Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

UK Xmas Treats 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Xmas Treats 2020

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
E.ON Energy Boxing Day Sale Discount Offers & Cashback Deals (topcashback.co.uk)
Surprised, another PDE.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Third star for 50p today--after a long string of PDEs.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
PDE, quelle surprise. I've just seen that today is the last day. Somehow I thought it went on until New Year's Eve. So we'd better go fishing like mad during these last hours!
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
PDE, quelle surprise. I've just seen that today is the last day. Somehow I thought it went on until New Year's Eve. So we'd better go fishing like mad during these last hours!
I went fishing yesterday as there was nothing happening at work and couldn't even find a PDE.

10p in total for me this time. I got a Christmas Tree this morning. Anything other than a tree or a PDE would have got some cash but hey ho.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, this is where I got to this time:

Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:01 pm

Just like mine.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, the game went on a bit longer and was a bit more fun this time. Wonder who wins the higher prizes? Is it people sitting in their back bedrooms doing nothing else but clicking all day?
britbronco22 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
10p here, and more PDEs than ever before (I didn't keep stats on this but it sure feels like it!). Thanks to the clue solvers
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a look at the results and it seems that one person won the top prize of Ł1,000 (I didn't know there was just one top prize). 10 people won ten prizes of Ł100, so that is indeed pretty low odds if there are just ten Ł100 prizes. Other prize winners were not listed because the sums are too insignificant to bother listing.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I had a look at the results and it seems that one person won the top prize of Ł1,000 (I didn't know there was just one top prize). 10 people won ten prizes of Ł100, so that is indeed pretty low odds if there are just ten Ł100 prizes. Other prize winners were not listed because the sums are too insignificant to bother listing.
I wonder how much fishing the winners of the decent prizes do. How much is pre-determined, how much is luck and how much is rampant fishing?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always had the feeling that the more fishing you did, the more PDFs you got. But I'm not so sure any more. I just wonder if the system is sophisticated enough to recognise people who are buying things a lot, awarding them more prizes, rather than me who was just clicking away without making any purchases.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:17 pm

I always had the feeling that the more fishing you did, the more PDFs you got. But I'm not so sure any more. I just wonder if the system is sophisticated enough to recognise people who are buying things a lot, awarding them more prizes, rather than me who was just clicking away without making any purchases.
Good point. I don't think that would be too difficult to program if they wanted to. Or it could favour premium members.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Good point. I don't think that would be too difficult to program if they wanted to. Or it could favour premium members.
I feel this is key. While I'm a TCB user, I'm certainly not a top member. I've only gotten the birdie while fishing or doing the daily game, not when actually making use of TCB, still, it keeps us entertain for the 2 week time while the game is going.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was a premium member for a couple of years, but it honestly wasn't worth it (I'm not such a prolific UK shopper) so I downgraded myself. This was before I became aware of this game (not sure when they started with it). Again, I had the feeling that this version for the game went on for a few days longer than previous versions.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I was a premium member for a couple of years, but it honestly wasn't worth it (I'm not such a prolific UK shopper) so I downgraded myself. This was before I became aware of this game (not sure when they started with it). Again, I had the feeling that this version for the game went on for a few days longer than previous versions.
I was a premium member (accidentally) and never won anything more than a small amount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.