Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

My "MyPoints Morning" Summary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2003, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards

I haven't been able to spend time on points/miles opportunities for quite a while now, so was glad to see all the great MyPoints info in this forum! To summarize for others who also might be looking to catch-up on opportunities, this morning I purchased 3 separate $1.00 e-certs from Tupperware (2400 points by utilizing 3 different links as mentioned in this forum), bought the upcoming special edition There's Something About Mary (I love that movie!) from Foxstore for $4.49 after using the ICEMP2 code referenced in this forum (1000 points) and bought the $1.00 Orlando-Kisseemee rail ticket (only wish I was there instead of in icy Cleveland) from Amtrak (2450 points), this $1.00 ticket also mentioned in this forum! Thanks to everyone :-)!!!
Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Did you buy the Amtrak ticket *today*? That's what I think your post says. I already have my ticket from Greensboro to High Point (and my points) but I thought that they'd upped the minimum dollar purchase amount to $25. Did you get the popup box? If so, please let us know if the points post!

I have to go -- I have to get the last two Tupperware $1 GCs ;-) ...
Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
Yes, I purchased the Amtrak ticket today, and got the pop-up box... I should have added in my original post that I got the pop-up box for all of the transactions I mentioned, but of course no points have posted yet... I have faith, tho, that getting the pop-up box (and keeping a screen-shot copy of that) means the points will indeed appear one day

Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
It has definitely been a good MyPoints run. Mrs. Frugal and I just confirmed the final posting of 10K HHonors points gained via the wonderful suggestions found in this forum.

Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
SharonLPK,
Definitely do let us know if the 2,450 points post from the $1 Amtrak ticket you purchased today. I think RoyNWAA confirmed from the previous thread that he never received points after the minimum went to $25.

Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:17 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Even though I did not expect it to work, I tried buying the Amtrak Ticket today, and did not get the pop-up message. Though, I do now have a 1 way ticket from Berkly to Oakland. It probably will not come in handy as that I live in Lancaster PA
Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:21 am

where do i find the link for the amtrak deal?
thanks
Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Want 4800 points? The 6 links for the 800 point Tupperware deals are here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum.../002003-4.html

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 03-14-2003).]
Old Mar 15, 2003, 8:32 am
Original Poster

*All* of the points from yesterday's transactions posted into my account last night -- all of them!! The Fox, the Amtrak, and all the Tupperware, thanks sooo much to everyone for their tips and insights

Old Mar 15, 2003, 8:56 am

how much did you do the amtrak for and how many points??
Old Mar 15, 2003, 2:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07

Pay attention, happens31!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SharonLPK:
bought the $1.00 Orlando-Kisseemee rail ticket (only wish I was there instead of in icy Cleveland) from Amtrak (2450 points), this $1.00 ticket also mentioned in this forum! Thanks to everyone :-)!!!</font>
Old Mar 15, 2003, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SharonLPK:
I haven't been able to spend time on points/miles opportunities for quite a while now, so was glad to see all the great MyPoints info in this forum! To summarize for others who also might be looking to catch-up on opportunities, this morning I purchased 3 separate $1.00 e-certs from Tupperware (2400 points by utilizing 3 different links as mentioned in this forum), bought the upcoming special edition There's Something About Mary (I love that movie!) from Foxstore for $4.49 after using the ICEMP2 code referenced in this forum (1000 points) and bought the $1.00 Orlando-Kisseemee rail ticket (only wish I was there instead of in icy Cleveland) from Amtrak (2450 points), this $1.00 ticket also mentioned in this forum! Thanks to everyone :-)!!!</font>
Your account is like mine. But in addition to the Ice Man code, I also used the XMEN 1.5 code for another 1000 points on an inexpensive VHS tape ($3.00 off but no free shipping on that one).
Plus I purchased about a half a dozen Zappos gift certificates from 10 cents to $1.00 for 500 points each (that offer is long gone, since now they require a $40 minimum purchase). From 3/1/03 through yesterday, I did the six Tupperware links for 4,800 points. Also, earlier this month I booked a "dream trip" from Kirkwood, Missouri to St. Louis on Amtrak on 5/1/03 for $1.28. But Amtrak I no longer see in the list of MyPoints merchants. If they come back at some time in the future with no minimum, we might get another 2,450 points.
I do wish to repeat a word of warning here. Don't click directly on MyPoints links posted here, or respond to MyPoints offers in e-mail, forwarded to you by another member. They've been closing accounts for this, from what I've heard. You don't want to lose your hard-earned points by doing this!

Old Mar 15, 2003, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Oh well, I missed Amtrak (again) since it's 3/15 and I believe that's the date my recently deleted e-mail stated. I never did it last week because people said that points had not posted for the purchase after the minimum purchase requirement increased. Glad you guys at least got to benefit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.