPlace.com, because they suspected I was submitting surveys for two American Airlines accounts from the same PC for the same household.
So far, with MyPoints, I'm still up and running, even though I've taken advantage of all the unusual free point offers posted here. But one thing I haven't done is use more than one account. It's just one account using one PC.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 10:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boggie:
I hope this gets cleared up soon, I was anxious to see my points transfered to HH which I requested over the weekend.</font>
I had done a transfer last week, too. It DID NOT go through. The reason I know this is that Mypoints sent me an email this morning - even though my account is disabled- (the sponsor kind for 5 points)and my old balance still shows. Nothing was deducted.

Old Mar 25, 2003, 12:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by burgerwars:
I wonder if this has something to do with multiple MyPoints accounts. I was axed by OpinionPlace.com, because they suspected I was submitting surveys for two American Airlines accounts from the same PC for the same household.
So far, with MyPoints, I'm still up and running, even though I've taken advantage of all the unusual free point offers posted here. But one thing I haven't done is use more than one account. It's just one account using one PC.
</font>
I only have one MYpoints account and no one else in my household has a MYpoints account. The only thing I did take advantage of was the Tupperware offers. All other points I earned from reading the emails sent to me from MYpoints. I suspect it is a system error on their part and will wait and see what happens. I emailed them this morning and called them this afternoon but was told to wait for a response to my e-mail. So I will wait 48 hrs. and call them again.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 1:00 pm

Afraid not. I just explained on the other thread that I got an email explaining I was closed out for using their site in a way that is detrimental to them! I only used the links that were provided by them for tupperware, none that were provided in posts or threads. It was their site that issued points, etc. I certainly did not hack my way through. I don't know if they will listen to reason. I sent them another email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.