Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

IDINE : Opinions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2002, 7:05 am
Original Poster

I consider myself a newbie/point junkie. Received an ad with my Delta statement to sign up for this dining program. 10 miles per dollar spent. For those who may be enrolled, what is your opinion? Are you happy with the restaurants and are the points posted quickly?
Old Mar 1, 2002, 7:11 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I've been happy with iDine.. I have two cards signed up and have always received the points for dining. There can be a bit of delay in posting, I think they only post them tonce a month. Just be sure to check the restaurant list on www.idine.com frequently as some places seem to join and drop off frequently.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:20 am
BSL

I'm a big fan. We have about 5 restaurants within 3 blocks of my office. So they have a guaranteed once a month customer for them.

BSL
Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:34 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Idine is wonderful for us. We have many restaurants to choose from. I do keep a list of where I have dined, as every once in a while a restaurant doesn't post and I have to call Idine.

As Hauteboy said: register more than one of your credit cards so you can dine more than once a month at your favorites. Then on your list make a notation of which card you used so that you can use another card second time around.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:51 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
The idine program is great. Unfortunately in El Paso there are only a handful of restaurants that participate , but whenever I travel, I carry with me a list of participating restaurants. You can easily add 1,000+ miles on a business trip at no extra cost to you or the company. I always try to lobby the restaurants here to join by writing on the credit card slip "please join www.freshcustomers.com
Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:52 am

One of the best uses of restaurant points is topping off accounts. If you only need, say, 450 miles for an award, a $45 meal is a quick and efficient way to get them.

And if you're topping off and terminating the account, IDINE is terrific. You can practically get the exact number of miles needed for the award and close the account without worrying that you lost orphan miles.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Big fan. Painless. Basically free miles. There are many threads here (with all the shuffling I don't knowwhere to tell you to look) and in the various airline fora if you would like some additional info (check AA and DL).
Old Mar 1, 2002, 9:16 am

Paradocs:

I was under the impression you got credit for 1 time each month - regardless of which credit card you used. Have you actually received double by using a different card, or are you speculating?
Old Mar 1, 2002, 9:50 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What I do is that I have one card registered with DL and the other one with AA. That way if I find myself, which in El Paso has happened only once, I can get miles on both occasions.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 10:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I do it every month. All miles currently go to AA for me and DL for my husband. I have spoken several times to IDINE CRs and they say it is perfectly fine to do. You could also do as JFE says above.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by VolleyballFerd:
Paradocs:

I was under the impression you got credit for 1 time each month - regardless of which credit card you used. Have you actually received double by using a different card, or are you speculating?
</font>
Old Mar 1, 2002, 10:25 am

Excellent program. I have gotten probably 25-30M free miles over the past year by using it.

One thing I wish were available, though I may have missed it. Some kind of application for my handheld that I can use to find restaurants (the paper guide has dated info as restaurants are constantly being added).
Old Mar 1, 2002, 10:32 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can download the results from iDine into your handheld using AvantGo. It stores the results of your queries so you can view them at a later time. www.avantgo.com And it's free.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 10:50 am

Great Programs, works for me since I have an idea where to dine if I am in a new town, but like paradocs pointed out, make sure you save a list of places you have dined. I have had to call and fax them a few times to get my miles posted (with CO and NW).
Old Mar 1, 2002, 3:15 pm
KLR

Programs: AA Plat for life, DL Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
iDine is great! I consider it one the best ways to earn a nice amount of miles without having to do much. I especially liked being able to purchase gift certificates for gifts at Christmas time and still get the miles. I've only had one instance where the miles did not post, but fortunately I still had the M/C receipt and it was taken care of. I only wish that they didn't have the $600 per mo. limit, the restaurant that caters our company Christmas party is on the list, but at least I got 6000 miles.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 4:03 pm

I recently switched from United to Delta IDINE programs - I guess I should have simply signed up separately for Delta. I guess I'll re-up with UAL, and change the credit cards.

Thanks Paradocs and jfe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.