Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

email? - "Congratulations on 1st MyPoints Reward!"

Old Mar 26, 03, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1MM UA

I got an email today that congratulated me on my first MyPoints Reward. I did not recently get a MyPoints Reward. I got one
maybe three months ago and it was certainly
not my first. I checked my balance and no points were missing. Did this happen to anyone else?
Old Mar 26, 03, 9:58 am

It happened to me, but I just transferred points to HH. However it was not my first redemption as well
Old Mar 26, 03, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG P75, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Got the mail also today, after a redemption a few weeks ago (then my first). Seems like another glitch...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 26, 03, 10:18 am

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
I got this e-mail today also. I have not had a redemption in over a year. No points missing though.
Old Mar 26, 03, 10:28 am

Got same message...another 5 points!
Old Mar 26, 03, 11:06 am

I think their system is a bit messed up. I think I got this email several times.
Old Mar 26, 03, 11:30 am

Same here, while I've done several redemptions over the last year…

A week or what earlier I received an email from their customer service department telling me (in general terms, not referring specifically to my account or me) that an account will be disabled if it is abused, specifically mentioning referring non-existing new members.
It has been months since the last time I referred anybody and unless buying many 1$ Tupperware GC's is deemed "abuse" there is no reason for them to suspect I abuse(d) the system.
All my transfers before and after that strange email went OK (four transfers totaling 16000points), so I suspect another glitch in their system. Yet another reason to transfer points out as soon as my balance reaches 1000.
Old Mar 26, 03, 11:55 am

ql2112

Were all your redemptions from the same account? If they were from different accounts, how much time elapsed between each redemption? I have heard that accounts have been disabled when redemptions are made within a short time period from accounts with the same last name. What has been your experience?
Old Mar 26, 03, 12:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cak144:
ql2112

Were all your redemptions from the same account? If they were from different accounts, how much time elapsed between each redemption? I have heard that accounts have been disabled when redemptions are made within a short time period from accounts with the same last name. What has been your experience?
</font>
All redemptions were from the same account.
I don't have exact details available, but if memory serves me right my first redemption from my account was Dec 2002 (sometime after last year's Amtrak offer), which resulted in a disabled account. After faxing a copy of my driver's license the account was enabled again and the points went through to my HHonors account.
Over the last couple of weeks I did three transfers, the first after the Amtrak offer. These points took two weeks to post. This is slower than expected since HHonors transfers are supposed to be processed every week (Thursday). Several people suffered this unexpected delay, which was discussed in another thread on this board (see here). The other two transfers went through as expected, within a week. The last transfer went through last week.

[edited to struggle with those **** UBB codes, twice!]

[This message has been edited by ql2112 (edited 03-26-2003).]
Old Mar 26, 03, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 75K, UA 1MM
Received same e-mail for another 5 points.

Howdy, ql2112! Was able to visit home [Stamford] two (2) weeks ago to attend cousin's wedding reception. Caught some clear, but cool, weekend weather. That was a good thing as we went for a little cruise on the Sound. Departed from Cos Cob and had a very lovely time.
Old Mar 26, 03, 3:48 pm
Original Member

I got the same message today. Just chalked it up to another of MyPoints quirks. I never know what to expect with that bunch!
Old Mar 26, 03, 4:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold (Finally!)
I had the same situation as Massimum ... got a HHonors transfer a couple weeks ago, and just did it again recently -- then got the e-mail this morning congratulating me on my first reward. Hey, I'll take those free points.
Old Mar 27, 03, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I got the "Congratulations" e-mail the 1st time I redeemed points but never got it on subsequent point redemptions.
Old Mar 27, 03, 9:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boobeary:
I got the "Congratulations" e-mail the 1st time I redeemed points but never got it on subsequent point redemptions.</font>
I also received the same, but what the heck 5 points are 5 points, so even if in error, thank you MyPoints

Search this Thread