Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Milesbar Question

Milesbar Question

Old Jun 6, 01, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Milesbar Question

Im getting mad at this MilesBar. They have deducted the ammount of miles you get for referells. And to top it off, they deducted miles that I already got from my referells. I dropped about 80 miles.

------------------
DALATL
FLY DELTA JETS
Old Jun 6, 01, 12:31 pm

Have you called Delta or any other airline and asked if they have ever heard of milesbar and asked if milesbar "miles" will transfer to the airline as frequent flier miles? You may be even madder at milesbar when you get your answer!
Old Jun 6, 01, 2:56 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by DALATL:
Im getting mad at this MilesBar. They have deducted the ammount of miles you get for referells. And to top it off, they deducted miles that I already got from my referells. I dropped about 80 miles.
</font>
You think you have it bad, I lost just over 24,000 miles!!! I emailed them about this retroactive adjustment and expect them to return the points or I'm through with them.

I'm beginning to hate these dorm room businesses....

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop
Old Jun 10, 01, 10:15 pm

Gee, should I be surprised that I have not received a reply to my email? Even if they feel it is in their right to rip me off, I should at least be told why they changed their point earning procedure for referrals.

------------------
Old Jun 10, 01, 10:56 pm

Actually, you probably WILL eventually receive a reply to your email but it will be a generic "we exist because of you and we are working to better serve you" email (they are very good at writing those but never seem to resolve any problems).
I have called Northwest Airlines (one of the airlines milesbar states miles may be transferred to) and the response from NWA is ... "hunh? milesbar? what's that?"
Old Jun 12, 01, 1:37 pm

Anyone participating in the "Milesbar" site should take note (especially those paying $12.95 per month for "elite" levels).
Milesbar shows, on their opening webpage screen, the Northwest Airlines logo (rotating with other airline logos). Also, under the FAQ Section, "Elite Platinum Membership Questions," "Q: How can I transfer miles to my designated frequent flyer program account" ... milesbar states in the next question "The 1-to-1 ratio applies to the frequent flyer programs of Continental, NORTHWEST, (other airlines).

According to Mary Beth Schubert, Director of Corporate Communications of Northwest Airlines, "NORTHWEST AIRLINES DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN MILESBAR."

Old Jun 13, 01, 9:53 am

Has anyone received a refund of their monthly payments from milesbar? The product or service that we purchased is not what we are receiving. I was supposed to receive a refund until the milesbar was up and running but I never did. I am now going to cancel the account. I am assuming that the best procedure is to go through the credit card company. Has anyone canceled and got refunded from either milesbar or their cc company? This company is one pack of lies we should all cancel.
Old Jun 13, 01, 6:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
I tried to cancel the account, but they do not reply to the email and continue to charge me. I am reporting them to BBB
Old Jun 13, 01, 11:33 pm

Please view the message thread under
"An open letter from S. Chenowith / milesbar"

As far as cancelling your account, good luck. Many people are reporting that their credit cards are continuing to be billed after cancellation.
Old Jun 14, 01, 1:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by MileageAddict:
You think you have it bad, I lost just over 24,000 miles!!! I emailed them about this retroactive adjustment and expect them to return the points or I'm through with them.

I'm beginning to hate these dorm room businesses....
</font>
Perhaps if you believe this to be a disreputable service, you should remove your link to their site. Why allow your wonderful board to continue to be associated with this scam.com? Perhaps you are holding out the removal of your link as a negotiating point.

Thank goodness I used Amex private payments for my registration fee, so they only stole one month's fee!
Old Jun 14, 01, 4:38 pm

Programs: BD / BA / AF
See further details at the bottom of

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000961.html

Old Jun 16, 01, 2:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Davenola:
Actually, you probably WILL eventually receive a reply to your email but it will be a generic "we exist because of you and we are working to better serve you" email</font>
Yup. Got that today. There was a personal note at the top mentioning they are looking into the accounts that lost their referral points but no promise of when it will be fixed. They have until the end of June and then I yank them off Mileage Workshop and cut my losses.

------------------
Old Jun 20, 01, 8:17 am

Location: way east&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
I contacted milesbar last week to cancel my platinum membership and received a polite confirming e-mail the next day. the following day I received a confirming e-mail from payments.com. Two business days later the only two payments i had made so far came off of my credit card.
I cancelled becasue I read this thread and a nanother about MB not stopping the payments when requested. I think the prompt response I received may have been thanks to you guys making noise! I be interested in hearing if anyone else has since had success in canclelling, especially if you were having difficulty before.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: