Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

PointsForSurveys finally shuts me down

Old Feb 28, 19, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT

About 2 years ago, I signed up with them in order to earn points for my Jet Blue account. Answered a few surveys here and there and earned enough for a roundtrip ticket. Past few months, my account was being shut down, I emailed them asking what happened, and within 48hrs or so the account was active. This went on for about 4x. Finally, today they officially shut me down, after emailing them, they mentioned that:

"Our security system has flagged your account as being activated and operated from outside the United States. We cannot activate your account as this is in violation of our Terms and Conditions. For more information, please visit our Terms and Conditions page.
If you have any questions, please let us know."

Thing is that the account was opened and used while in the US, and my last out of country trip was in Nov 2017. Guess will have to find another way around this.
Old Feb 28, 19, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I hope you redeemed the points before they shut you down!
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:07 pm

VPNs definitely work less well now, if you were using one...I had a couple of accounts shut down last year for the same reason, on a trip overseas.
Old Mar 2, 19, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
I hope you redeemed the points before they shut you down!
No lost, as all points where accumulated in Jet Blue account.

Search this Thread