Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Post Your GOLDPOINTS Success Stories Here ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2002, 12:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver

The GoldPoints triple points promo in late 2001 was one of the best promos to come along in quite a while. Given the overwhelming response, and the fact that from the outset points were promised within 30 business days of the transaction, I believe that GoldPoints has done a very good job in trying to straighten out accounts and award the points that were promised. And I have every confidence that everything will work out in the long run. If I don't receive every point that I expected, it has nonetheless been a great promo. However, because the vast majority of the posts here on FT are negative, I felt that it was time to hear about the successes. Post your GoldPoints success stories here (save the whining and threats of litigation for the other thread):

I renewed a few magazines, bought a few Hallmark gift certificates for some off-line purchases that I had already planned, and bought a few holiday gifts. I had to make a few phone calls and e-mail inquiries, and so far all but one relatively small transaction has posted correctly. All mileage redemptions have been processed promptly and smoothly. I was a GoldPoints customer long before the triple points promo, and GoldPoints is now my first choice as a shopping portal.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 12:37 pm

i like *****ing and all, but the fact remains that my first posting to MilesBUZZ (Fly the Concorde for $1111) was a VERY positive experience.

just read that post of mine and i think you can pick up the joy beaming from the computer screen
Old Jan 29, 2002, 1:06 pm

Not all of my points were posted initially, however one email to CS and I had all of my points from Hallmark adjusted accordingly within a few days. I'm happy!
Old Jan 29, 2002, 1:11 pm

Bought less than 50 bucks in mags. One purchase in late Nov, one mid Dec. The Dec. posted first, Nov. posted about 6 weeks after purchase. Both posted triple points.
GP is my shopping portal of choice also.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 1:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Had to call in for some of my Valuemag points; however, I did 50% of my Christmas shopping through Goldpoints. I collected points. The products arrived on time and in good condition. AND I netted 45K miles.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 1:40 pm

All of my United miles have posted and yesterday I even received my first copies of some of my magazines. Still have some Hallmark certificates for my wife to play with. It was a great deal.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
I've been using GoldPoints as a shopping portal for about a year now, mainly for LL Bean purchases. Usually the points post very quickly. Sometimes I've had to work a little(email, fax) to get them to post. But I've always gotten the points I've expected.
With the ValueMags promotion, I've gotten most of the points I expected, just in confusing quantities. Now I'm awaiting an explanation for the postings.
I have used GoldPoints before, and will use them again. Really, no complaints. And they post very quickly to your airline of choice.

Old Jan 29, 2002, 1:47 pm

I bought about $70 of magazines, primarily as Christmas presents and got my points within the week. I'm gonna use them to top off whatever account needs miles when claiming an award next. Excellent promo and excellent customer service.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 1:59 pm

Goldpoints.com is my favorite shopping site. All of my purchases have posted. The Valumag and Hallmark were great promotions. Customer Service was very helpful.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
I'd say that I've done fairly well so far. I've received 282k GP points thanks to GP's service. I'm still short about 250k but I feel confident that GP will come thru on this. GP and Mr. Schrum have copies of my missing points.

I've ordered items during this month and received the points within a few days. My wife earned 22k GP points buying some things and recieved her points within a few days.

I plan on using GP as my "portal" for shopping as often as possible. I will start buying paper certs from giftcert.com as soon as my points from December are posted. You can't beat the 300-store exposure that these certs have.

I hope GP is able to hang on as we've seen others go away, i.e. Clickrewards.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 2:13 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
It took some prodding, but all my points posted eventually and after that, the automatic conversion to AAdvantage miles took about 1 week.

WooHoo, upgrade ANY international fare!
Old Jan 29, 2002, 2:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by phoenixitc:
I will start buying paper certs from giftcert.com as soon as my points from December are posted. You can't beat the 300-store exposure that these certs have. </font>
FYI, gift certs thru Hallmark no longer earn GoldPoints.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 3:12 pm

No complaints here. Everything is correct now. Had to call CS about something unrelated this past week and they could not have been of any more help in any respect.
They are the best value for getting miles for shopping even without any special promotions.

Sure wish they would become an affilate of Target and Old Navy. That would be sweeeeeeeet!
Old Jan 29, 2002, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fscher:
Sure wish they would become an affilate of Target and Old Navy. That would be sweeeeeeeet!</font>
Well, Target was one of the places I got gift certificates for via Hallmark, so...

I have gotten everything due to me. It took a call, an email, and a fax to get my Hallmark points to post properly.. but they did.

My conversion to miles went through (with possibly a bonus . . .)

No complaints.

I'm waiting, though, for future disappointment because, in chat, Randy said that we might as well let the goldpoints bookmark expire. I wonder what he meant?
Old Jan 29, 2002, 3:23 pm

I bought $450 of magazines, 1/2 I needed anyway for business. The points posted promptly. What a great deal! Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.