Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Mypoints 2,450 Points for booking online with Amtrak

Old Feb 25, 03, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

A good mypoints opportunity. Received an e-mail offering 2,450 Points for booking online with Amtrak.com and 50 Points for enrolling in Amtrak Guest Rewards program. Requires using code H304 to purchase ticket. I also added fare type senior for lowest rate.

The lowest fare I found is $2.55, from Berkley to Oakland.

Old Feb 25, 03, 11:41 pm

Excellent find indeed!!!
Old Feb 26, 03, 1:15 am

There're more in this offer:
"Earn 50 Points PLUS
1,000 Amtrak Guest Rewards Points When You Enroll Online!
Amtrak Guest RewardsAs a MyPoints member, you've seen the value of being rewarded for your everyday activities. Now you can earn even more rewards with Amtrak Guest Rewards, the Amtrak frequent traveler program. You'll earn 50 Points, plus up to 1,000 Amtrak Guest Rewards points* when you enroll online. Join now and use enrollment code FB03P!
*You must travel aboard Amtrak within 90 days of registration in order to earn the 500 Amtrak Guest Rewards points for using enrollment code FB03P, and 500 points for enrolling in the Amtrak Guest Rewards program online."
And, Amtrak points can be transferred 1:1 into United or Continental in increments of 5000.
The only questions is: do we really have to travel from Oakland to Berkeley, wouldn't just buying the ticket suffice ? How do they ever know if we show up for the train ?
Old Feb 26, 03, 8:00 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG
What dates and times for the $2.55 Berkley to Oakland fare? I tried various and get $8.26.
Old Feb 26, 03, 8:11 am

Great way to start the morning: easiest points earned since the previous Amtrak promotion .
I hope the points show up as quickly as last time.
Old Feb 26, 03, 8:34 am
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I'm having trouble finding this offer.

Link?

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Feb 26, 03, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileageAddict:
I'm having trouble finding this offer.

Link?

</font>
Go to Earn Points, then Travel Center. It will be under More Great Offers. If it isn't, go back one page and then back into Travel Center until it shows up.
Old Feb 26, 03, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I found the Amtrak offer, but I can't seem to bring up the $2.85 fare either...
Old Feb 26, 03, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Try BKY-OKJ. Fare is $4.00, 25% discount with H304 code. The $2.55 fare is a student fare. Must book out at least 10 days to avoid express delivery charge of $9.00.
Old Feb 26, 03, 11:04 am

Programs: CO Plat; Delta Plat; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Couldn't find the $2.85 fare so I booked a $6 fare from GAC to SJC. Easy 2,450 points!
Old Feb 26, 03, 11:10 am

Programs: AA PLT (1MM); SPG GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by neophyte:
The only questions is: do we really have to travel from Oakland to Berkeley, wouldn't just buying the ticket suffice ? How do they ever know if we show up for the train ?</font>
Check the Amtrak forum, and you'll see that you do actually need to show up in order to get credit with Amtrak Guest Rewards. You may not need to show up in order to get credit with MyPoints, but why risk it?

Old Feb 26, 03, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cactuspete:
The $2.55 fare is a student fare. Must book out at least 10 days to avoid express delivery charge of $9.00.</font>
The senior fare is also $2.55.

More points to Hilton. Amtrak is my friend.

Old Feb 26, 03, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Oh, I get it... you have to book it as a one-way (i.e. don't put in return dates). There is automatic confirmation from MyPoints!
Old Feb 26, 03, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Yes, quite a deal. As said in past Amtrak offer, Canadian residents must choose manned stations and at the billing screen opt for ticket pick up at station. Found ANA-LAX with the H304 promo for $6 and after completing the reservation, immediately got the pop up window saying 'congrats, you've just earned 2450 MyPoints, which would appear in my occount overnight'. Seems like an odd amount, though. I mean, why not an even 2500? I'll take it just the same, don't get me wrong.

And thanks for the heads-up on this promo!
Old Feb 26, 03, 12:15 pm

Thanks.

I got the Berkeley to Oakland fare for $3; no senior or student discount for me but I tried! What a great promo. The fare was better than the AAA rate I would normally book.

[This message has been edited by cmccool (edited 02-26-2003).]

Search this Thread