Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints Holiday Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MyPoints Holiday Post

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2002, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

MyPoints Holiday Post

Is it just me? I purchased many purchases through the mypoints website to qualify for bonus points based on spending. Only two posted correctly. I finally got one purchase from November to post after emailing and finally faxing, but they posted it to January. Should I *think* they will know to count this in the Nov/Dec bonus calculation? I have requested the fax number (since I no longer have it) to send proof of purchases but I get no response. Does anyone have it handy? Does anyone have similar experience with this special holiday promotion?

Thank you everyone!
Old Jan 8, 2002, 4:03 pm

Programs: CO Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
Oh-oh. I spent about $300 through my points in December and none of the points have posted yet. I think I read that they have 20 days to post, so i haven't contacted them yet. I may be a bit early for the bonus points, since the promo ran through 12/31.

There have been some negative things said about MyPoints on the boards. I hope we have good luck.

Tanya
Old Jan 8, 2002, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Please check the Radisson board for alot of info on missing points from Goldpoints
Old Jan 8, 2002, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I was planning on making a spread sheet of my purchases so when they post the additional points at the end of February I can see if they have it correct. I don't have their fax #, but the phone number is:
415/676-3700. Good luck.
Old Jan 8, 2002, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the phone number! I'll give it a shot.
Old Jan 11, 2002, 11:23 am

Now that the holidays are over, I was trying to follow up on my points purchases too, but I've misplaced the rules and couldn't find an answer on their webiste. Could someone please tell me the exact shopping dates?
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 11, 2002, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

The qualifying period was 11/01 to 12/31. Good luck though. I think 5 of my 8 purchases did not post and I've had to send photocopies of my purchases. Since the more you spent the more your point multiplier was I'll believe it when I see them post. They make it so hard to get these points! It's almost not worth it. (Note I said almost...)
Old Jan 12, 2002, 9:06 am

Location: Boston, MA, USA--The home of the World Champion New England Patriots
MyPoints is without a doubt the worst of the shopping portals that are availabe to us and I avoid them at all costs. Of course I had to find this out the hard way. There customer service is a joke. They treat us like adversaries and do everything they can to make it difficult for us. They just don't get it!!! Some one needs to explain to them that while we (the customer) may be a pain in the ... that without us they don't have a company or a job. This is just my opinion but you are asking for frustration in dealing with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.