Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MILES THROUGH your MILEAGE CC....

Old Feb 16, 01, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP- 2MM

OK I'm so excited just found this site to good to be true... I need some feedback on this one...... (reminds me of PayPal when it first started out.....)
www.ecount.com (similar to paypal)

They offer a FREE MasterCard-Debit Account

the only fees involved are $ 1 if you fund your account with a CC (charged as a purchase called and verified.....)

you'll get an actual Plastic Mastercard for a one time fee of $ 6.95

If you use the ecount Mastercard to withdraw Cash at an ATM (Max. of $ 300 a day....) there is another $ 1 fee....

So if I read all the legal terms correctly.... you could use this site to charge big $$$ to your Mieleage CC and get a $ 300 cash advance and 300 MILES everyday..... for a little more than $ 1...

This seems awesume for everybody not carying a balance on their FFM CC.....

LMK what you think of this one..... I'll give it a shot....
Old Feb 16, 01, 1:31 am
Original Poster

UPDATE:

I called them again.....

It's NOT even against their User Agreement to do the Cash advantages.....

The deposit limit from your CC is $ 1000 a day (once you verified your Street adress) up to $ 2000 a month

According to my calculations:

the initial fee of $ 6.95 for the card...

If you can find a MAC Machine without a FEE you'll get an easy 2000 miles a month for $ 10... ($ 18 if your local MAC machines charge you an additional $ 1 for withdrawls....)

$ 1 for charging $ 1000 to your Mielage CC twice a month...... $ 2

$ 8 for withdrawing $ 300 from your account 8 times....

+++++ $ 2000 in Cash you can get some interest on in the mean time....

Old Feb 16, 01, 9:21 am

so if my calculations are correct, it's $9 per 2000 miles/month, (it's acutally 7 withdrawals, not 8)
That works out to $112.50 per 25,000 miles.
Not a bad price for a roundtrip ticket...
Old Feb 17, 01, 2:28 pm

Thanks a million for finding this. I'm thinking of cutting out the ATM all together. Tell me what you think. I fund $2000 a month, my mom funds $2000 per month. We send it to each other and pull it out in checks and pay off our Credit cards. What do you think? Miminal fees and I don't see anything wrong.
Old Feb 17, 01, 2:48 pm

Actually digging around, I think I can fund this thing and then request a $2000 check each month for $3 in monthly fees.
Old Feb 17, 01, 3:13 pm
Original Member

Check out www.C2it.com.

It has much greater mileage earning possibilities with far fewer restrictions.

The concept was discussed in greater detail in an earlier Buzz post.

Old Feb 19, 01, 1:26 pm

I would recommend caution in using this approach to accrue miles. These companies catch on rather quickly. If they see that you are using their service to transmit money to yourself (or someone with the same last name), they will reverse the transactions and cancel your account. I know of several people who have had this happen to them. The companies also threaten legal action agaist you when they cancel your account.

The thing to remember is that these services were set up primarily for casual use... i.e., sending a few hunded dollars here and there over a period of a month. Sending the maximum limit over and over again every time you are able starts bells ringing and lights flashing on their systems - as well it should, if they are looking out for potential fraud.

The moral of the story - it may work for a very short period of time, but in the long run they'll figure it out and reverse the transactions... or worse.
Old Feb 19, 01, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

That was true for PayPal, Exchangepath, however I called up ecount and asked them! IT IS NOT AGAINST THEIR POLICY TO USE THE SERVICE TO GET CASH ADVANNCES ON YOUR CREDIT CARD.... After all you have to pay a few $$ in fees for using their service....
Old Apr 5, 01, 3:44 pm

Ecount just terminated my account. I did not know that I did anything against their rules, but I guess I did. I only used it once, but at least I got 998 miles for $1. The CSR told me I could not write a check to myself or someone at my address. In order to make this work you need 2 people with different names at 2 different addresses. Maybe they are catching onto the drill! They accused me of doing it for a cheaper interest rate than a cash advance would have been, little did they know I did it for the miles. Maybe this will help someone else set up an account.
Old Apr 5, 01, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Yeah my account got terminated as well..... I specifically called and asked and the Rep told me it's not against their policy to get cash advantages.....

However a week later I get a message to call them..... They tell me it is against their rules and terminate my account....

Screwed up company

Oh well I @ least got 1000 miles out of it....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: