Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Another twist on the Tupperware 800 MyPoints offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another twist on the Tupperware 800 MyPoints offer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2003, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
Thanks,
I can't remember where I clicked when I earned 800 points on the 1st, but I think it was the small icon on the home page.
But just now, I managed to do the large banner in the middle in shopping, the banner on the right in shopping, and the small icon in earn points. So 2,400 points for $3 bucks today. I'm not complaining.
But Zappos is history. It's a $40 minimum purchase today. And to add another insult, the small gift certificates I bought earlier will credit you in the shopping cart, but then aren't calculated at check-out.

Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:02 pm

Hmmm...if they keep this up long enough, one may well be able to get enough points for a UA round-trip ticket for about $50. This, of course, assumes:

1) It's around long enough
2) MyPoints/UAL are still in business.

Mike
Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
Can we combine certificates for a single purchase? I'm already into these folks for a whole $2 -- that's double what I spent at Amtrak!

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 03-13-2003).]
</font>
Sure can!
Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:25 pm

Here's what I've been able to find:

(the award id number that you'll see in the url for each banner is listed for reference in keeping track of them all, but I wouldn't suggest using them to try to cheat):

1) Homepage: Large banner on right side (258882)
2) Shopping: Large banner on right side (258897)
3) Earn Points: Large banner on right side (258887)
4) Shopping: Medium banner in center, under "In the spotlight" (258931)
5) Account Statement: Small banner under "Need more points?" (258907)
6) Earn Points: Small banner under "Great offers" (238201)

I also found two more that are currently not working, but may after Mypoints fixes the glitches they mention are occuring today (#6 above wasn't working before, but does now):

7) Shopping: Under "Merchant List", alphabetically under "T" (189245)
8) Pop-up when you first log into Mypoints (258913)

Mentioned above, but I haven't found:

9) Homepage: Small banner in center (perhaps like the spotlight one under shopping?)

#4 can take a LOT of reloading to get to show, and #8 took even longer (I'm leaving the pop-up open until I get it to work, because this is the first time I've seen it all day)
Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:38 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, Alaska MVPG100K, Marriott Titanium Elite
Hate to see it but I think they are on to us, you now get an Oracle error when clicking on the links.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:42 pm

That may just be part of the problems they've been having all day. In my post above, #6 was giving me the Oracle error all afternoon, and then finally worked.

We'll see. I hope to get a few more of these to work!
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Waitress, just got done with #7 - was about to report that it works just fine. I finished the transaction, and clicked to get the points, was taken to a sign in window. It didn't take my sign in. Another computer snafu, I guess. How will I recoup the points?

Thank you for the comprehensive list. I only wish I had it last night. I am sure I missed one or two, but don't want to seek them out! BTW, when they say it's available monthly, does that mean we can try again April 1? Or is it a month from last try?

------------------
Missing the Wings of Man, Whisperliners, and the overall civility in air travel!
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:16 pm

Looks like we've kept Mypoints programmers busy. They're definitely working on the Tupperware links.

I also just did #7 and was asked to login too. Probably have to write it off as a 'loss'.

[This message has been edited by radi (edited 03-13-2003).]
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
It seems clear that FlyerTalk is being monitored by MyPoints. Remember that when posting.

I also suspect the broken links are not part of the technical problems they've been having, but are stop gap measures.

Imagine you are MyPoints and you read this thread. Yet you have a contract with Tupperware that guarantees them members won't get the 800 points more than once a month.

So you take action immediately to plug the hole and minimize your liability exposure. You'll deal with fixing the multiple offers manana. All in a day's work.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat thanks to FT; Hilton Silver VIP
Just completed 6 different offers, had a few errors because I don't think the site liked my netscape, but otherwise no problems. Still looks good. We'll see when the points post.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:20 am

#7 does exist, but it is just a hyperlink - no image, so it does not mention 800 points anywhere.
And, #10 Shopping-&gt;FoodRestaurants - in the left column, it does not mention 800 points either.
Someone cares to check these, I've already waisted couple of $$s today.

Addictive it is..
Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:29 am

The new Tupperware twist is over. Just a couple days after the Zappos hole, MyPoints plugged this one really quick. Don't try anymore. They started plugging it around 7PM Pacific Time.

I recommend we use our own PRIVATE email user group for communication of these loopholes. MyPoints is very quick at closing these loopholes, we need to find a better way to communicate.

[This message has been edited by eyemd_2020 (edited 03-14-2003).]
Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:54 am

you all should try using netscape
Old Mar 14, 2003, 1:21 am

I checked the link from the merchant list. No dice. I ordered a gift certificate, but no pop-up.

By the way, try netscape for what? I don't know what you're trying to say.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 1:25 am

try using netscape to order the $1 gc and you will get the pop-up or a link to click on to get the 800 points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.