Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

$25 Gift Certificate for $10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2000, 12:59 pm
DH
Original Poster

Buy $10 worth of stuffs like soap, OTC medicine, tooth paste, and etc at More.com and get $25 800GiftCertificate.com certificate which can be redeemed for $25 AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Bed Bath & Beyond, Bloomingdale's, Marshall, and other gift certificates.

BTW this offer is for NEW MORE CUSTOMERS and US residents only.

------------------
For money savings ideas & tips check ValueConsumer.com

[This message has been edited by DH (edited 07-09-2000).]
Old Jul 8, 2000, 4:22 pm
Original Member

I did this a few weeks ago. I ordered shampoo, toothpaste etc....things I have to buy anyway. The package arrived in a few days with the gift cert from 800giftcertificate inside. There is a phone # on it to call to pick out what gift cert. you want to use it on, (I chose Blockbuster). This is a good deal. Go for it.

More.com
Old Jul 8, 2000, 10:36 pm

We should start a conga. With each person using the person's above link and making a purchase of $25 or more, we will both get a $25 gift certificate. Here is mine. Sorry, you will have to cut and paste. I dont know how to hyperlink.
http://www.more.com/index.html?refso...weam%40aol.com
Old Jul 9, 2000, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, HH expired!, "Good Kid Club" (Silver)
Just to check, it looks like $25 off after you purchase $25 of stuff. (Still a good deal for Stateside folk.) Also, where did it mention referrals?

Just curious...
Old Jul 9, 2000, 7:37 pm
DH
Original Poster

FYI, once you become More.com's customer, you can refer your friends and earn $25 GC per referral. CLICK HERE for referral page.

There are two offers; Spend $10 & Get $25 GC and Spend $25 & Get $25 GC

------------------
For money savings ideas & tips check ValueConsumer.com
Old Jul 9, 2000, 8:06 pm

Kid,
The gift certificate is to 800giftcertificate.com. I just receivewd mine in the mail and if you go their website they offer about 100 different merchants to chose from. Once you are a member of more.com you can start earning referrels
Also, there are two different offers. One is the buy $10 and get the $25 gift certificate but the other is buy $25 and we both get a $25 gift certificate. It really depends on how much you want to spend

[This message has been edited by amlowe (edited 07-09-2000).]
Old Jul 13, 2000, 11:09 am

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
It looks like if you are referred by someone you must spend $25 to get the cert. You can also get the cert by spending only $10 if you click on the spend $10 site.

[This message has been edited by Paul3456 (edited 07-13-2000).]
Old Jul 13, 2000, 7:32 pm

I have done this offer twice and I love it! I redeemed my gift certificates for American Airlines travel vouchers so that I would earn miles rather than spending them. For those who don't know how to spend them, get them for an online store that you like so that you can shop to get more miles/points.
Old Jul 17, 2000, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just did the deal, looks like it worked great! BTW there is $3.95 shipping added, but it is waived if the order is over $30. I used amlowe for a referral via his link, however I'm not sure if it will work or not because the site says you are supposed to recieve an e-mail from them requested by the referrer, but the link did work and show the refferal link on the location bar, but no other confirmation. Would the next person in the conga send me an e-mail with more.com referral in the subject and I will have them send you the specified e-mail. We can continue this way. $25 is a great referral for a great deal.

(amlowe if you don't get your referral credit e-mail me with your user id and I will e-mail them to get the credit due to you)
Old Jul 17, 2000, 5:53 pm

the mile dog,
I did get the credit. Thank you. Actually if you get cut and paste your link like I did, it should work fine. I ahve gotten several referrals since my initial post. Thanks to all
Old Jul 24, 2000, 9:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Glad you got your referral amlowe, this is a great deal isn't it?

Since it appears to be working here is my referral link
http://www.more.com/index.html?refso...nk%40iserv.net

It appears like now you have to spend the $25 to get the cert, I would reccomend $30 to waive the shipping. Their prices are very similar to our locally, some items were cheaper, so this worked out very well.

[This message has been edited by The Mile Dog (edited 07-24-2000).]
Old Jul 29, 2000, 10:11 am
Original Member

Had a question when you get your certificate, does it just have a discount code that you use to redeem or did you receive a GCA id number and pin number?

From the normal website, 1-800 gift certificates does not offer Macys gift certs but if you have a GCA id # and pin number, you can enter the corporate reward portion of the site which has some additional certs like Macys. Just FYI
Old Jul 29, 2000, 4:55 pm

It has a GCA# and a PIN # with the hard copy that you get with your order

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.